Options

The Dark Knight Rises Prologue

youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Man this movie looks cool. Since Christopher Nolan took over the directors chair these 3 movies have totally changed the face of the franchise. Can't wait till July 20th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtFaVj0GqO4
He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    awesome...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yes!!!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,066
    Please tell me this thing is gonna be like 4 hours long.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,145
    The 2nd trailer is out there too!!!

It's pretty remarkable
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    youngster wrote:
    Man this movie looks cool. Since Christopher Nolan took over the directors chair these 3 movies have totally changed the face of the franchise. Can't wait till July 20th.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:

It's pretty remarkable

Here it is: :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ESy1-ew9tw
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

It's pretty remarkable

I am beside myself with excitement.
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Ok, now I officially can't wait!!!! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    I couldn't hear a fucking word that was said in that first clip. I didn't know who any of them were (except Gordon in the first couple seconds). what am I missing here?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    now the second one, I got. But who's the weirdo with the mouth mask?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

Bane

He's much cooler than his portrayal in batman and robin

That was dumb.

It's the opening scene for tdkr, so there's still more to learn from Nolan's adaptation. In the comics he's known as " the man that broke the bat". I'm digging it so far. I think it was a good idea to use a villain like this after the joker. Lotta contrast
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Bane

He's much cooler than his portrayal in batman and robin

That was dumb.

I didn't realize/had forgotten he was in that movie...I tried to forget everything about that movie as soon as I saw it. :lol: I had to google to remember how he was previously presented.

04Bane.jpg

Batman-Robin_Bane.jpg

I think saying "that was dumb" was being way kind :lol:8-)
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

I didn't realize/had forgotten he was in that movie...I tried to forget everything about that movie as soon as I saw it. :lol: I had to google to remember how he was previously presented.

04Bane.jpg

Batman-Robin_Bane.jpg

I think saying "that was dumb" was being way kind :lol:8-)

good god. he looks like one of Vince McMahon's freaks from the 80's.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

It's pretty remarkable

down already
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    this movie is going to be awesome and will be awesome.

BUT you can't help to think what direction nolan would have went in if heath were still alive. i imagine he would have still had bane to keep the two villain theme going, but the catwoman? if they don't execute that properly, her character can be beyond lame.

so i hope the joker hasn't been replaced by the catwoman :?
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    youngster wrote:

dammit. i knew I should've watched this last night. It's down already.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Usually I try not expect too much from a movie, but this one looks like it is goign to be awesome. I think Nolan will improve on each film.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Usually I try not expect too much from a movie, but this one looks like it is goign to be awesome. I think Nolan will improve on each film.
    I hope so. The Heinz Field scene from the trailer looks awesome.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    The opening scene wasnt all the great to me. just an over the top scene. but the trailer looks good and i still have high hopes for this movie.

im really looking forward to the movie telling what happened between the 8 years of the end of of dark knight and this one, and what the harvey dent act is. thats alot of time in gotham considering where the movie left off, should be interesting.
  • Options
    The opening scene wasnt all the great to me. just an over the top scene. but the trailer looks good and i still have high hopes for this movie.

im really looking forward to the movie telling what happened between the 8 years of the end of of dark knight and this one, and what the harvey dent act is. thats alot of time in gotham considering where the movie left off, should be interesting.

Wow! I didn't know about the time jump. Interesting.
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

Yea

An older, slower batman vs a villain whose big n strong

That probably a big reason for the jump
  • Options
    Apparently the official trailer is up, over at the apple.com site. It was blocked for me at work, but it looks like it's up.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

Yea

I think one of the influences for this movie was Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns"- very dark story where batman returns years later
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Yea

I never thought of the time effecting Batman. Maybe that is where Ghul will come in? turn the clock back so batman has a fighting chance. Thats assuming nolan doesnt go with bane breaking the bat story and having ghul heal bruce. which was my first thinking of why ghul might be in this one.
  • Options
    Great interview with Nolan and he addresses the 8 year time lapse from the last film:

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/12/ ... ne-choice/
  • Options
    I think one of the influences for this movie was Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns"- very dark story where batman returns years later

i was kinda thinking this too. Interesting story line

8 years???
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    Let's start all the speculating ;)

I'm thinking those 8 yrs might have had another ordinary citizen trying to round up criminals in Gotham in lieu of batmans absence. Yes, Robin

It's been brought up in the last few months. Joseph Gordon Levitt is an interesting casting. Plus that shadowy figure in the trailer doesn't look like Catwoman or batman???

I wouldn't be shocked, though Bale hasnt been hot on this idea before. But I'm sure if Nolan approached him with a good story and way to put this together, why wouldn't you trust him? He makes great films and could pull it off

I would prefer no Robin, but I'd be intrigued to see Nolan's vision.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    who is bane standing over when he says, "when gotham is in ashes, you have my permission to die."?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yh6SriAjdE
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    who is bane standing over when he says, "when gotham is in ashes, you have my permission to die."?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yh6SriAjdE

sorta looks like bruce.... but its way too dark for me to tell.