Options

FT: My Benaroya Hall LP for your Billboard Poster +...

2»

Comments

• Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    I think it's a solid trade, by the way. If I was in the market for a Benny, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    You are looking for over $1,100 kn value for your record. Billboard posters are going for $525 right now. Benny's aren't worth much more than that. I would say a fair deal would be around $100-$200 and the poster for the record. You'll be able to get a Benny again for $500 in the summer.

Just because one auction sells for $900, people think theirs is worth that much. Wow!! You might be better off selling your Benny on eBay and buying the poster with the money. You might end up with $300-$325 profit, not $600!!

Sorry, I had a friend interested in this trade, but now he thinks he would rather keep the poster than shell out $600 plus a poster that will soon be going for over $600.

EDIT: The onlly reason I bring this up is because the OP thinks the poster is only worth $90 but wants to go by ebay prices for his record and not the poster. Wrong. The Benny was only worth $45 at one point too.
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    You are looking for over $1,100 kn value for your record. Billboard posters are going for $525 right now. Benny's aren't worth much more than that. I would say a fair deal would be around $100-$200 and the poster for the record. You'll be able to get a Benny again for $500 in the summer.

Just because one auction sells for $900, people think theirs is worth that much. Wow!! You might be better off selling your Benny on eBay and buying the poster with the money. You might end up with $300-$325 profit, not $600!!

Sorry, I had a friend interested in this trade, but now he thinks he would rather keep the poster than shell out $600 plus a poster that will soon be going for over $600.

EDIT: The onlly reason I bring this up is because the OP thinks the poster is only worth $90 but wants to go by ebay prices for his record and not the poster. Wrong. The Benny was only worth $45 at one point too.

he's cherry-picking the prices and disregarding the current flippability of the billboard print. the whole market is really out of control right now - an open benny for $900? and the auction on ebay showed alot of edgewear....tis the season...

i do think it will all settle eventually, i dont know if the benny will be back at 500 in a few months, 850-950 may be the new standard. i also dont think the billboard print will decrease, with its small run, i think it may settle at around 450-550 - that would be my low estimate but who really knows. i was wondering if i should be scrambling to try to find a billboard print now rather than later since i didnt score one in the sale in case it really does blow up.

a few comments popped up in this thread indicating it was a fair offer, so if the OP gets this deal, good for him. although i'm with you in terms of value, you never know who will pay what, or who thinks whats fair. a PJ fan is trying to sell his PJ20 vinyl for $260 over at EB. even with a another poster telling him its not market value (on ebay and amazon), people rush to his defense basically affirming his right to take advantage of the uninformed. it certainly is a refreshing take given the threads here are usually full of judgement. but i do like the fact that the opinions here are usually geared towards helping the uninformed get a fair deal.
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

dude... what the hell? We were talking privately via email. There is no need for this, and i was completely upfront in my original post.

I never paid attention to Benny prices. Up until last week i never thought about trading/selling it. I want this poster, and checked completed ebay prices for a comp. value of the Benny vinyl. One ended a day or so prior at $925 or so. At the time, the poster was selling for $350. So I offered the trade of my vinyl for the poster + $600 for a pretty even market value trade.

I couldn't have been more upfront and I'm sorry you didn't read my original post clearly. Trying to call me out in this thread because you didn't read my original post correctly is pretty shitty though.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Options
    In other terms, bump.

If my trade is unfair, make an offer. I would like to see this poster on my wall soon.

thanks,
    Kevin
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    I don't think I was calling you out, just stating the obvious. I'm sorry if you thought that but numbers don't lie. Anyway, this trade was for a friend, not me so i'll let it go.

$100 to $200 plus the Benny for the poster would work. The poster is much more limited than the Benny. If you are going to go by ebay prices for your Benny, you should do the same for the poster, that's all.

Good luck!
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    I honestly think that PJ20 poster is one of the worst designs ever. What were they trying to advertise? Monster Energy Halucination Pearl Jam Euphoria Jam on the Hill?

I'd keep the records. At the very least, you know the vinyl will hold its value. This poster, not so much. This is no Easy Street we're talking about. There are very few post '98 posters that hold their enormous value. Think about the MSG 03 Scientist.

And who cares about exclusivity of an item when it's not that appealing. It's gigantic and you're going to seriously question why you bothered paying $500 bucks to frame it a few years from now. :D
  • Options
    I honestly think that PJ20 poster is one of the worst designs ever. What were they trying to advertise? Monster Energy Halucination Pearl Jam Euphoria Jam on the Hill?

I'd keep the records. At the very least, you know the vinyl will hold its value. This poster, not so much. This is no Easy Street we're talking about. There are very few post '98 posters that hold their enormous value. Think about the MSG 03 Scientist.

And who cares about exclusivity of an item when it's not that appealing. It's gigantic and you're going to seriously question why you bothered paying $500 bucks to frame it a few years from now. :D

i think most people who want this print want it because of the whole "i was there and saw it being painted behind me." i think the design is pretty cool. think it was one of the better ones out of the 4 alpine prints. and finding meaning in alot PJ prints can actually be pretty difficult. not sure where munk/maxx got their inspiration from but it would be cool to hear it. the run and event is whats going to make this popular and hold value...

cant say for certain either that the benny vinyl is a sure thing to hold value - you never know. my guess is there wouldnt be a reissue, but if there is, it will kill the value of benny. just like ITW.
  • Options
    I doubt we'll ever see a reissue of benaroya, at least on colored vinyl. I think they know what they did with it.

I didn't know the billboard was painted during the event. That's cool. I just find the art random and ill-suited for hanging in most homes. I don't know who'd want to take that much real estate for a neon-colored print that wasn't a Warhol. But i'm older now. And i'm over the bulk of need for most things PJ-related in my life that aren't music.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    And I thought I was the only one who thought the new Billboard poster was god awful ugly. I'd keep the Benny Lp's any day over that poster.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    I think most people want things that are tough to obtain. They don't always care if it's pleasing to the eye. I do understand if you were at the event, you likely want every piece of memorabilia you can get your fingers on. But for many people, it's just a chance at having something others weren't fortunate enough to get.

It's like all those old Hot Wheels Redline cars from the late 60's. Search ebay and your jaw will drop with the value many bring in.
  • Options
    tweaked to broaden the trade.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604

pure speculation and opinion (which you're entitled to) either way for both the vinyl and poster.
  • Options
    fanofzsfanofzs NYC Posts: 507
    edited December 2011
    Edit:

I'll trade:
    Benny Hall vinyl (863/2000)

I'd like:
    PJ Billboard Print
    + one of the following:

$400
    Ames PJ20 Variant
    Klausen PJ20 Variant
    Hampton PJ20 Variant +200

or best offer, but the billboard print must be part of the trade.

thanks,
    Kevin

Hi Kevin. I would consider a trade for your Benaroya Hall LPs, for my PJ20 Billboard and PJ20 Hampton AP.

The Benaroya Hall set needs to be primo though. Please send me some pics and description of the condition.

Thank you very much

PM'd
    Post edited by fanofzs on
  • Options
    fanofzsfanofzs NYC Posts: 507
    fanofzs wrote:
    Edit:

I'll trade:
    Benny Hall vinyl (863/2000)

I'd like:
    PJ Billboard Print
    + one of the following:

$400
    Ames PJ20 Variant
    Klausen PJ20 Variant
    Hampton PJ20 Variant +200

or best offer, but the billboard print must be part of the trade.

thanks,
    Kevin

Hi Kevin. I would consider a trade for your Benaroya Hall LPs, for my PJ20 Billboard and PJ20 Hampton AP.

The Benaroya Hall set needs to be primo though. Please send me some pics and description of the condition.

Thank you very much

PM'd

Deal made. Thanks Kevin.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Wow..congrats on this Mega Deal
  • Options
    MedozK wrote:
    Wow..congrats on this Mega Deal

Thanks, it'll be the greatest Christmas exchange ever.
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    my i ask what was traded
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:
    my i ask what was traded

Joe, I'll shoot you a PM