Options

FT: My Benaroya Hall LP for your Billboard Poster +...

thebettermanthebetterman Posts: 657
edited December 2011 in Lost Dogs
Edit:

I'll trade:
Benny Hall vinyl (863/2000)
(opened w/minor wear on cover, PM for photos)

I'd like:
PJ Billboard Print
+ one of the following:

$400
Ames PJ20 Variant
Klausen PJ20 Variant
Hampton PJ20 Variant +200

or best offer, but the billboard print must be part of the trade.

thanks,
Kevin
-one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    I think your reasoning is spot on, but to be honest I'm waiting for a high-res scan of the billboard. I'm fine with not owning the original b/c a print will suit me just fine. I'll never be able to replace the Benny though.

Best of luck though. I'm sure you'll find a taker on this deal.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Holy crap. Wish I had one of those posters!! Good luck!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    If you want the poster that bad... why not sell your Benaroyal for a reasonable price and then purchase the PJ20 billboard poster- having a little extra for X-Mas cheer?

Good luck with your quest.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Just went to ebay to take a look for you... yikes.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    The prices on the print are getting out of hand!!
  • Options
    If you want the poster that bad... why not sell your Benaroyal for a reasonable price and then purchase the PJ20 billboard poster- having a little extra for X-Mas cheer?

Good luck with your quest.

bc he probably wouldnt be pocketing $600 if he did that. with only just 255 produced of this print, the price is just going to increase. the op is smart trying to get this deal now, with the 600 cash. hard to believe just last july, i purchased a sealed benny for like 535.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    This trade reminds me of Ed's Ukulele tshirt, Ukes got balls! but instead Kevin got balls!

I hope you make this trade happen!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    never seen this print. what's the big deal?

edit: just googled it. pretty cool.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    never seen this print. what's the big deal?

23359237.jpg
  • Options
    ps. Sawyer, this is what I'd call a monster trade.
    :lol:

Best of luck!
  • Options
    fanofzsfanofzs NYC Posts: 507
    Is there anything else you are looking for, to lower the $600 asking price?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I wouldnt trade my benny for ten posters.

except maybe ten 96' istanbuls in mnt condition
  • Options
    Some people here may be interested in this thread...
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=179198
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Options
    Bump, answering pm's now.

Thanks
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,901
    An opened Benny Hall just sold for $900 on ebay.

Holy shit!!! A used Benny Hall vinyl went for that much? Damn!! :shock:
  • Options
    love the poster... but seriously a trade I'd consider and wouldn't have thought I''d trade or sell it ever
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    An opened Benny Hall just sold for $900 on ebay.

Holy shit!!! A used Benny Hall vinyl went for that much? Damn!! :shock:

I was pretty surprised myself
  • Options
    love the poster... but seriously a trade I'd consider and wouldn't have thought I''d trade or sell it ever

That's what I've said about my vinyl too, it's crazy how things can change though, if your interested let me know.
  • Options
    I totally will .. just going to think on it.
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    I totally will .. just going to think on it.

You got it, took me three days to convince myself to offer this at all so I know what you mean.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    edited December 2011
    :shock:
    Post edited by jamminpearls on
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    ten2o3ten2o3 Wausau, WI Posts: 225
    Got my billboard poster (40/200) today...and the color is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING on this thing!!! Good luck in your search
    9/3/11 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    9/4/11 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    10/19/14 St. Paul
    10/20/14 Milwaukee (Yield in full!!!)
  • Options
    DAMONDAMON Posts: 256
    I feel responsible....
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    What the fuck do you all do for a living? Some liquid mofo's around here.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    hey,
    thought about it and I can't, not only do I want the poster and not want to be trying to track it down, but I just can't spend even that *cheap* rate on a record, esp not so close to xmas...
    I want the Benny but that's nothing new so I'll just keep on...
    Good luck though, hope you get one
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    It's beyond me why anyone would pay almost $1,000 for an LP that's a live recording that was more than likely recorded digitally, the CD and LP more than likely sound almost the same. So you are basically paying that much to have the large cardboard LP cover and a couple of pull out pictures.

I own thousand of LP's that I have accumulated in my 42 years on this earth and let me tell you, you can buy a lot of LP's for $1,000 you could by about 30 new 180 gram vinyl LP's for that much money, I WISH I had a Benaroya Hall LP, not to have, but to freaking sell to someone so I could buy 30 new 180 gram LP's and I could just listen to my Benaroya Hall CD when I wanted to hear it.
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    Cob wrote:
    It's beyond me why anyone would pay almost $1,000 for an LP that's a live recording that was more than likely recorded digitally, the CD and LP more than likely sound almost the same. So you are basically paying that much to have the large cardboard LP cover and a couple of pull out pictures.

I own thousand of LP's that I have accumulated in my 42 years on this earth and let me tell you, you can buy a lot of LP's for $1,000 you could by about 30 new 180 gram vinyl LP's for that much money, I WISH I had a Benaroya Hall LP, not to have, but to freaking sell to someone so I could buy 30 new 180 gram LP's and I could just listen to my Benaroya Hall CD when I wanted to hear it.

One mans obsession is another mans folly.

My obsession is posters... Pieces of paper with colors on them. To each our own ok?
  • Options
    Cob wrote:

Gold is just a rock, wine is just moldy grape juice, money is just silky paper....the list goes on and on
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    YOU ARE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would never do this trade but TO EACH HIS OWN ...

if i had the poster i would have made this trade in seconds ....

im willing to bet you will find someone to make this trade by the end of the day ...
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    Nevermind. I reread your post for the 11th time and figured it out.