Options

2ND MANCHESTER DATE ADDED

Comments

• Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    edited December 2011
    In the US if they add shows to a tour, everyone gets a heads-up on the site plenty of time in advance. Why not here?

In the aftermath of probably the biggest PR disaster in the band's history, they had the perfect opportunity make amends, to bandage the wound. Instead, they rub salt in it.

This is utterly disgraceful.

No we don't. I think 3 of the Ed solo shows last year were add just as the 1st shows sold out. I think the 2nd PJ Chicago show in 09 was the same way.
    No ticket sale was as this one. A nightmare. They could at least warn us. Hint, something. After the whole fiasco now this. We should ALL get wristbands for shows we got tickets. Not only for standing, all of it!
    I agree-disgraceful.
    Post edited by cropdustress on
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    No ticket sale was as this one. A nightmare. They could at least warn us. Hint, something. After the whole fiasco now this. We should ALL get wristbands for shows we got tickets. Not only for standing, all of it.

I agree, I hope all the 10c members are given early entery bands, seated, standing, anything.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    In the US if they add shows to a tour, everyone gets a heads-up on the site plenty of time in advance. Why not here?

In the aftermath of probably the biggest PR disaster in the band's history, they had the perfect opportunity make amends, to bandage the wound. Instead, they rub salt in it.

No we don't. I think 3 of the Ed solo shows last year were add just as the 1st shows sold out. I think the 2nd PJ Chicago show in 09 was the same way.

Maybe sometimes not then, but there have been very many times when additional shows will be flagged on the news feed and on the board beforehand. If ever there was a time when they should have made damn sure they did that, this was it.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options

In the aftermath of probably the biggest PR disaster in the band's history, they had the perfect opportunity make amends, to rbandage the wound. Instead, they rub salt in it.

Maybe sometimes not then, but there have been very many times when additional shows will be flagged on the news feed and on the board beforehand. If ever there was a time when they should have made damn sure they did that, this was it.
    I remember that. They DID say for 2010 theyd add a show or two. Remember italy was one of those. Rumours but also hints from 10c. I guess we just have to live with this. For now. I will say it again: we do not deserve this.
  • Options
    No ticket sale was as this one. A nightmare. They could at least warn us. Hint, something. After the whole fiasco now this. We should ALL get wristbands for shows we got tickets. Not only for standing, all of it.

I agree, I hope all the 10c members are given early entery bands, seated, standing, anything.

Not sure why you would like a early enetery wristband when you have seats?
    Not like someones gonna steal your seat...

If it was organized like @ Wuhlheide, with a bar and separate entrance etc, I would understand...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    Well I just managed to get standing tickets, only because I saw it on twitter, otherwise I would not know there was a 2nd date!
    I hardly post here, but I've been folowing the whole saga, and it does seem to be a complete fuck up.
    I'll swallow poison, until I grow immune
    I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room!
  • Options
    No ticket sale was as this one. A nightmare. They could at least warn us. Hint, something. After the whole fiasco now this. We should ALL get wristbands for shows we got tickets. Not only for standing, all of it!
    I agree-disgraceful.

I agree.
    It was a nightmare and we should all get wristbands.
    I probably won't get any wristband this time.
    In Stockholm we have seats, beacuse we couldn't find other tickets.
    For Olso and Copenhagen the only friend who could complete an order is not a 10 clubber.
    Who cares, of course, I'm happy to have tickets.
    I'll take it as the first step towards the liberation from the 10club/front row dependence.
    I have a feeling I don't want to live another experience like this anymore.
    Roma
    Bologna, Verona, Milano, Torino, Pistoia
    London, Dusseldorf, Scheessel, Copenhagen
    New York, New York
    Rotterdam, Berlin, Manchester, London
    Dublin, Belfast, London, Venice
    Alpine Valley
    Berlin I, Berlin II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    Berlin, Milan
    Boston I, Boston II
    (London I, London II, Milan, Padova, Roma, Werchter)
  • Options
    Having been hard at work today, i have managed to miss out on standing for night 2 again! If anyone has a spare that would be great, pm me please, i only need one cheers.
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    danny d
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    really,,its a pitty..dont know what to say seeing all those friends sad and angry...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Wristbands for all.

early access for Soundcheck/extended pre set for fan club memebers only
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    Fu Manchu wrote:
    Wristbands for all.

early access for Soundcheck/extended pre set for fan club memebers only
    :lol: one can dream. So can a mass od fans.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    really,,its a pitty..dont know what to say seeing all those friends sad and angry...

I've tried to find a reasoning why there was no announcement by the band or the ticket vendors.

Obviously there was going to be no 10C sale for additional dates after what happened this week. But still Pearl Jam SHOULD be announcing dates first.

My other thought was maybe the ticket vendors shut early for Xmas so won't be selling tickets next week. They usually sell new tickets on Fridays - selling on the 23rd Dec seems a bit shitty to me. But then again why couldn't they just wait til the New Year.

Despite my reasonings though there is the one huge thing that sticks in my mind - it was not just thought of this morning to add an extra date. This has been in planning, well since the tour was planned I'd say.

Hell, I knew 10 days ago about the 2nd night so really Pearl Jam should have announced this. They even had the opportunity yesterday to do with when they told us of the 'sabotage'.

I have tickets for both nights and I'm happy about that but this week has just been a disaster for Pearl Jam and all those involved. I think they will have lost quite a few fans this week.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,723
    through all the negative feeling....

Im bursting for June...two shows back to back in manchester.

June cannot come soon enough.

anyone expecting an extended fanclub set really need to think how on earth they would achieve that.....unless it was a soundcheck but the point of the soundcheck is to get the show tight so i dont see that happening either. People need to realise the energy these guys put into a show, 2hrs 30 on average isnt easy to pull off at the level of energy they put in, come on lets be reasonable......expecting more than they already give on a show is a bit off.
  • Options
    I have tickets for both nights and I'm happy about that but this week has just been a disaster for Pearl Jam and all those involved. I think they will have lost quite a few fans this week

I don't think PJ will lose any fans, but the 10club might lose a few members.
    I'll swallow poison, until I grow immune
    I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room!
  • Options
    I can't believe that PJ's management or 10c DID NOT announce this.

I'm currently at work and only found out because I had a spare 5 minutes and ended up looking at the forum.

Having said that.....I now have seated tickets for the gig on the 21st. Not ideal but i'll still be there.

I'm still deeply unhappy about the way things have been handled.....I'll be emailing 10c later to let them know how I feel.

I'm wondering if the band really know what happened (poor communication/deleting posts). I doubt we'll ever find out.
    Manchester 4th June 2000 London 18th June 2007 Manchester 17th August 2009 Los Angeles 1st October 2009 Manchester 21st June 2012 Leeds 8th July 2014 Milton Keynes 11th July 2014
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,114
    edited December 2011
    Bogwoppit wrote:
    I have tickets for both nights and I'm happy about that but this week has just been a disaster for Pearl Jam and all those involved. I think they will have lost quite a few fans this week

Not many. they have us by the balls due to the membershipnumbers. If they didn't have those I bet alot would quit. But most will wait untill in 5-15 years they will get stuff to work. and I think the 10C knows they have the upper hand - cue lazy handling and bad management.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Even though I got tickets for the gigs I was wanting to go to, it was all a bit chaotic... Not a good week for the band and for the 10C... Obviously, not a good week for us, the fans that spend our hard earned money to get to see the band.
    I only got to know about the 2nd night because of twitter and I was lucky enough to be near home so I could come in and get them, but still...was expecting that the 10C members would again get some warning and some way to get some sort of priority.
    Just as well that I didn't get my flights and accommodation sorted for Manchester...now would be forking out more money for changing it...
    I feel sorry for everyone that didn't get tickets and I am sure that when the dust settles, there will be a lot of people not renewing their memberships.
    I just wonder if the band members are aware of this all and what would their thoughts be on all that has happened...
    As I fan since the early days, I will always try to be as close as possible, especially being in Europe we know that we can be a long time without seeing them so we take all the opportunities to go to gigs. I have been saving for this and will go to 2x Manchester and Amsterdam - but there's a bitter taste in that happiness as I wasn't expecting such events this week.
    Hope it is all sorted the best way possible.
    We love Pearl Jam!
    "If you hate something, don't you do it too"
    Sandro
    "Why are you hitting yourself?... c'mon hit me instead"
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:

I've tried to find a reasoning why there was no announcement by the band or the ticket vendors.

Obviously there was going to be no 10C sale for additional dates after what happened this week. But still Pearl Jam SHOULD be announcing dates first.

My other thought was maybe the ticket vendors shut early for Xmas so won't be selling tickets next week. They usually sell new tickets on Fridays - selling on the 23rd Dec seems a bit shitty to me. But then again why couldn't they just wait til the New Year.

Despite my reasonings though there is the one huge thing that sticks in my mind - it was not just thought of this morning to add an extra date. This has been in planning, well since the tour was planned I'd say.

Hell, I knew 10 days ago about the 2nd night so really Pearl Jam should have announced this. They even had the opportunity yesterday to do with when they told us of the 'sabotage'.

I have tickets for both nights and I'm happy about that but this week has just been a disaster for Pearl Jam and all those involved. I think they will have lost quite a few fans this week.
    No need to do deep thoughts,,a post here,tweter facebook..
    good morninmg europe..2nd day added,tickets on sale in one hour from ticketmaster..no fan clut tix this time..
    enjoy the show and thats it.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Please Please Please add a second Berlin date.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    edited December 2011
    I think I am on candid camera
    Post edited by meme on
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    listen to this man..
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    meme wrote:
    It's now sold out. FUCK you 10c, and fuck you whoever hired you. Fuck you.

fingers crossed that this time more people got tickets ahead of the scalpers etc so there should be more spares floating around. good luck...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Bogwoppit wrote:

To tell you the truth, I am losing some love. I feel disrespected. I feel shat on. Clearly this was known. They are taking their extreme inability to communicate to amazing levels. Not just for a business, but as minimally social human beings. This is ridiculous. The show is now sold out. I am in the fanclub for what? Not a word on it yet...
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    The 2nd show is definitely not sold out, although it appears only seated tickets are available.

Link to seated tickets for 2nd show:

[link removed by Admin. We do not support ticket scalpers or brokers here.]
    Have better available seats than Ticketmaster at the moment and are an official outlet (I have used them before)

Can also try seats at Ticketmaster: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/1F0047909A31B21C?artistid=735836&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,880
    listen to this man..

I'm listening to him! :D
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    Keep going people amazingly I just got 2 standing tickets for the 2nd show off live nation.

Bill hicks was god!
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    meme wrote:
    It's now sold out. FUCK you 10c, and fuck you whoever hired you. Fuck you.

fingers crossed that this time more people got tickets ahead of the scalpers etc so there should be more spares floating around. good luck...

steady on man
  • Options

im with this guy too ;)
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

im with this guy too ;)

Outlaw Kat, can you hear me :)
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene