Options

For My 5000th Post.....a Thank You!!!!

pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
edited November 2008 in The Porch
I have always loved this band....Since the day I heard them, there was always something that just kept me coming back...While I love them for the way they treated their fans...while I love them for the way they conducted their business and the way they stood up for THEIR beliefs. While I love them for trying to keep tickets prices low, making sure the the average person could seem them without breaking the bank....While I love them for NEVER giving in to trying to write something catchy just to appease radio and sell tons of records...While I love them for the benefits they do, the things they contribute to the causes that move them and EVERYTHING in between....

All of that pales in comparison to them giving me the opportunity to make some of the lifelong friends I have met over the past 18+ years. There is no way to really put any of these people in any higher regard than the other, and in fact alot of them do not even come here....But if not for the following group of people, I am not so sure that the love might not have faded and long been forgotten. For your mere friendship, the things you have taught me, the things you have sent, the cds, the dvds, the soundchecks the tickets, the couches to crash on, the hotels and rental cars shared..getting to know you and your families...pictures of our kids, your pets, yourselves, us and them..For teaching me that anything and everything associated with this band should be shared for all to hear....For teaching me how to set up a trade, to do a b&p, teaching to me to respect the tapers and how to go about obtaining the 100's and 100's of shows and collectibles I have been so fortunate to obtain over the years. For changing my life for the better while still letting me be myself and not judging me for my downfalls or the 1000's of repeat questions as to what is right and wrong to do in the PJ community.......For all of that and MANY MANY more things..I say THANK YOU!!

Chris D..Carl S...Doris H..Lynn T...JR...Kathy...Jess...Mike D....Bruce W.... Christine....Mariann B and to the others who have had a hand in it all...

THANK YOU!!!! I am forever in your debt....will always be your friend....and am always a phone call away should you need me for anything.....
Never, ever, flipping forget
"Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I have always loved this band....Since the day I heard them, there was always something that just kept me coming back...While I love them for the way they treated their fans...while I love them for the way they conducted their business and the way they stood up for THEIR beliefs. While I love them for trying to keep tickets prices low, making sure the the average person could seem them without breaking the bank....While I love them for NEVER giving in to trying to write something catchy just to appease radio and sell tons of records...While I love them for the benefits they do, the things they contribute to the causes that move them and EVERYTHING in between....

All of that pales in comparison to them giving me the opportunity to make some of the lifelong friends I have met over the past 18+ years. There is no way to really put any of these people in any higher regard than the other, and in fact alot of them do not even come here....But if not for the following group of people, I am not so sure that the love might not have faded and long been forgotten. For your mere friendship, the things you have taught me, the things you have sent, the cds, the dvds, the soundchecks the tickets, the couches to crash on, the hotels and rental cars shared..getting to know you and your families...pictures of our kids, your pets, yourselves, us and them..For teaching me that anything and everything associated with this band should be shared for all to hear....For teaching me how to set up a trade, to do a b&p, teaching to me to respect the tapers and how to go about obtaining the 100's and 100's of shows and collectibles I have been so fortunate to obtain over the years. For changing my life for the better while still letting me be myself and not judging me for my downfalls or the 1000's of repeat questions as to what is right and wrong to do in the PJ community.......For all of that and MANY MANY more things..I say THANK YOU!!

Chris D..Carl S...Doris H..Lynn T...JR...Kathy...Jess...Mike D....Bruce W.... Christine....Mariann B and to the others who have had a hand in it all...

THANK YOU!!!! I am forever in your debt....will always be your friend....and am always a phone call away should you need me for anything.....

You just classed up the pit a bunch with this thread. Congrats on 5K. I wish I had half of the stuff you have. i'll get there someday.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    Congratulations on the 5,000!

And I thank you for sharing your love and respect for the band and what it has brought to you over the years. I just started my journey in the pit a few months ago but I sincerely hope to be able to make and keep such wonderful friends as yours.
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    For my 500th post, I salute you on your 5000th :D !
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    You just classed up the pit a bunch with this thread. Congrats on 5K. I wish I had half of the stuff you have. i'll get there someday.

Thanks!!

Just remember...Everyone has to start somewhere, and it will take time, but there is so so so much out there...The best advice I can offer is to just have fun with it....If it ever becomes something you do for "value" of your collection, or if it ever feels like work, you are doing it for the wrong reasons....imho...:)

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    congrats on reaching 5,000!!
  • Options
    great 5000th post :) im just beginning to understand what you're talking about, this being the first tour i went to without parents. this was also the first tour when i started meeting new people during the preparties and started to go on the pit more and more. it's also the first time i started to really, truly appreciate pearl jam for who they really are. thanks for making me feel like i'm not the only one who loves this lifestyle (because it truly isn't just a band, it's a lifestyle!).

i wonder how my mom would take my 5000th post. she thought i was a loser when i hit 500 :p
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    Nice post.

Can I have your phone number and address too? I want to see that collection of posters!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    twangtwang Posts: 62
    How bout this for a first post - Is Carl S. really on here? if so, please PM me. It's Tim W. ;)
    I know. my first post sucked. But I want to echo the sentiments of this thread. I have been following the music for 17 years now.... coast-to-coast, even multiple continents. Met amazing people along the way, and built a lifetime of memories..... including the first listserv(s) for PJ... and multiple mailing lists. which brought me to the question about Carl.... WHERE YOU AT, C?!?!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,786
    top man Scott, nice thread.....
  • Options
    jaamfaan wrote:
    Nice post.

Can I have your phone number and address too? I want to see that collection of posters!

If you are ever in WA state, let me know and you are more than welcome to come by! :)

and rsm....As far as I know, Carl has never come here. I have never even known him to lurk here, but who knows.....He is residing in Vegas these days...Welcome to the board.....

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
    If you are ever in WA state, let me know and you are more than welcome to come by! :)

I want to visit the Pearl Jam House :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    I want to visit the Pearl Jam House :)

You are a loooooong way away my friend!! hahaha....However welcome at ANYTIME!!! :)...You ever been up to our little part of the country??

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    you're welcome.

:p
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    you're welcome.

:p

Thank YOU too! ;)