Guess What Crossed My Driveway...

2»

Comments

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    He's (she?) is beautiful. I don't think we have them up here - but I have seen foxes, saw a coyote once, and heard them many times. My daughter has seen a bear, and when she went down to the Keys, she saw alligators.

When I saw your thread title I thought it would be about a snake.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    JaneNY wrote:
    He's (she?) is beautiful. I don't think we have them up here - but I have seen foxes, saw a coyote once, and heard them many times. My daughter has seen a bear, and when she went down to the Keys, she saw alligators.

When I saw your thread title I thought it would be about a snake.
    Extinct east of the Mississippi with the exception of the Florida sub-species, which has been known to wander into southern Georgia and Alabama. :ugeek:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    g under p wrote:
    One of These this morning....

sn_ts_1001102_hdr.jpg

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/ ... ion_up.php

I was in a state of shock even way out here in West Palm Beach...We're up against the Everglades in a horse community and i've seen wild boars, pigs, deer, turtles, otters, python, chickens, falcons and all kinds of other wild birds but never a panther. :shock:

Peace

That's awesome!!!
    I only get coyotes and javalinas around my place. I was running early one morning, came around a corner face to face with the biggest f'n coyote I've ever seen. Thing was almost the size of a German shepard! They aren't all that aggressive, but the size of this f'er was a little startling! :D
  • 7RayZ7RayZ Posts: 488
    EmBleve wrote:
    7RayZ wrote:
    Its a cougar. :D We get bobcats and cougars here all the time. They are part of the natural ecosystem.

I have small pack coyotes in my back yard I feed.

Crossing paths with a Cougar Native American Style:
    Cougar medicine is the lesson of the use of power,
    how to be an effective, fair leader and not abuse power.

This totem’s gift is how to balance power, intention, strength and grace.
    It is the balance of body, mind and spirit.
    The first responsibility of leadership is truth.

Remember: Responsibility is no more than the ability to respond to any situation.
    Cougar can teach you how to bring out your power
    and fill your heart with it that will enable you to take charge of your life.
    You can use Cougar power to defend yourself or to attack.
    +1. I love this post. I've never seen a cougar in the wild like the op, but I just saw a coyote the other night for the very first time. Thanks again for your post. :D
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Very cool..

A few years ago a 150 lb mountain lion made it's way to the north side of Chicago. Sadly, the police shot it.. I guess it had traveled a thousand miles from Montana looking for a mate.. that's one horny cat.

In the Chicago area we have tons of coyotes now. I see them all of the time. 10 years ago we didn't have any, so they've definitely made a come back.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,811
    g under p wrote:
    One of These this morning....

sn_ts_1001102_hdr.jpg

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/ ... ion_up.php

I was in a state of shock even way out here in West Palm Beach...We're up against the Everglades in a horse community and i've seen wild boars, pigs, deer, turtles, otters, python, chickens, falcons and all kinds of other wild birds but never a panther. :shock:

Peace
    i didn't get a chance to guess :( ;):lol:

Wow! Never came across one of those near me (knock on wood). I usually only get deer, foxes, wolves (once in awhile) etc...
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Wow, thats awesome G...
    I've never seen one, but my uncle came across one on the golf course a few years back.
    Very cool that you got to witness that. :)

Yes, J I continue to come across more and more unusual animals out here each day. I just wish someone else would witness theses things too. It's almost like seeing a UFO and no one else there to verify it with you.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• catch him! and keep him as a pet 8-)
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"