Options

Why the heck did you buy the PJ20 vinyl?

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
edited December 2011 in Lost Dogs
If you never wanted it to begin with?!
www.cluthelee.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Good question. That's probably the reason I didn't buy it. :lol:
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I bought mine to listen to. And I've done that 3 times since it arrived. :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Because it's the season of flipping. Everyone is buying to trade. Although making every single thing limited is not helping. Let the flippers flip, let the bitchers bitch. The rest of us can just enjoy the music and the joy of getting another vinyl or poster,etq.... to add to our collection. Pearl Jammers unite :D
  • Options

That's a silly question - I think you know why.
  • Options
    SwBkRn44SwBkRn44 Posts: 232

I wish the Benaroya Hall vinyl never got released. I thinked that really spawned the whole movement of "Wow, I can make a bunch of money off PJ gear." I know there was other rare items here and there, but that seems to be the birth of the flipping movement.

I've sold a few things and traded a few things, but mostly due to changing interests, less posters, more vinyl. But never really bought anything just to trade it.

That said, I ordered two copies of PJ20 vinyl, one for me, one for my Dad. Both will get played.
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    SwBkRn44 wrote:

I wish the Benaroya Hall vinyl never got released. I thinked that really spawned the whole movement of "Wow, I can make a bunch of money off PJ gear." I know there was other rare items here and there, but that seems to be the birth of the flipping movement.

I've sold a few things and traded a few things, but mostly due to changing interests, less posters, more vinyl. But never really bought anything just to trade it.

That said, I ordered two copies of PJ20 vinyl, one for me, one for my Dad. Both will get played.
    better yet... I wish the benny never stopped being made.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    I bought it for my wife, for Christmas... Then she gave me her list.. Anyone want to trade a Breville 5 Quart mixer for a pj20 vinyl?
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,064
    I bought it, got it, and have been spinning it! Side two of the first record is absolutely AMAZING!

Black (Still the best version ever!)
    Blood
    Last Exit
    Not For You
    Do The Evolution
  • Options
    Abe Froman wrote:
    I bought it, got it, and have been spinning it! Side two of the first record is absolutely AMAZING!

Black (Still the best version ever!)
    Blood
    Last Exit
    Not For You
    Do The Evolution

I could not agree more. :D
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i bought 5....just to piss you off....i'm thinking of ordering a 6th :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    I wish I knew where my Benny was... :oops: Currently, m.i.a.
    yikes
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    pjtaper wrote:
    yikes

what?!
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    I never saw PJ20 vinyl a necessary purchase. Of course die-hards bought it cos they own everything on vinyl but I'd sat there was a good percentage who bought it as trade bait and also hoping that value-wise its the next Benny. I said this as soon as it sold out and got shot down. But it was obvious why it sold out so quickly.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    yikes

what?!
    It's somewhere in my closet, with my other PJ Vinyl... where, I have NO clue... probably buried under 200 posters :oops:
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Not sure....it's a disease....
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    pjtaper wrote:
    pjtaper wrote:
    yikes

what?!
    It's somewhere in my closet, with my other PJ Vinyl... where, I have NO clue... probably buried under 200 posters :oops:

you know, that closet can easily fund my son's 529 college plan. Let me know if you ever decide to leave the apartment without locking up!
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    I bought it because It was a good price. If my order had of gotten cancelled, I would not have gone after it on the secondary market..Got an email saying it should be deliverd today. Guess I got lucky.

It's definitely one PJ record I could live without if I didn't have it though.
  • Options
    Lenny, my old dog, would beg any intruder for food, but Bindi is a little wild fox, I wouldn't come in if I didn't know her...
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Seems like it would make a good trivet.

I kid, I kid!!

Wanna spin it some day. 2012 is the year I purchase a turntable. Just need to find some space to put it!
  • Options
    I couldn't agree with this whole movement - going against this desperation to 'collect' shit just to collect, and forgetting that limited releases aside, ebay aside, trading aside, collecting aside........... there's the music.

pjtaper - come on man! you are one of the lucky 2000 people that will ever get to enjoy that beautiful and memorable concert on vinyl - how can you NOT know where it is? Why do you even have that if you're not going to enjoy it? Just to 'have it'?

--- and I'm not putting you on the spot, I mean that for everything; even having sealed shit. Why would you have it if you're not going to use it? Listen to it? Enjoy it?

I don't know if it was with the Benny Hall vinyl, but in the past 5 years or so, there's been a tendency to HAVE things... accumulate things... things things things.... when/where does it stop?

I don't mean to get all philosophical, but underneath it all, there's the music. Let's not forget that.
  • Options
    I don't have a record player... I'm an ART collector. I like Brad Klausen. I listen to mp3s over flac... Vinyl, in my mind, is 12x12 in art... I have some AWESOME looking vinyl, with HORRIBLE music on it (aaron horkey)... Shit, directly in front of where I sit, there are two painted records on my wall, one is Snookie, one is a big 4:20 friendly design :)
    Hope that answers your question...

Also, I listened to that show 10,000 times before I got the vinyl. didn't need to hear it again.
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    I don't have a record player... I'm an ART collector. I like Brad Klausen. I listen to mp3s over flac... Vinyl, in my mind, is 12x12 in art... I have some AWESOME looking vinyl, with HORRIBLE music on it (aaron horkey)... Shit, directly in front of where I sit, there are two painted records on my wall, one is Snookie, one is a big 4:20 friendly design :)

Also, I listened to that show 10,000 times before I got the vinyl. didn't need to hear it again.

Touché brother. But, you can still spin that shit every now and then..... just to make the rest of us feel like the few who have it, are enjoying it!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    for put it next to pj40 vinyl in 20 years from now
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    juancor70 wrote:
    pjtaper wrote:

Touché brother. But, you can still spin that shit every now and then..... just to make the rest of us feel like the few who have it, are enjoying it!
    I'm enjoying it... I had it on my wall for years, enjoyed LOOKING at it all that time as well... I'm not ready to turn off PJ covering REM's "It Happened Today" just yet... Honestly, I'll never open my Benny. sorry, not going to happen.
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    I bought it because It was a good price. If my order had of gotten cancelled, I would not have gone after it on the secondary market..Got an email saying it should be deliverd today. Guess I got lucky.

It's definitely one PJ record I could live without if I didn't have it though.

A certain little Canadian site was most helpful to me in getting it.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

I did want it and I listened to it over the weekend. Will probably listen to it again this week :D
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    pjtaper wrote:
    Honestly, I'll never open my Benny. sorry, not going to happen.

:o:o:o This makes me cry! Not really....but what I (and many others) would give to listen to that show on vinyl....
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    I'm an art collector too!
    What do you want for that not opened (yet) Benny??? ;)

What kind of fox?
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Things I would accept for my Benaroya vinyl. Original EMEK 1996 Charlotte Pearl Jam poster ARTWORK. not the poster, the OG artwork... A marble parchment Chuck Sperry Milwaukee AND Myrtle Beach Widespread Panic poster(2 posters, both variants, on marble parchment). Olly Moss MINT Star Wars set. That's really about it, for now.

Each of those requests are STUDIP, a waste of my time for typing, I was just trying to say, my Benaroya Vinyl isn't going anywhere... sorry. I guess I'd sell it for $10k... then, I'd IMMEDIATELY buy another. :lol: