Time to promote Peace and Love...

2»

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Even though the POWER TO THE PEACEFUL FESTIVAL 2011 didn't happen for the first time in 12 years it will be back in 2012 bigger and stronger than ever.

The festival is free and brought to you by musician MIchael Franti in San Francisco as an event to promote peace and love on 9/11 before our tragedy on September 11, 2001

http://powertothepeaceful.org/

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    brianlux wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    ... and help others.

I recently lost my temper over an issue on AMT. Anger is a normal human emotion and it can be used to make a constructive difference but right now it makes more sense to me to be positively focused, so in the spirit of the holiday season (and by that I mean the season in which many of us reflect on peace and love) I'm avoiding political discussion here on the PJ Forum (thank you S. for the suggestion!) and banning myself from AMT through the end of the year. I'll post only positive thoughts on the forum outside AMT.

This is an important time of year to help others in need. Maybe you'll see someone on the street asking for money. Give something, give anything- dollars, coins, food, toothpaste- anything. Don't worry about being scammed. Your gift will bring you joy regardless and you'll very likely be helping someone who really needs it.

Peace everyone. Peace and Love.

A- HA! I found you! :wave: :lol::lol:

I kid, I did not drive Brian off the MT (or at least I hope not).

Lovely sentiment Brian, and even though I defend my anti-Christmas rant, I do promote peace, kindness and helping others year round. :)
    Jeanwah- you crack me up! Drive me off AMT? No way! :D You're one of the shining lights in that strange multifaceted place known as A Moving Train. Good to hear from you! :D

AMT is a great place to learn about and discuss important current events, political and environmental issues. I spend a lot of time reading and trying to keep up on all that stuff but it can get overwhelming. When a particular comment from another poster regarding the homeless sent me postal I knew I needed a break. It's just words on a screen and I shouldn't let any of it get to me... but I'm going to keep to my promise anyway and avoid AMT until the new years and in the mean time do what Kurt Vonnegut said we were put on earth to do which is "to fart around". :lol: The is a good place to do that sort of thing. :D

(p.s. Of course we all know KV had his serious side and wanted us to be active and thinking, but he knew when to break the tension with a good joke a just the right time!)

Aww, thanks Brian. I haven't been posting over there all that much lately, but I did notice your absence and can totally understand the need for a break. Have fun farting around!

Peace, brothers and sisters!
    Happy Solstice!
  • 7RayZ7RayZ Posts: 488
    peace.gif

I'm virtually protesting before I go out and canvass for signatures this morning.

Whoever, didn't listen, was in the way for their own means and caused this gargantuan fucked mess in Wisconsin should be tossed in the abyss. So I can have Peace.