Time to promote Peace and Love...

brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,708
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
... and help others.

I recently lost my temper over an issue on AMT. Anger is a normal human emotion and it can be used to make a constructive difference but right now it makes more sense to me to be positively focused, so in the spirit of the holiday season (and by that I mean the season in which many of us reflect on peace and love) I'm avoiding political discussion here on the PJ Forum (thank you S. for the suggestion!) and banning myself from AMT through the end of the year. I'll post only positive thoughts on the forum outside AMT.

This is an important time of year to help others in need. Maybe you'll see someone on the street asking for money. Give something, give anything- dollars, coins, food, toothpaste- anything. Don't worry about being scammed. Your gift will bring you joy regardless and you'll very likely be helping someone who really needs it.

Peace everyone. Peace and Love.
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    brianlux wrote:
    ... and help others.

I recently lost my temper over an issue on AMT. Anger is a normal human emotion and it can be used to make a constructive difference but right now it makes more sense to me to be positively focused, so in the spirit of the holiday season (and by that I mean the season in which many of us reflect on peace and love) I'm avoiding political discussion here on the PJ Forum (thank you S. for the suggestion!) and banning myself from AMT through the end of the year. I'll post only positive thoughts on the forum outside AMT.

This is an important time of year to help others in need. Maybe you'll see someone on the street asking for money. Give something, give anything- dollars, coins, food, toothpaste- anything. Don't worry about being scammed. Your gift will bring you joy regardless and you'll very likely be helping someone who really needs it.

:thumbup:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    My motto in life is Peace and Love. :)
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,708
    Newch91 wrote:
    Great motto! Here's one for you... crank it up!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DGYWDAGlQ8
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Great motto! Here's one for you... crank it up!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DGYWDAGlQ8
    Love it! Is that from the San Francisco show?

Couple of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkZC7sqImaM

Simple but beautiful:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s9dxrkzbsI
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    PKTrekGirl wrote:
    :thumbup: Can't believe I forgot that one. Another one of my favorites.
    Newch91 wrote:
    PKTrekGirl wrote:
    :thumbup: Can't believe I forgot that one. Another one of my favorites.
    All great choices! Thanks for adding to the good vibe!

Peace and Love.

peace-and-love.jpg
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    brianlux wrote:
    ... and help others.

I understand that dilemma Brian I've been there but you know like in this next song its NEVER TOO LATE to share a call with an old friend. Man, I need to do just the same.

Check out Michael Franti's song Never Too Late....
    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri= ... 7FvIWwstm0

Peace and ONELOVE and always STAY HUMAN
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:

Check out Michael Franti's song Never Too Late....
    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri= ... 7FvIWwstm0

Peace and ONELOVE and always STAY HUMAN
    Great song, thanks g under p. I'm still avoiding AMT for a while- just need a break from that fray.

Peace.

• 7RayZ7RayZ Posts: 488
    Well? That is the thing everyone's push is in this dire deal about everything they are up against in this life. Its not a matter of not caring its a matter recognizing obstacles of pushing through or removing them to promote a collective consciousness of Love Peace and ultimately Bliss. It is the greatest power.

Similarly, is the same feeling of unity, giving selflessly, peace, warmth, health and abundance the of "Holiday Spirit".

As were fight being trapped on life's negative hamster wheel that someone else created for us it destroys this peacefulness of mind and spirit.

Anyway.

Peace.
    Smile.
    Share the Joy in your Life.
    Love who and what you can.
    Ease the burdens of those around you.
    Inspire and empower people with this simple knowledge.
    peace_smiley_mousepad-p144877141843243268trak_400.jpg
    bump...
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Newch91 wrote:

Costanza.I thought your motto was "Its only a lie if you dont believe what your saying"
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    Wma31394 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Costanza.I thought your motto was "Its only a lie if you dont believe what your saying"
    :lol::lol: That's my B motto.
    bump
    7RayZ wrote:
    bump
    Cool- thanks 7RayZ of light! :mrgreen:

• CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I made this post a while back..
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=173554
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Did I just answer all those questions...? haha
    Honestly, Im just ecstatic I finally found and helping people from all walks of life from around the world who like to think this is possible like me. :)
    Peace and Love movement co-opted by political worries and movements, Im ready to start batting these f'ers down... arrrghh... :lol:
  • What a lovely thread! Sharing with those who need help is a good mentality to have all year round :)

(and that's why I don't post on the AMT as I know I'd blow a gasket lol)
    What a lovely thread! Sharing with those who need help is a good mentality to have all year round :)

LMFAO! When your soul is up against the wall of bullshit its hard not to blow a head gasket on the jerk offs of the world.

ITs why i dont watch the news anymore. Im ready to put my foot through the TV. I can only spew, "G*d damn C*cksuckers!" Like an umpire, you have to call them like you see them. Like a Rage of Truth.

Best to join forces with those who think like you. ;)
    brianlux wrote:
    7RayZ wrote:
    bump
    Cool- thanks 7RayZ of light! :mrgreen:
    No problem Mr. Lux! :lol: I read your posts you are quite awesome thinker.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Power to the Peaceful.
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 wrote:
    Power to the Peaceful.
    Right on!
    What a lovely thread! Sharing with those who need help is a good mentality to have all year round :)

That's why I'm giving myself a time-out from AMT. I blew a gasket! :lol: There have been some excellent discussions on AMT and some very thoughtful folks who post there but also trolls and baiting abound. Too bad because many really important issues are discussed there but when someone says something just to try to piss someone off or needlessly provoke or just say something to be mean and nasty- forget it. Who needs that. I'm staying away at least until 2012.

Peace and love!

• JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    brianlux wrote:
    ... and help others.

A- HA! I found you! :wave: :lol::lol:

I kid, I did not drive Brian off the MT (or at least I hope not).

Lovely sentiment Brian, and even though I defend my anti-Christmas rant, I do promote peace, kindness and helping others year round. :)
    Jeanwah wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    ... and help others.

A- HA! I found you! :wave: :lol::lol:

I kid, I did not drive Brian off the MT (or at least I hope not).

Lovely sentiment Brian, and even though I defend my anti-Christmas rant, I do promote peace, kindness and helping others year round. :)
    Jeanwah- you crack me up! Drive me off AMT? No way! :D You're one of the shining lights in that strange multifaceted place known as A Moving Train. Good to hear from you! :D

AMT is a great place to learn about and discuss important current events, political and environmental issues. I spend a lot of time reading and trying to keep up on all that stuff but it can get overwhelming. When a particular comment from another poster regarding the homeless sent me postal I knew I needed a break. It's just words on a screen and I shouldn't let any of it get to me... but I'm going to keep to my promise anyway and avoid AMT until the new years and in the mean time do what Kurt Vonnegut said we were put on earth to do which is "to fart around". :lol: The is a good place to do that sort of thing. :D

(p.s. Of course we all know KV had his serious side and wanted us to be active and thinking, but he knew when to break the tension with a good joke a just the right time!)

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    bump
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    What's interesting about *Peace* is that it's promoted as static . . . or at least because it is a word on a page, there seems to be parameters about it. I wonder if we would all have different ideas of what peace means, and have different examples either on a global or personal scale.

Rock on, Tiny Tim!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird