Options

ISO: Some frackin' sanity!!!!!

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
edited December 2011 in Lost Dogs
$300 posters, $8k vinyl, trade bait, buyerssellersbuyers, help I'm in nursing school, I'm broke, need $$ for plastic surgery, beer for vinyl, vinyl for beer, million $ backpacks & blu-rays ISOISOISOISO!!

Holy god people! You, me, this forum needs a bloody vacation.
www.cluthelee.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    :lol::lol::lol:
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    $300 posters, $8k vinyl, trade bait, buyerssellersbuyers, help I'm in nursing school, I'm broke, need $$ for plastic surgery, beer for vinyl, vinyl for beer, million $ backpacks & blu-rays ISOISOISOISO!!

i'll trade you a used Vitalogy cd for a vacation! :D:D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I am seriously overwhelmed here. I feel infected or something.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    I am seriously overwhelmed here. I feel infected or something.
    I concur. It's been non-stop since Alpine...
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Indeed it has Chief..
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    I agree that things have gotten crazy around here lately but the Lost Dogs isn't all bad. There are still a lot of good, fair trades happening, people are sharing their extra stuff with each other, Suziemay started a thread to help out JMO, etc.

I just think prices are going up so much because of the "limited" nature of a lot of the Pj20 posters and merch. Hopefully the band and 10C are adjusting the amount of future items being produced to better meet demand.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Your Benny Hall for my sanity :D

Although that may not be available right now :?
  • Options
    I agree Cubs. Its not all bad. I have a love/hate relationship with this particular forum. The good does outshine - but man has it got crazy here the last few months.

Suzie, there are days I would feel better being rid of material things. When I follow through, the Benny is yours : )
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I agree Cubs. Its not all bad. I have a love/hate relationship with this particular forum. The good does outshine - but man has it got crazy here the last few months.

Suzie, there are days I would feel better being rid of material things. When I follow through, the Benny is yours : )
    OOoooooh drool1.gif

I all seriousness, I'm with you on being rid of material things. For a long time, I was trying to get rid of my attachment to material things. I made myself get rid of a crap load of things a few years ago simply because there was no room for them. And it was so liberating. And I have a few friends who are very minimalist with not much stuff, and their apartment feels amazing!

But damn Pearl Jam... I started "collecting" stuff again. Sigh.
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636
    Oh, it's a mystery to me
    We have a greed with which we have agreed
    And you think you have to want more than you need
    Until you have it all you won't be free

Society, you're a crazy breed
    Hope you're not lonely without me...

When you want more than you have
    You think you need...
    And when you think more than you want
    Your thoughts begin to bleed
    I think I need to find a bigger place
    Because when you have more than you think
    You need more space

Society, crazy indeed

There's those thinking, more-or-less, less is more
    But if less is more, how you keeping score?
    Means for every point you make, your level drops
    Kinda like you're starting from the top
    You can't do that...

Society, crazy indeed

Society, have mercy on me
    Hope you're not angry if I disagree...
    Society, crazy indeed
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628

I'll trade you some frackin' sanity for one of my missing Christmas singles. :mrgreen:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    sanity is far more valuable than any vinyl/poster/etc....
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I like to collect things.

If anyone feels the need to rid themselves of their material items, I'd like to help you by taking your Binaural and Lost Dogs vinyl.

No need to thank me. :geek:
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Lost dogs WAS cool at the start. I come here for the humor now.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    I have a black white backspacer for trade....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

the super limited black/white????

PM SENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Lol jackass.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    This is the best post I've read in a long time... This place is nuts ... I still don't get the backpack and the beer ... It's a backpack ... It's beer?!? Posters to shows you attended ... Cool.... Vinyl.... Cool .. But I'll never get some of the stuff bein traded.... Andfor my sanity I hope I don't :) the day I trade vinyl for beer I'm going to move to Alaska and live in an old school
    bus in the woods :) that just my opinion each to there own .... But I'll trade my grandmother for the black white backspacer.. And I'll throw in a can or two of bud lite:)
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525

Started off good. But in the last 6 months it's turned into Ebay. I find it quite sad that people are buying new items just to use as trade-bait.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:

Started off good. But in the last 6 months it's turned into Ebay. I find it quite sad that people are buying new items just to use as trade-bait.

+1

I see alot of odd trades and I am guilty because I traded a used Riot Act LP for a bunch of beer on here. The trade went great btw. Let me clarify, the only reason I traded it is because my cousin brought me a sealed one he found at a local record store :D The beer is not bad, I drank all of them and kept 1 sealed on a shelf. I have seen quite a few positive threads in here however. The PJcubs holy grail one comes to mind. I haven't given up on our little community yet.
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color straight to the mind and heart of all people." - Ben Harper
  • Options
    SwBkRn44SwBkRn44 Posts: 232
    MattCam420 wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

+1

I see alot of odd trades and I am guilty because I traded a used Riot Act LP for a bunch of beer on here. The trade went great btw. Let me clarify, the only reason I traded it is because my cousin brought me a sealed one he found at a local record store :D The beer is not bad, I drank all of them and kept 1 sealed on a shelf. I have seen quite a few positive threads in here however. The PJcubs holy grail one comes to mind. I haven't given up on our little community yet.

x2 I think the latest craziness is because anything labelled "PJ20" is by its very nature going to be limited. Some of the first items posted in the past few months, white Backspacer, backpack, etc., fetched so much on eBay everyone said, "I want me a piece of that action". So things have got progressively worse to the point where we are seeing things on sale here before the person has even received their item.

But, like you said, there are good people. A poster from Australia made a very fair trade with me to help my trade for a Christmas present for my Dad. Unfortunately for him, when he posted his "FT" thread, people immediately attacked him and for no good reason. And he ended up being a great guy.

Another guy jumped all over me yesterday because I was annoyed the billboard poster presale never mentioned it was PayPal only. I was simply annoyed, nothing more, nothing less. And he felt the need to attack me.

Imagine we were all sitting around, having beers with the band. How would you speak to each other then? Would you be embarassed to be acting like this in front of them?
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,096
    mfc2006 wrote:
    81 wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

the super limited black/white????

PM SENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah yes, the ultra rare Backgraycer.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    MattCam420 wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

+1

I'm glad you clarified on the trade :lol::lol::lol: I was about to breakdown when I first read you parted with a Riot Act vinyl for beer!!!

Oh yeah, there is some good things in this forum but since Alpine its been chaos on here. I hope it calms down abit soon
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Well said. All the PJ20 items are soon to be over, I hope at least.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I need a vaccine for my PJ Green Disease :oops: . Loved this post, hopefully we can all take a step back and take a deep breath and keep in mind the true reason for the holidays. Everyone get off this board and spend time with your family.
    Peace.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    bump for sanity.

it's just stuff, everyone. relax. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    I know what you guys mean....people are going crazy over items like DVD's and vinyl. I mean sure, I would like alot of stuff, one being to complete my Xmas singles but there is no way I can do that now, I'm broke. :lol: People just need to cool it and think about what's the most important thing....THE MUSIC!!!! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    exactly, Rico. the music will endure....the rest is just stuff. if my house burned to the ground & i lost all my vinyl & the few posters that i have...sure, i'd be bummed. but it's just stuff. as long as we're safe, that's all that matters. the rest of it can just burn.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    mfc2006 wrote:
    exactly, Rico. the music will endure....the rest is just stuff. if my house burned to the ground & i lost all my vinyl & the few posters that i have...sure, i'd be bummed. but it's just stuff. as long as we're safe, that's all that matters. the rest of it can just burn.

:thumbup:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    I have finally got my Adelaide 1998 poster so I won't be ISO anything for a loooooooooooong time! :D Hoooray! That was important to me because it was my first concert and a lovely person let me buy it from them for a very decent price. :)
    I have never sold anything on here but I know there is ALOT of craziness that goes on and people forget that it's about the music and the concerts!
    I think as long people don't go overboard asking for ridiculous prices for things, it's okay. Some folks genuinely need the money sometimes too. :)
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS CHRIS!!! :wave:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014