The Company Christmas Party

2»

Comments

• oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    The company I work for now does their "Holiday Party" in January because it's cheaper. That ought to tell you all you need to know :lol:

I haven't actually been to one (with this company, anyway). I was considering going last year, but wouldn't you know it, the Weezer show I had tickets to fell on the very same night.

From what I've heard, I haven't missed much. The food is bad, some people get shitfaced and make fools of themselves (but in a pathetic way, rather than a fun way), I'm sure the music is god awful....
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    sooooo...how was the party. :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Company Christmas parties are always interesting. It's interesting to see people you see every day of the week all fucked up. I'm sure they say the same about me. :lol:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Enjoyed many long before I had to create my own for our company.
    I say having the party thrown for you is much more fun
    than the planning and paying it.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I think my company actually does this right.

They have a fancy breakfast at a nice country club on a Saturday in December.

For employees with kids, they let the employee tell them a $25 gift that the kid would like.

They have Santa at the breakfast and kids are allowed and Santa gives the kid their gift.

Other than a Saturday morning, it takes out a lot of the things that people hate about office Christmas parties. There's no drinking and it makes it fun to see the kids with Santa and their gifts.

The other big holiday initiative we do here is a food drive contest to raise food for local children's charities. We're divided into teams and the team that brings the most food items (there is a point system) wins. The woman running the backpack program at a local lower-income school actually cried when we delivered all those food items.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    know1 wrote:
    I think my company actually does this right.

They have a fancy breakfast at a nice country club on a Saturday in December.

For employees with kids, they let the employee tell them a $25 gift that the kid would like.

They have Santa at the breakfast and kids are allowed and Santa gives the kid their gift.

Other than a Saturday morning, it takes out a lot of the things that people hate about office Christmas parties. There's no drinking and it makes it fun to see the kids with Santa and their gifts.

that sounds aweful....no booze, on sat morning with kids....yeah....i'd be skipping that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • My company doesn't do anything for Christmas. My manager usually takes our team out to lunch, but she pays for it out of her own pocket. It's fine with me....I'm not crazy about most of my co-workers so I don't need to be spending any extra time with them.