Options

NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART .....enjoy

Comments

• Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,084
    Great idea...if you had made color copies of the posters. That way if you move, then you can replicate the posters again if you so chose for wallpaper at your new place. Either way it looks pretty badass, but I just couldn't have done what you just did. Pretty ballsy.
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:
    as for the plywood ........
    IMGP1533-1800.jpg

This is kind of the stone that I want to put now in my house and you cover it with plywood :o

I need that wall :lol::lol::lol:
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    Very nice idea - I like how you hung them. Very artsy.

Well done! Hope you enjoy your creation!
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    joe2468 wrote:
    as for the plywood ........
    IMGP1533-1800.jpg

This is kind of the stone that I want to put now in my house and you cover it with plywood :o

I need that wall :lol::lol::lol:

no no ... im placing the stone over the plywood ..... the company that makes the product is called NORSTONE they are based out of florida .. i have seen this product used in the houses i build out on the east end of long island .. its amazing in person ..and not to expensive either
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    bosshogg18 wrote:
    Great idea...if you had made color copies of the posters. That way if you move, then you can replicate the posters again if you so chose for wallpaper at your new place. Either way it looks pretty badass, but I just couldn't have done what you just did. Pretty ballsy.

im not moving anytime soon ... this was my grandmothers house.. i also grew up in it and now its mine .. so it has some family history in it ...
  • Options
    redkeethredkeeth Posts: 123
    No Creed? :lol:
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003
    * Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 18, 2006
    * Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,990
    awesome idea and looks amazing.

I think the artists you are showcasing would be proud.

I agree with the poster ripped three times-badass
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    This looks AMAZING! You will most definitely need to post pictures when it's done! Can't wait to see...
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    teh hard core collectors just shit a brick
    Word!
    All I could think when I saw the 1st after pic was,
    "But... they're folded into corners-
    AUGH!"
    Whatever floats your boat, I guess.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Looks great!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s240 ... 0624-1.jpg

i was going to use stone till i got the quote ($1200) .... instead im using scraps of wood to get the same look .. once on they will be sanded /primed and painted with a high glossy white finish

took me 4 hours to cut all the pieces and another 4 hours to get this far ..... I HAVE ANOTHER SIDE I NEED TO DO :o:o:o 10 hours each side :o:o
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    JaneNY wrote:
    I like this - you are using them for their intended purpose - hanging and viewing as art, instead of just considering them money in poster form.

+1

I think it looks cool, and as long as your happy with it and will enjoy the space, that's worth more than any dollar amount anybody else wants to put on it. If people get enjoyment out of purchasing and framing posters, that's fine too, but I give you props for putting up the photos and giving some of the collecting elite the opportunity to criticize you. I can't make up my mind if I find it more sad or funny, but you seem to be having fun with them. I'd probably be telling them if they don't like it, they can mind their own F--king business... :)
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    I like this - you are using them for their intended purpose - hanging and viewing as art, instead of just considering them money in poster form.

+1

I think it looks cool, and as long as your happy with it and will enjoy the space, that's worth more than any dollar amount anybody else wants to put on it. If people get enjoyment out of purchasing and framing posters, that's fine too, but I give you props for putting up the photos and giving some of the collecting elite the opportunity to criticize you. I can't make up my mind if I find it more sad or funny, but you seem to be having fun with them. I'd probably be telling them if they don't like it, they can mind their own F--king business... :)

but i cant stress enough that NONE OF THE POSTERS im using are in "perfect shape" ... all the high value prints have some sort of issue/defect ... trust me i would have never don this with high priced prints ..
  • Options
    I block mount all my PJ prints. I guess to some that is "ruining" them, but I hang them as if they are pieces of art. I don't plan on just letting them sit in a room, "stored flat in a cool dry place" so I can sell them later.

Nice work man, looks great.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    looks awesome 8-)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    I block mount all my PJ prints. I guess to some that is "ruining" them, but I hang them as if they are pieces of art. I don't plan on just letting them sit in a room, "stored flat in a cool dry place" so I can sell them later.

Nice work man, looks great.
    post some pictures
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    bad ass!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    MASMAS Posts: 628
    Im strangely both confused and aroused at the same time....
  • Options
    PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    Love the idea. Isn't there still a lot to be done in there though? I'd have left mounting the posters till the end.
    No paint behind either?
  • Options
    Plankton wrote:
    Love the idea. Isn't there still a lot to be done in there though? I'd have left mounting the posters till the end.
    No paint behind either?

its hard to explain why i did the posters first ... i didnt feel like cutting the posters around the custom wood work i did . so i placed the posters on the walls first ..folded them around the corners so the wood would butt up against the posters .. i then placed a thin sheet of coil stock between the wood and the posters so when i paint the wood it wont get on the posters .. (last picture i posted) i have been brain storming the project for years now .. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

today im going to finish the trim work . hang all the skateboards i have (10-12) ..frame and hang the 100+ handbills i own in 200 year old window sashes i got from a mansion in the Hamptons .. its really coming together
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Wow, that's amazing Joe! I have to admit, I cringed looking at the posters glued to the wall, but to your point, they all had some flaws plus it sounds like you have the artists' blessing.

I wouldn't be able to do this..I'd stick one and totally convince myself I placed it all wrong and I'd be beating myself up over it :lol::lol:

Be sure to post the finished room!!
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    i remember when you first were chewing on this idea joe... maybe around the time of the metal cloak and veil??

anyway... it looks great... nice work!!

you've got me considering doing my bar in this method... although I think I'd just do it in Pearl Jam prints... this could get pricey ;)
  • Options
    YOU GLUED THEM TO THE WALL :o :shock:
    I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room.
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    this is really dumb
  • Options
    78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    :crazy: :shock:
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    this is really dumb

My name's Forrest, Forrest Gump...... :roll:
  • Options
    what poster is the blue eye from?
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    this is really dumb

cmon sawyer ...."dumb"..really??? .... you have to admit it looks cool .. trust me when its all done its going look very classy and clean ..
  • Options
    what poster is the blue eye from?

its a Justin Hampton print .... http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/59729 "eye of gaia"
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    That looks awsome!

I am assuming that you will be staying in your place for a while. If not, you are going to need to sell it to another PJ fan. When you decide to move, maybe you can list your place on the Lost Dogs forum. :lol: