after....
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s240 ... 030609.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s240 ... 030603.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s240 ... 030607.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s240 ... 030595.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s240 ... 030617.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s240 ... 030604.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s240 ... 030589.jpg
if you look close you will notice the door to my water closet ..
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s240 ... 030614.jpg

after two years i finally got most of the posters on the walls ... i still have a few framed Pearl Jam prints some skateboards and a bunch of other Pearl jam goodies to hang on the walls .. let alone all the custom woodwork i still need to finish ..and

update ...Dec 26th
i was going to use stone on these sections but after getting a quote of $1200 i had to come up with another idea .. si i used scarps of wood that i had tapered from 1" too 1/4" .. took me almost 4 hours to do that and another 4 hours to only get this far ... http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s240 ... 0624-1.jpg
have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I like it. I only shudder to think how much that "wallpaper" must have cost you.
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    regalturbo wrote:
    I like it. I only shudder to think how much that "wallpaper" must have cost you.

the FACE VALUE of what is GLUED to the walls is around $4,000.................................. :o:o but i only paid about $300 for them... most of them have slight imperfections .. but every single one is signed numbered and doodled ... :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,902
    Oh, 2 of the posters I've been searching for of shows I've attended. Hampton QOTSA (My very 1st Queens show) and the EMEK RHCP & System (although it was my least favorite RHCP show because of the fit John threw).

Really neat idea. Would be cool to see the finished product with the other stuff you mentioned putting up.
  • Options
    i guess you wont be moving any time soon. . .
    "let me tell you something, if I had this guy's voice you could all kiss my ass"
    5/04/2010 / Scottrade Center
    5/03/2010 / Sprint Center
    7/03/2006 / Pepsi Center
    7/02/2006 / Pepsi Center
    9/15/2005 / Bell Center
    4/01/2003 / Pepsi Center
    6/23/1998 / Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    teh hard core collectors just shit a brick
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 340
    dude that is badass! i'm planning on doing something similar next year when i get my new place, what did you use?
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    lastchild11lastchild11 Posts: 1,284
    looks good.
    Dallas TX 10/17/00
    Oklahoma City 4/3/03
    Dallas TX 6/9/03
    Memphis TN 6/20/09 (Eddie)
    Kansas City MO 4/3/10
    Little Rock AR 8/28/10 (Eddie, WM3 rally)
    St Louis MO 7/1/11 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/18/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/19/12 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/13
    Oklahoma City 11/16/13
    Tulsa OK 10/8/14
    St Louis MO 9/18/22
    Oklahoma City 9/20/22
    Ft Worth TX 9/13/23
    Ft Worth TX 9/15/23

• Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    to each his own as they say, but one day you may regret it. i know someone years ago glued a now greatful dead from okeefe center poster onto a board. he thought it looked cool. today it looks much cooler at 7000.00 not glued.
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    That is really sweet! Hmmmm...may be time to go poster shopping and redecorate.
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I have so many questions :lol:

How did you get all those posters for $300, even with...(or even more curiously with) imperfections?
    why did you do it? The look? A statement of some sort, like a 'fuck you' to the man, or the collector community? ;)
    Are you done? Why do you have pot lights displaying unfinished plywood in the middle of a gyprock wall? :lol:

Looks awesome man, I like it. I had my walls wallpapered with posters and pin ups from rock mags, collage style like that when I was a kid :)
  • Options
    klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    thats fuckin insane. but i like it.
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• Options
    EvieVedderEvieVedder NW Indiana Posts: 461
    Soooo frickin amazing. Can I come over and camp out?
    Feel the sky blanket you with gems and rhinestones...
  • Options
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,986
    That is amazing! Gonna look sweet when you're all finished. Wish we could record people's reactions when they click on the pictures :lol:
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,154
    Borat-VeryNice.jpg
  • Options
    You are crazy, don't tell me that Emek Ween / Flaming Lips 2006 and Tool are real screen prints not some copy fake shit :shock: :shock: :shock:

hey, It looks nice but it makes me cry same time :?
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I like this - you are using them for their intended purpose - hanging and viewing as art, instead of just considering them money in poster form. I guess your house better stay in your family for the next 10 generations to come though.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Looking good
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Holy Cow!

You are insane!

Looks awesome.... :clap: :thumbup:
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,654
    Looks good Joe.... Real good...

but I still shed a few tears when I saw that Emek Tool posters....

Can't wait to see it when it's done.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    to answer a few questions ..

ALL POSTERS ARE 100% REAL AND DIRECTLY FROM THE ARTIST ....... just about every single one is signed/numbered/doodled ...remember people they all have some sort of flaw to them .. little ink smudges ,crease ,register was off etc etc i would have never dones this with perfect prints ..

i ended up using 3M spray adhesive ..
    FRAMING THEM WOULD HAVE COST ME $$$$$$$$$$$$ 1,000's

and you guys gotta see the reactions im getting on facebook .. i posted a picture on Emeks .Hampton and Rogers pages .. been getting swammped with emails ... one guy cursed me out..." i dont respect the artist work"

i kinda looks like crap now .. but once i get all the trim work done and hang the rest of the items i got .. its going to clean it up ... got a few signed posters/guitars/drum heads skateboards and a shit load of handbills that i have also been making frames for ...
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    wow!!

that is awesome, man!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I have so many questions :lol:

How did you get all those posters for $300, even with...(or even more curiously with) imperfections?
    why did you do it? The look? A statement of some sort, like a 'fuck you' to the man, or the collector community? ;)
    Are you done? Why do you have pot lights displaying unfinished plywood in the middle of a gyprock wall? :lol:

Looks awesome man, I like it. I had my walls wallpapered with posters and pin ups from rock mags, collage style like that when I was a kid :)

two years ago i came up with this crazy idea ...i love posters and dont have money to frame them :lol::lol::lol: so i emailed about 10 different artiest ... they all loved the idea and sold me some of their defects ..AT TOTAL RANDOM ... i sent them cash and they sent me a bunch of random prints ... and as for all the Jermaine Rogers prints i got ,he let me come into his studio and grab what ever i wanted ... i think i ended up walking a way with about 100 posters during the span of 5 different visits .. :D

im not done with the posters yet ..still have about 50 left

as for the plywood ........
    IMGP1533-1800.jpg

i also got this from emek ............ but i refuse to glue it to the wall .. trying to get it framed correctly :D
    P1010645.jpg
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    joe2468 wrote:

i also got this from emek ............ but i refuse to glue it to the wall .. trying to get it framed correctly :D
    P1010645.jpg
    Jeebus! Ya man, get that one pro restored somehow!
    Is that stone what you're doing to the wall, or what you took down? Either way, this is going to be a f'n cool room to hang in....Love that the artists got onboard with your plan....and am a little envious, to be honest :)
    I think you were the one aggressively seeking an Edmonton Emek foil in the LD forum, no? Glad I wouldn't even consider parting with mine now! ...tho I'm sure you wouldn't have done that with a mint emek foil....right?
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    joe2468 wrote:
    two years ago i came up with this crazy idea ...i love posters and dont have money to frame them :lol::lol::lol: so i emailed about 10 different artiest ... they all loved the idea and sold me some of their defects ..AT TOTAL RANDOM ... i sent them cash and they sent me a bunch of random prints ... and as for all the Jermaine Rogers prints i got ,he let me come into his studio and grab what ever i wanted ... i think i ended up walking a way with about 100 posters during the span of 5 different visits .. :D

im not done with the posters yet ..still have about 50 left

this is one of the cooler stories that i've ever read on here. nice job.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:

P1010645.jpg
    Jeebus! Ya man, get that one pro restored somehow!
    Is that stone what you're doing to the wall, or what you took down? Either way, this is going to be a f'n cool room to hang in....Love that the artists got onboard with your plan....and am a little envious, to be honest :)
    I think you were the one aggressively seeking an Edmonton Emek foil in the LD forum, no? Glad I wouldn't even consider parting with mine now! ...tho I'm sure you wouldn't have done that with a mint emek foil....right?

i would have never done that with a perfect poster that is worth a few hundos....... the stone is what im putting up ... then im hanging a framed poster on each side ... one is an autographed Pearl Jam poster .. 2010 MSG night one ... and the other is an autographed Alice in Chains print i got from their MSG show last year .a few days after the show i took it to Jermaine and had him sign it also on the image
  • Options
    abhijeetabhijeet Posts: 303
    Very nice, not for me personally, but very nice.
    Seattle 2009-09-21
    Alpine Valley 2011-09-03, 2011-09-04
  • Options
    nice work!!
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,326
    Nice work Joe, it's looking really cool!
    joe2468 wrote:
    P1010645.jpg
    Every time you post a pic of this poster I get jealous! I love the fact that Emek ripped it into 3 (almost even) pieces, I almost think it looks better in 3 pieces :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    goldrush wrote:
    Nice work Joe, it's looking really cool!
    joe2468 wrote:
    P1010645.jpg
    Every time you post a pic of this poster I get jealous! I love the fact that Emek ripped it into 3 (almost even) pieces, I almost think it looks better in 3 pieces :)

I agree. It does look pretty awesome the way it has been torn. Room looks absolutely cool too. Can't wait to see it finished.