I think I'm a germaphobe

faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm finding in the last year or so I'm getting grossed out by humans.
I'm sitting in the pharmacy and they gave me a pager to let me know when the script is ready and I don't even want to touch it.
When shopping, I used to like to push the cart, like a big kid cruising on it like a go kart ;). But now I make the girl push it cause of all the nasty peoples hands on it. I'll push if we have baby wipes in car to wash it down, other than that, she pushes now.
Im not like howie Mandel nuts, just shit where I have to put my hands.
And, I'm also a huge RF. <
Just, not enough.
I need more.
Nothing seems to satisfy.
I said, I dont want it.
I just need it.
To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'm finding in the last year or so I'm getting grossed out by humans.
    I'm sitting in the pharmacy and they gave me a pager to let me know when the script is ready and I don't even want to touch it.
    When shopping, I used to like to push the cart, like a big kid cruising on it like a go kart ;). But now I make the girl push it cause of all the nasty peoples hands on it. I'll push if we have baby wipes in car to wash it down, other than that, she pushes now.
    Can a germaphobe have the word Rat in his title... :think:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I'm also a huge RF. <

129072949076140829.jpg
  • AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    Germs are good for the immune system.
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pussy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    There's Purell units on every floor in my building, including one in my office, everytimes somebody use it i think "Pussy".
  • There's Purell units on every floor in my building, including one in my office, everytimes somebody use it i think "Pussy".
    Or when they don't use it...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Sounds like you might be

all our local markets have wipes near the cart stacks for folks who don't want to touch the cart handles without a wipe down

but as the previous poster mentioned, germs are actually good for you

if you live in a sterile bubble then you'll be susceptible to everything that comes your way

i know that doesn't help

just sayin

or...prozac....does wonders for that type of thing (really it does)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81388846/
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    I am a bit of a germophobe too. There is nothing wrong with trying to prevent a huge round of the stomach flu sweeping through your home. Imo.
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759

Umm....does the girl ever take her hands off the kart and touch you while shopping?
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I'm a seasonal - germaphobe ... :)

During the winter months my kids and I use alot of purell. :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • mikalina wrote:

...and I stay away from grocery store salad bars :sick:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    There's Purell units on every floor in my building, including one in my office, everytimes somebody use it i think "Pussy".
    :lol::lol:
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    mikalina wrote:

...and I stay away from grocery store salad bars :sick:

Thanks for reminding me - :D

btw- Your avatar cracks me up :lol:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Germs are good for you. I rarely wash my hands. I rarely get sick, but I am a neat freak. Everything has to be in order and tidy, but not sterilized.

My gf is the opposite. She sanitizes EVERYTHING and she always gets sick.

Germs do help build your immune system, so it's good to expose yourself to them.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I use a paper towel to open the door in public restrooms-esp the gas station

don't wipe down the shopping cart handle (ok, depends on which store we're at :oops: )

I keep hand sanitizer in my purse...it has come in handy.

Don't think you're being paranoid, though do you hold hands with the woman after she's driven the shopping cart?

For those that think face is being weird, have you seen the Mythbusters episode where Adam uses a UV dye, pretends he has a cold and has dinner with his team, and then shows what the table looks like afterwards? (idea is to show how germs are spread)

Personally, I got really sick when not being as OCD about being clean and washing my hands. Now I hardly ever get sick.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

:oops: i don't get it
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    to the original poster, maybe you are like that because you've seen people picking their noses or not washing their hands upon leaving the rest rm. I wash my hands as soon as I get home after touching the cart. I agree with you. Someone I know gets sick often. I've seen him stick every finger in his mouth and lick it after being in public. Do you think he washes his hands? I think not; I think he uses his own tongue as his napkin :(
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    Gob wrote:
    Germs are good for you. I rarely wash my hands. I rarely get sick, but I am a neat freak. Everything has to be in order and tidy, but not sterilized.

My gf is the opposite. She sanitizes EVERYTHING and she always gets sick.

Germs do help build your immune system, so it's good to expose yourself to them.

my image of you is now squashed. that's gross that you rarely wash your hands, sorry! maybe that's why your g/f is sanitizing everything.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • 81 wrote:
    pussy
    Haha.

Die
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • jshin wrote:

Umm....does the girl ever take her hands off the kart and touch you while shopping?
    That would require me wanting to hold hands with her. So no. ;)
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    I use a paper towel to open the door in public restrooms-esp the gas station

don't wipe down the shopping cart handle (ok, depends on which store we're at :oops: )

I keep hand sanitizer in my purse...it has come in handy.

Don't think you're being paranoid, though do you hold hands with the woman after she's driven the shopping cart?

For those that think face is being weird, have you seen the Mythbusters episode where Adam uses a UV dye, pretends he has a cold and has dinner with his team, and then shows what the table looks like afterwards? (idea is to show how germs are spread)

Personally, I got really sick when not being as OCD about being clean and washing my hands. Now I hardly ever get sick.
    I do the washroom thing too. And I make sure my boys are hovering above the toilet so they're tools don't go near it.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Do you use the paper protector when you take a dump in a public restroom?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:

yes

and if they don't have any...i use a layer of TP

after washing up, and exiting, i always wipe the hand that i use to open the door on my pants...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    dcfaithful wrote:

when you're camping in the woods, have to poop, and there are no honey buckets/campsite restrooms etc available, what do you sit on when you dig a hole?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

when you're camping in the woods, have to poop, and there are no honey buckets/campsite restrooms etc available, what do you sit on when you dig a hole?

i think using two logs in the woods would be cleaner than some public restrooms i've been in
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    iluvcats wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

i think using two logs in the woods would be cleaner than some public restrooms i've been in

Without a doubt I'd rather put my ass on two logs. But, the scenario given by RKCNDY, without giving too much info, I personally don't think I'd need somewhere to sit to poop in a hole I dug. I mean, of course a seat is nice... but not a necessity.

81, I use the TP method too... and I always use the paper towel I dried my hands with to open the door. I've entered some public restrooms in my life that were unbelievably disgusting. For instance, the men's restroom at The Urban Lounge in SLC. Fucking nasty.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Gob wrote:
    Germs are good for you...

they certainly are.. after 25 years of being exposed to school cooties im immune to pretty much everything. and with the toddlermonster starting school in february my immunity will be extended for another 13 years at least. yeah for germs and snotnose kids!!!! :clap:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I'm definitely a germaphobe. Either I have my DH open doors in public places, or I put my sleeve over my hand, before grabbing the door handle.
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    I'm definitely a germaphobe. Either I have my DH open doors in public places, or I put my sleeve over my hand, before grabbing the door handle.

Do you ever grab the door handle way up high, or way down low, where you know most people aren't touching it? I blame microbiology in nursing school for this habit! :roll:

o
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."