Crowd Participation – What Should I Do, When Should I do It?

edwhoedwho Posts: 811
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
~
Study up on all the lyrics to Better Man, Black, Daughter, Dissident and Elderly Women.

Alive: at the end of the song Ed sings “yeah I, ooh, I'm still alive” raise one arm, clinch your fist, thrust it forward to the beat and yell “yeah” with each thrust.

Animal: sing the 1st verse with Ed “one, two, three, four, five against one five, five, against one, said one, two, three, four, five against one, five, five...five, five...five against one” all the while counting it out on one hand. You tap your thumb to each finger for the “one, two, three and four.” At “five” open and close a fist flashing all five fingers quickly.

Black: Ed finishes the lyrics, Mike rips into the solo and as the solo quiets down start singing “doo da doo doo da da doo” and continue until Mike stops…don’t let him stop!

Breath: the 3rd verse starts with Ed singing “all these reaching hands out grabbing things.” reach a hand out towards the band...and get some.

Comatose: Ed sings “to be in love, leave the hatred, on the cross” (new one - we should - do what? mimic a cross? are you singing along to this in concert?)

Do The Evolution: Ed sings “I sing in the choir” raise your arms with fingers extended and sing the “hallelujah, hallelujah” chorus.

Elderly Women: Ed sings “I just want to scream…HELLO” we scream “HELLO” with him.

Even Flow: at the end of the 4th verse Ed sings “Him away, him away” we follow with a strong “YEAH” followed by a “WOO” followed by “AH YEAH.”

Given To Fly: Ed sings “arms wide open with the sea as his floor” raise your arms high and wide!

Go: Ed sings "suppose i abused you, just passing it on, Go...FUCK" raise both middle fingers and sing “FUCK” with Ed.

In My Tree: Ed sings “Wave to all my friends, yeah” wave to the band.

Jeremy: Ed sings “lemon yellow sun” raise your arms to form a sun.

Jeremy: Ed sings “arms raised in a V” raise both arms in a V.

Jeremy: be ready to sing the chorus “Jeremy spoke in class today.” this requires heart & soul.

Jeremy: Ed sings “oooOOOOOOOH, OOOOH, OOOh, OOOOO-OOOOOO-OOO” sing this with Ed.

Jeremy: Ed sings “Try to forget this” we sing “try to forget this” back.

Jeremy: Ed sings “Try to erase this” we sing “try to erase this” back.

Jeremy: Eddie sings the last “Jeremy spoke in class today” he’ll than start singing the “oooOOOOOOOH, OOOOH, OOOh, OOOOO-OOOOOO-OOO”, sing it with Ed and then it’s all us, after all that stuff above, once you get to this part - if you do it right - you’ll stand the hair up on everybody’s neck in that joint.

Marker In The Sand: huge sing-along, start with the chorus (new one - what’s the chorus?).

Not For You: Ed sings "oh, never was for you...FUCK YOU" raise both middle fingers and scream “FUCK YOU” with Ed.

Save You: the third verse is a lot of fun “and FUCK ME if I say something you don't wanna hear, and FUCK if you only hear what you wanna hear, FUCK ME if I care,... but I'm not leaving."

Save You: after these lyrics “my best... friend, wake up, to see you could have it all” the band starts a little jam and the beat inspires quick, fast hand claps.

Save You: there's another verse at the end of the song that Ed needs a lot of help with “And FUCK ME if I say something you don't wanna hear, and FUCK ME if you only hear the treble in your head. ”

Save You: Ed sings some pretty intense “Help ME” & “HELP YOURSELF” at the end, see if you can help.

Soon Forget: don’t even think about clapping.

Wishlist: Ed sings “for 50 million hands upraised and open toward the sky” raise both hands.

Why Go: Ed sings "she's been diagnosed, by some STUPID FUCK " raise both middle fingers and scream “STUPID FUCK ” with Ed.

Who Go: sing the chorus “Why go home?” as loud as you can.

And remember after an outstanding organ part its “BOOOOOOOOOM” not boo…tell your friends…and Robert Plant.

What am I missing? What don’t you agree with? What would you change? Are you barfing yet?

Thanks for your help, edwho

"Singing to an ocean, I can hear the ocean's roar, Play for free, play for me and play a whole lot more"
The Ocean (Bonham/Jones/Page/Plant)
~

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ScotInAmsterdamScotInAmsterdam Posts: 1,004
    wear a kilt and flash your willy at ed....

we've set the bench mark that has to be beat!
  • newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    edwho wrote:
    I know during Jeremy when Ed sings “arms raised in a V “I should raise both my arms in a V. Got that one.

I know I need to study up on the lyrics to Daughter and Better Man so I won’t be the only one not singing.

What else am I missing?

Thanks for your help, edwho

-sing in the choir
    -doo da doo doo da da doo
    -why go home, why gome home
    -HELLLO!!!!!!!
    -etc.....pretty much be ready for anything......no need to practise...it will come naturally .....;)
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • pjdeadheadpjdeadhead Posts: 71
    Don't forget to raise your hands when it's your turn to "sing in the choir" Hallelujah!
    3/28/92 3/10/94 3/14/94 7/8/95 7/9/95
    7/11/95 6/26/98 6/27/98 6/29/98 6/30/98
    7/2/98 8/18/00 10/8/00 (coldest show ever!!)
    10/9/00 4/21/03 4/22/03 4/23/03 4/25/03
    6/18/03 6/21/03 6/22/03 5/16/06 5/17/06
    On the horizon....
    6/29/06 6/30/06
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    This is just making me feel fantastic re-living Astoria and looking forward to Dublin and Reading!!!

:D:D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    I've seen Ed doing the cross thing with his arms when he sings Comatose. Does it every time! That's getting a bit too complicated for me though, singing and crossing my arms, pffff ;)
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH

And be ready to catch Mike's picks!
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    Let's do the time-warp again..................
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • nevmilesnevmiles Posts: 1,363
    Let's do the time-warp again..................

Oh GOD! :eek:

I hate you . . . now I have that damned song stuck in my head! (possibly the worst movie ever made btw)

FACK!

:D
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    wear a kilt and flash your willy at ed....

we've set the bench mark that has to be beat!

Classic indeed!

Did you wear underwear?

I’m trying to figure out how to get everyone in the front row in kilts.

Singing to an ocean, I can hear the ocean's roar
    Play for free, play for me and play a whole lot more
    The Ocean (Bonham/Jones/Page/Plant)

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

edwho wrote:
    Did you wear underwear?

Many Astorians can testify to this, and so can Ed: he didn't.

:P
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    edwho wrote:
    Did you wear underwear?

You DON'T EVER wear underwear under kilts.....
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Riot_Rain wrote:
    Many Astorians can testify to this, and so can Ed: he didn't.

:P

Also it wasn't him flasher was on his shoulders ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    nevmiles wrote:

I hate you . . . now I have that damned song stuck in my head! (possibly the worst movie ever made btw)

FACK!

The worse but the best at the same time!!! A classic!
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    nevmiles wrote:

FACK!

hahah sorry, but that is what came to mind when I read the original post.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    Chime wrote:
    Also it wasn't him flasher was on his shoulders ;)

I've read reports that the two of us walked on top of the crowd and did it... this is not true... I am the large one.. he's the small one, so he was on my shoulders...... If anyone is large enough to stand up with me on their shoulders we will gladly do a double flash....

We NEVER wear underwear under a kilt!!

I would heartily support the entire front row wearing kilts!
    I've read reports that the two of us walked on top of the crowd and did it... this is not true... I am the large one.. he's the small one, so he was on my shoulders...... If anyone is large enough to stand up with me on their shoulders we will gladly do a double flash....

We NEVER wear underwear under a kilt!!

I would heartily support the entire front row wearing kilts!

I thought I had it right ;) Think Fraser and Stian were the first people I spoke to when I arrived at The George.

Well its one way to make it into the papers :D Couple of broadsheets I've seen it mentioned in.

Now we just need the boot so we can HEAR Ed's reaction again :D
    i agree.... Ed talking about your mate's cock while it rests on your forehead is a bit of a unique experience
    i agree.... Ed talking about your mate's cock while it rests on your forehead is a bit of a unique experience

Unique is definately the word ...

EDIT: Do you think all this talk has scared the original poster off :o

I'm sure it's OK and only us Europeans behave like this. You'll be safe honest .......
    I would gladly lift any flashers up, if only I were strong enough. For now, all I can do is pinch you so you jump up high enough for them to see.

Are you sure Fraser doesn't mind you saying he's the SMALL one? Although I guess if he was confident enough to show Ed, he won't mind... (Misunderstanding you on purpose there)

:)
    He contemplated gettign a T-Shirt made saying "ed saw my cock and says its somethign to write home about!"
    Even that could be a bad thing though. "You know what I saw today? The smallest willy ever!" or something along those lines...

Anyhew, back to topic: crowd participation. Er, yes. I'd gladly drink some wine every time Ed does, does that count?
    Riot_Rain wrote:
    I've seen Ed doing the cross thing with his arms when he sings Comatose. Does it every time! That's getting a bit too complicated for me though, singing and crossing my arms, pffff ;)

at what point?

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

edwho wrote:
    at what point?

Leave the hatred... On the cross...
    Chime wrote:
    EDIT: Do you think all this talk has scared the original poster off :o

We're busy boys.... Fraser is finishing his Masters degree so is staying away from Internet connections for a few days... He cancelled coming to Amsterdam to see mudhoney tomorrow, so he must be busy....

In order to remain the extroverts and international men of mystery that we are... sometimes we disappear for a few days... this is one of those times... I'll do the same all summer as I float about various citites in Europe for work, love, happiness, travel, fun and adventures... Some of them are involve Pearl jam, some don't but you can be sure that if you coem accross either of us on the way... you;re welcome to join...
    edwho wrote:
    at what point?

Good to see you back. Thought we'd scared you off for a minute ;)
    My tread is hijacked by a bunch of flashers! :)

That’s ok you guys are pretty funny. :D

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

We're busy boys.... Fraser is finishing his Masters degree so is staying away from Internet connections for a few days... He cancelled coming to Amsterdam to see mudhoney tomorrow, so he must be busy....

In order to remain the extroverts and international men of mystery that we are... sometimes we disappear for a few days... this is one of those times... I'll do the same all summer as I float about various citites in Europe for work, love, happiness, travel, fun and adventures... Some of them are involve Pearl jam, some don't but you can be sure that if you coem accross either of us on the way... you;re welcome to join...

I'm sure when the UK dates get announced .........
    Just trying to keep the happy vibes and enthusiasm going....

Me and fraser have a few party tricks one of them is that we sing Elderly woman when we in the middle of no where and sturrgling with the elements... Up mountains... while we're freezing our bollocks off on a hill in prague etc...

We starts to scream "AHOJ" instead of hello, cos it means hello in Czech... I'd be up for tryint o get people to sing whatever the local word is for hello this summer...

Incidentally.. we tried to do an acoustic version of "It's okay" by dead moon in Czech before ed did it in Spanish - he can;t do anything original that man.
    Just trying to keep the happy vibes and enthusiasm going....

Me and fraser have a few party tricks one of them is that we sing Elderly woman when we in the middle of no where and sturrgling with the elements... Up mountains... while we're freezing our bollocks off on a hill in prague etc...

We starts to scream "AHOJ" instead of hello, cos it means hello in Czech... I'd be up for tryint o get people to sing whatever the local word is for hello this summer...

Incidentally.. we tried to do an acoustic version of "It's okay" by dead moon in Czech before ed did it in Spanish - he can;t do anything original that man.

Elderly woman seems to be my internal jukebox song. Will be sat at my desk and find I'm bopping (can you bop to Elderly woman :confused: ) along to it (see sig.)

Still hoping for a Glasgow date .... "Mum am coming home for a couple of days ... don't expect to see much of me ..."
  • trandgtrandg Posts: 65
    If you are serious about crowd participation, raise some middle fingers for every time Ed sings "fuck" or something of the sort (i.e. in Jeremy).

Also, its imperative that you block your face for McCready-Crotch-Lasers

That is all.