I Now Own A NFL Team

2»

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Jason P wrote:
    One of the post pathetic things in pro sports for many years now is Packers fans who think they partially own the team. You don't partially own the team. You totally own a piece of paper that you paid $250 for. That's what you own.
    And I used 250 smaller pieces of paper that are monetarily supported by a gold reserve that may or may not actually exist to purchase it.

No you didn't. You used a check or credit card.

Look, nothing personal. My best friend's father is the Packer fan to end all Packer fans and I've made fun of his "partially ownership of the team" for as long as I've known him.
    Well, then I used intangible credits sent via binary code to get a piece of paper. That's a heck of a deal! :D
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'll give you 2.5 cents for your share
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Since it's 2.5 cents, it doesn't make sense and the offer reeks of fowl scents.

8-)
    Jason P wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Since it's 2.5 cents, it doesn't make sense and the offer reeks of fowl scents.

8-)

that's what is is worth on teh secondary market :lol:

your team's value falls faster than a yugo
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    It's partly a pride thing too, Packer fans are crazy about their team and we love to display our love for them in our houses, offices, etc. Having that certificate on the wall is honestly just a super cool thing to have. I don't have the money for it but I wish I did because I'd buy it in a heartbeat. AND there's voting rights...something no other NFL fans have.
    More then pride, it guarantees the team will stay in town. Hard to think of them moving right now, but back in the 80's they sucked and a greedy owner would probably have moved them.

I'll bet all twenty-three of Jacksonville's fans wishes they owned team stock ... and fans of the Vikes as well. :(
    81 wrote:
    that's what is is worth on teh secondary market :lol:

your team's value falls faster than a yugo
    Well, I'm not a very good owner yet. Maybe a silver neck-chain for my eyeglasses will help.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,812
    Anyone remember in the mid 90's in an episode of The simpsons, Homer was owner of the Denver Broncos? :lol:

http://vimeo.com/8636127
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Jason P wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    It's partly a pride thing too, Packer fans are crazy about their team and we love to display our love for them in our houses, offices, etc. Having that certificate on the wall is honestly just a super cool thing to have. I don't have the money for it but I wish I did because I'd buy it in a heartbeat. AND there's voting rights...something no other NFL fans have.
    More then pride, it guarantees the team will stay in town. Hard to think of them moving right now, but back in the 80's they sucked and a greedy owner would probably have moved them.

I'll bet all twenty-three of Jacksonville's fans wishes they owned team stock ... and fans of the Vikes as well. :(

Great point!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Over 175,000 have been sold already. :mrgreen:
    Over 175,000 have been sold already. :mrgreen:

a fool and his money
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,934
    81 wrote:

a fool and his money
    making that satement on THIS site? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh the irony.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:

a fool and his money
    making that satement on THIS site? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh the irony.

we have a few fools on here too. :lol:

speaking of.....have you heard from speedy? :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,934
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    [making that satement on THIS site? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh the irony.

we have a few fools on here too. :lol:

speaking of.....have you heard from speedy? :P
    Yes I have. Answered pretty quick too.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14