I Now Own A NFL Team

Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
The Green Bay Packers are offering shares of stock in the team right now. I kind of felt like I was cheating on my girlfriend when I bought it, but the Colts are heading for 0-16 which is like you girlfriend not putting out since last year. :D

I always wondered what it would feel like to own a NFL team. My skin feels whiter already.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jason P wrote:
    The Green Bay Packers are offering shares of stock in the team right now. I kind of felt like I was cheating on my girlfriend when I bought it, but the Colts are heading for 0-16 which is like you girlfriend not putting out since last year. :D

I always wondered what it would feel like to own a NFL team. My skin feels whiter already.
    Awesome!! I so wanted to do this...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    not worth $250

but i like how GB does things...all teams should be like this.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    81 wrote:
    not worth $250

but i like how GB does things...all teams should be like this.
    Yeah, it's pretty steep price but I figured I would regret passing on the opportunity.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,934
    Jason P wrote:

hmm, me thinks this belongs in the fraud thread. What say you Jiggles?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    They are offering 250,000 shares of stock at $250/each with the authority to add up to 880,000 shares.

That's $62,500,000 on the low end and $220,000,000 on the high end. Holy shit!

What a way to collect money to expand the stadium.

What's the point of all this?
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

hmm, me thinks this belongs in the fraud thread. What say you Jiggles?
    Possibly. I have blood ties to the Packers, you won't find my wearing their gear or rooting for them over the Colts, and they have no prior rivalry with the Colts.

Anyway, the fraud list was compiled by a fan of the New England Patriots which means it holds about as much merit as the paper I use to wipe my butt with.
    crazypjfan wrote:
    They are offering 250,000 shares of stock at $250/each with the authority to add up to 880,000 shares.

to upgrade teh stadium without using tax money....

plus you get to go to some funky thing before the season...i don't remember all the details...and you can say you are an NFL owner...which would be cool...i guess you could put that on your resume.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The investment that has no returns.
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    81 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

to upgrade teh stadium without using tax money....

plus you get to go to some funky thing before the season...i don't remember all the details...and you can say you are an NFL owner...which would be cool...i guess you could put that on your resume.
    Yeah, he answered his own question before he asked it.

Doesn't it automatically bump you up the season ticket waiting list if you're already on it, too?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,938
    The investment that has no returns.
    plus, you get to pay $25 shipping! :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    JTH wrote:

Doesn't it automatically bump you up the season ticket waiting list if you're already on it, too?
    No. That would cause a riot, especially since people like my neighbor have been on the waiting list since they were born.

You can attend and vote in the annual shareholders meeting, but other then that it doesn't hold much value ... unless it helps you get a few free drinks the next time you are visiting Sheboygan.
    Unless you go to games and get to enjoy the stadium improvements. Plus, the taxpayers are not burdened so that allows more money for schools, police, and firefighters.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    That's awesome! I want to buy but $250 is too steep for me. At least the new seats will move me up in the season ticket line! :mrgreen:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    That's awesome congrats! I so wanted to do this but I just can't spend that kinda money right now
  • Jason P wrote:
    Unless you go to games and get to enjoy the stadium improvements. Plus, the taxpayers are not burdened so that allows more money for schools, police, and firefighters.

Monetary returns is what I was shooting for.
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,952
    Jason P wrote:

Monetary returns is what I was shooting for.

Wait so you buy these shares but you don't get any kind of dividend. Can the share value increase, and if so can you sell it? If not then aren't you just paying $250 for a souvinir stock certificate and some annual reports?
  • Wait so you buy these shares but you don't get any kind of dividend. Can the share value increase, and if so can you sell it? If not then aren't you just paying $250 for a souvinir stock certificate and some annual reports?

Correct. It's a $250 piece of paper with apparently a few benefits that include helping out the taxpayers which isn't a bad thing.

• If not then aren't you just paying $250 for a souvinir stock certificate and some annual reports?

Yes but if your a Green Bay Packers fan it's so worth it. :mrgreen:
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Jason P wrote:
    JTH wrote:

No. That would cause a riot, especially since people like my neighbor have been on the waiting list since they were born.

You can attend and vote in the annual shareholders meeting, but other then that it doesn't hold much value ... unless it helps you get a few free drinks the next time you are visiting Sheboygan.
    Ah, I saw this mentioned another place that I post and I guess I misinterpreted it. Apparently the poster was alluding to the new seats they're installing.
    It is a nice way to feel connected to the team and not to mention a good way to get my name 6,700 places closer to the top of the season ticket waiting list!
    just remember......you are not allowed to say anything negative about the nfl or your employee's.

you are also not allowed to gamble on any nfl games.

i will personally monitering your posts and will report any and all transgressions
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    just remember......you are not allowed to say anything negative about the nfl or your employee's.

i will personally monitering your posts and will report any and all transgressions

:P
    81 wrote:

I set a high bar when it comes to my conduct and how it affects the NFL.

If I find myself in a scuffle outside a nightclub, I just ask myself, "What would Ray Lewis do?".

If I find myself in a staring contest, I just ask myself, "What would Jim Caldwell do?".

If I'm at work and I'm looking for ways to strengthen the company and improve morale, I just ask myself, "What would Cincinnati Bengal management do?".

If I'm accused of sexually assaulting multiple women, I just ask myself "What would Ben Roethlisberger do?".

If my hairline starts to recede and I need hairplugs, I just ask myself "What would Tom Brady do?".

If I'm concerned about an erection lasting longer then four hours .... well, I'll just watch a NFL game and be told what to do about six times before the game is over.

As you can see, I've developed a fool-proof method for regulating my conduct. As for gambling, it's not gambling when you always win. 8-)
  • Jason P wrote:
    JTH wrote:

Yes, there's a bar on every corner here in good old Sheboygan!
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    I wonder if Cleveland did this how much a share would go for $2.50?
  • One of the post pathetic things in pro sports for many years now is Packers fans who think they partially own the team. You don't partially own the team. You totally own a piece of paper that you paid $250 for. That's what you own.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • You totally own a piece of paper that you paid $250 for. That's what you own.

We knew that already but thanks for your comments. ;)

Go Pack Go!!!!
    One of the post pathetic things in pro sports for many years now is Packers fans who think they partially own the team. You don't partially own the team. You totally own a piece of paper that you paid $250 for. That's what you own.
    And I used 250 smaller pieces of paper that are monetarily supported by a gold reserve that may or may not actually exist to purchase it.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,938
    Jason P wrote:

If I find myself in a scuffle outside a nightclub, I just ask myself, "What would Ray Lewis do?".
    stab a dude...rehab my image with a lot of "praise god" bullshit.....retire.....HOF.....go to work for ESPN. is this a great country or what? :x

on a side note, I think the Packers could a least throw in an "I'm a Shareholder" t-shirt. it could be the same stellar quality as my 10c shirt. would probably cost them less than a buck.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jason P wrote:
    One of the post pathetic things in pro sports for many years now is Packers fans who think they partially own the team. You don't partially own the team. You totally own a piece of paper that you paid $250 for. That's what you own.
    And I used 250 smaller pieces of paper that are monetarily supported by a gold reserve that may or may not actually exist to purchase it.

No you didn't. You used a check or credit card.

Look, nothing personal. My best friend's father is the Packer fan to end all Packer fans and I've made fun of his "partially ownership of the team" for as long as I've known him.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    You totally own a piece of paper that you paid $250 for. That's what you own.

We knew that already but thanks for your comments. ;)

Go Pack Go!!!!

I got your back Patrick!

It's partly a pride thing too, Packer fans are crazy about their team and we love to display our love for them in our houses, offices, etc. Having that certificate on the wall is honestly just a super cool thing to have. I don't have the money for it but I wish I did because I'd buy it in a heartbeat. AND there's voting rights...something no other NFL fans have.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2