Manual Transmission Foils Carjackers Plot

2»

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    I learned stick when I was 14 in my dads Datsun 240Z. If a 14 yr old can learn stick in an old car with no power steering, and a really stiff clutch, anybody can learn stick.

edit: I find FWD manuals to be harder. For some reason I can never shift smoothly accelerating and turning fast from a stop sign. I just assume its harder because my car is FWD and the front end is doing every single thing.
    next time try reverse cookies. fantastic fun in a front wheel drive car. and with a stick shift you can do lots of fun tricks like poping the clutch and hammerin the gas :lol:
    reverse cookies being a great time.

these car thieves are idiots. they shoulda hired some 11 year old
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • 81 wrote:
    i only recently found out fw manual is a whole easier than rw.

why do you say that. i've driven both and never really noticed a difference in operations...

of course in snow, rear wheel cars can be a little more tricky.

just what ive been told. never drove fw manual. i was just told they are alot harder to stall, something with traction and the engine weight being over the wheels.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    i only recently found out fw manual is a whole easier than rw.

why do you say that. i've driven both and never really noticed a difference in operations...

of course in snow, rear wheel cars can be a little more tricky.

just what ive been told. never drove fw manual. i was just told they are alot harder to stall, something with traction and the engine weight being over the wheels.

i've driven both and stalled both. hate when that happens. :lol:

i think the easability boils down to the power of the engine, the gearing and the clutch feel.

fwd you get a little torque steer, rwd, you get the potential for kick outs. both can be fun. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    chadwick wrote:
    I learned stick when I was 14 in my dads Datsun 240Z. If a 14 yr old can learn stick in an old car with no power steering, and a really stiff clutch, anybody can learn stick.

edit: I find FWD manuals to be harder. For some reason I can never shift smoothly accelerating and turning fast from a stop sign. I just assume its harder because my car is FWD and the front end is doing every single thing.
    next time try reverse cookies. fantastic fun in a front wheel drive car. and with a stick shift you can do lots of fun tricks like poping the clutch and hammerin the gas :lol:
    reverse cookies being a great time.

these car thieves are idiots. they shoulda hired some 11 year old

:lol: COOKIES! you are only the second person I've ever heard say 'cookies'...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doughnut_%28driving%29
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless