Disturbing Crossfit video...

2»

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    ummm.... that shit looks really heavy. A young girl like that was able to lift that? I don't even think I would be able to do that.

How heavy are those weights?

Total weight including the bar is 115lbs. Not a huge amount of weight..but then again may be how much some of those girls weigh. What alarmed me was the total lack of training they had while attempting what they were were doing. One girl dropped the bar on her head and another was laughing during it...that's how people get seriously hurt. In the way society seems to be programmed now with the whole "extreme" mentality I think alot of basics are just not being taught. I don't lift weights anymore but I remember when I was my coach wouldn't let me put weight on the bar until I had all of the movements of the excercise down pat. He would have never let me throw a bar around like that contorting my back and fumbling all over the place. Just ridiculous IMO.
  • This looks incredibly awkward,
    + dangerous,
    + I can't really see many
    benefits to such "exercise."
    Odd.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
    Dru_Cortez wrote:
    This looks incredibly awkward,
    + dangerous,
    + I can't really see many
    benefits to such "exercise."
    Odd.
    Cheers.

Yeah this video is disturbing. I have looked at alot of Crossft over the past two days and a decent amount seems good but to me they are doing things just way too fast. They are trying to combine aerobic workouts with weightlifting which in theory is great, but in reality doesn't work well...especially when good form is not used.
  • CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    I've seen many athletes puke their guts out from a crossfit workout.
    Wink wrote:
    I've seen many athletes puke their guts out from a crossfit workout.

Yeah, and this Crossfit video made me want to puke my guts out! :lol: