Options

*** Denver II Fanviews 7/3 Here ***

edwhoedwho Posts: 811
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
~

Pearl Jam Set List: Long Road, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Not For You / (Modern Girl), Insignificance, Unemployable, Evenflow, Gone, State Of Love And Trust, Down, Wasted Reprise (with Benmont Tench), Better Man / (Save It for Later - no vocals) (with Benmont Tench), Black (with Benmont Tench), Corduroy (with Benmont Tench)

Encore: Come Back, Leash, Why Go, So You Want To Be A Rock N Roll Star (with Mike Campbell and Benmont Tench)

Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers Set List: Listen To Her Heart, You Don't Know How It Feels, I Won't Back Down, Free Fallin', Saving Grace, Handle With Care, Mary Jane’s Last Dance, I’m A Man, Oh Well, The Waiting (with Ed), Cabin Down Below, Learning To Fly, Don't Come Around Here No More, Refugee, Running Down A Dream*

Encore: You Wreck Me, Gloria, American Girl (with Ed), Rainy Day Women # 12 and 35 (with Pearl Jam)

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Quest for pure Fanviews! Thank you for all your stories and views, edwho

Set List Source: theskyiscrape.com, tenclub.net and tompetty.com

* TP&TH set list may be incorrect and or out of order.

~

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Say what you want, PJ just proved again tonight what an incredible band they are.. Petty had to be a bit embarrased.

top 5 luckiest people in denver.

Benmont Tench
    Mike Cambell
    Denver Crowd
    Tom Petty
    Eddie Vedder
    12/14/91 - Denver Coliseum: Denver, CO
    05/05/92 - Glenn Miller Ballroom, University of Colorado: Boulder, CO
    07/25/92 - Fiddler's Green: Denver, CO (Lollapalooza)
    11/27/93 - Balch Fieldhouse: University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
    03/07/94 - Paramount Theater: Denver, CO
    06/19/95 - Red Rocks Amphitheater: Morrison, CO
    06/20/95 - Red Rocks Amphitheater: Morrison, CO
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Another great show. PJ came on promptly at 7:30 to a little "inside job" theme music. A few repeats from 7/2, but no one was complaining. No Lost Dog moments tonight, but I swear that was the sweetest E-Flo I have ever heard. Mike was ripping it up behind the back and Matt got an awesome little drum solo to boot. I would get ahold of the bootleg just for that. SOLAT was super tight. Not my faves, but Gone and Come Back were well received. I'm no audiophile, but the sound still sounded a little off. Particularly when Mike was soloing.

Bring on Vega$. These Denver show were like starving yourself for a week and having a nice steak yanked right from under your nose.
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Wait who is Benmont Tench? Was Boom not there?
  • Options
    Just got back from the show.. Much better set than last night, but the band gave both cowds a great perfomance. Mcready and Ament fed off eachother all night and put on a hell of a show.

Long road was its typical nice opener. Then they went with three straight hard hitters (Severed Hand has just become a classic. amazing to see a song convert new fans right in front of your face)

Best version of Insignificance i have ever heard... bar none..

Unemployable was great live.. Had a blast singing with my wife..

Evenflow was nuts.. i know its a pee song and we have all heard/seen it a 100 times.... but Mcready and Camron just went off tonight.. Huge guitar and drum solos.. Really showed you how much better a BAND pearl jam is as compared to TP and the HB..

SOLAT was great, some new hooks and transitions i have never heard before..
    Betterman has just become an work of art.. They took the entire crowd from an acapella sing along, to the enrire crowd jumping up and down screaming along by the end of the song.. Really incredible to watch the guys work a crowd.

Black and Corduroy were incredible.. Always love the "We belong together" tag, no matter how eddie sings it.. Mcready again was phenomenal on both songs. You could tell he was having a blast (Campbell must be so jealous)

Comeback and Leash were great tunes to begin an encore, but they left me hanging (again) with So You Want To Be A Rock N Roll Star

i was so hoping for porch after Why Go got me in a 10 vibe.. (would have loved the reworked Garden as well)

The biggest thing i take away from the show was just how much better PJ was than petty.. By the middle of the Petty set half the crowd sat down.. no shit, it was sad to see.. Then Eddie comes on for Waiting.. (which BY THE WAY it was great!! )

Vedder sang 90% of the song, as petty sat back and only did background vocals..

It was amazing the once "dead" crowd was all of a sudden on their feet and the place rocked!
    Then eddie leaves the stage.. Petty pulls out "It's good to be king" The crowd sits right back down.

Rinse... repeat..

All and all a great show.. i could have used another 15 pearl jam songs..

long live the heart breakers.. bring on the solo shows!
  • Options
    Wait who is Benmont Tench? Was Boom not there?
    He's Tom Petty's keyboardist...Boom's mother was ill or passed away...something tragic...he's in Hawaii
    Paint Me A Picture
    Paint It By the Sea
    It Doesn't Matter
    If It Looks Like Me
    If It Comes From the Heart
    and it Comes From You
    Nothing Else Will Matter
    Your Heart Is What Is True
  • Options
    On "Black", I love how Eddie teases the crowd knowing that we are hoping for the "we belong together" tag. Tonight as the song winds down he's got his back to the mic slowly creeping away, only to do a sudden 180 and start belting it out. Is it just me and the beers, or is that how it really happened?
  • Options
    rocket70 wrote:
    On "Black", I love how Eddie teases the crowd knowing that we are hoping for the "we belong together" tag. Tonight as the song winds down he's got his back to the mic slowly creeping away, only to do a sudden 180 and start belting it out. Is it just me and the beers, or is that how it really happened?

Its crazy to hear another "tortured" fan go through the same thing i did.. I was so dissapointed last night to not get the We Belong Together tag... They really were so sharp tonight.
  • Options
    Its crazy to hear another "tortured" fan go through the same thing i did.. I was so dissapointed last night to not get the We Belong Together tag... They really were so sharp tonight.
    As for me not tortured....but damn happy after this 2 night run in Denver. But I loved that tag!
  • Options
    To close it all out, PJ joined TP & the Heartbreakers to Dylan's "Rainy Day Women."

What a finish; they did not disappoint.

Thanks guys...
    "A compliment for us, is a compliment for you."
    Vancouver '05, Denver I/II '06, Gorge I/II '06, MSG I/II '08, VH1 Rock Honors '08, Seattle I/II '09, Vancouver '11
    EV: Portland '11, Seattle Benaroya I/II '11
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Do you all think Booms Mom passing (earlier hypoth) was why they were so damper for Milwaukee 1?
  • Options
    schwankschwank Posts: 32
    WAY BETTER petty vibe than last night.... we also got Leash, SOLAT, Come Back, and Gone, Ed on American Girl and The Waiting, and the TP encore was Rainy Day Women with full PJ AND TPHB. I very much like Benmont on the keys, he has a great sound and I thought he added nice touches to the end of Black both nights, as well as the other tunes.

Pearl Jam was much more loud and fast than last night it felt, and TP was just far more into things than last night. Crowd had very strong energy too...

Rainy Day Women was great, Matt Cameron on acoustic guitar, Stone playing tambourine, and everyone just having a good time.

Sorry, not too well spoken right now... it was a great night, and a great couple shows to open my little tour. Can't wait til next week in Cali.

Thanks to Jeff (saw/things/clearer) for the extra ticket for our friends...

BTW... anyone know if there was an Ames poster for this? The merch lady told me they had a different poster tonight that sold out in 5 minutes but I never got a glimpse or even heard word of it.... I did get a Klausen, but I don't think it is a particularly pretty one.
    Life is Participation in Evolution
    believe you me, i do believe
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    guljor94 wrote:
    To close it all out, PJ joined TP & the Heartbreakers to Dylan's "Rainy Day Women."

Whoa, that'd been awesome to see.
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:
    Whoa, that'd been awesome to see.

I do consider myself lucky to have been there. The audience drowned Ed on every 'everybody must get stoned.'

If only it could magically appear on the boot. Please, 10c...please....
    "A compliment for us, is a compliment for you."
    Vancouver '05, Denver I/II '06, Gorge I/II '06, MSG I/II '08, VH1 Rock Honors '08, Seattle I/II '09, Vancouver '11
    EV: Portland '11, Seattle Benaroya I/II '11
  • Options
    Just got back from the show.. Much better set than last night, but the band gave both cowds a great perfomance. Mcready and Ament fed off eachother all night and put on a hell of a show.

Long road was its typical nice opener. Then they went with three straight hard hitters (Severed Hand has just become a classic. amazing to see a song convert new fans right in front of your face)

Best version of Insignificance i have ever heard... bar none..

Unemployable was great live.. Had a blast singing with my wife..

Evenflow was nuts.. i know its a pee song and we have all heard/seen it a 100 times.... but Mcready and Camron just went off tonight.. Huge guitar and drum solos.. Really showed you how much better a BAND pearl jam is as compared to TP and the HB..

SOLAT was great, some new hooks and transitions i have never heard before..
    Betterman has just become an work of art.. They took the entire crowd from an acapella sing along, to the enrire crowd jumping up and down screaming along by the end of the song.. Really incredible to watch the guys work a crowd.

Black and Corduroy were incredible.. Always love the "We belong together" tag, no matter how eddie sings it.. Mcready again was phenomenal on both songs. You could tell he was having a blast (Campbell must be so jealous)

Comeback and Leash were great tunes to begin an encore, but they left me hanging (again) with So You Want To Be A Rock N Roll Star

i was so hoping for porch after Why Go got me in a 10 vibe.. (would have loved the reworked Garden as well)

The biggest thing i take away from the show was just how much better PJ was than petty.. By the middle of the Petty set half the crowd sat down.. no shit, it was sad to see.. Then Eddie comes on for Waiting.. (which BY THE WAY it was great!! )

Vedder sang 90% of the song, as petty sat back and only did background vocals..

It was amazing the once "dead" crowd was all of a sudden on their feet and the place rocked!
    Then eddie leaves the stage.. Petty pulls out "It's good to be king" The crowd sits right back down.

Rinse... repeat..

All and all a great show.. i could have used another 15 pearl jam songs..

long live the heart breakers.. bring on the solo shows!

I disagree with the everyone was sitting down part. I was about 3/4 the way back on the floor and no one sat anywhere around or in front of me the entire show. Pearl Jam was awesome as usual, and to be honest, I really enjoyed Petty too. Don't get me wrong, I still want more Pearl Jam and I'm going to both LA shows for that. But seriously, I guess I didn't realize how many really good songs Petty has had over the years, pretty amazing when you hear hit after hit and songs that pretty much everyone in the arena can sing along to.

That being said, bring on LA!!!
  • Options
    I saw PJ from 10th row, then traded my tickets with a young couple and moved back to 5th row lower bowl to sit with some friends..

Of course no one sat on the floor. but all along the lower bowl people would sit down for long stretches during TP's slower songs..
  • Options
    denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
    Great set list I thought, I dont think I've seen Jeff quite this way before. I think someone mentioned it from Sunday's review, I didn't notice until last night...Man he's an animal all of a sudden!

I will tell you I thought the crowd wasn't near as energetic as Sunday's show...not even close. But I will say this; I gave my 10c seats to my mom and dad as they were in town and wanted to see the show, I bought tickets from a scalper at the 300 level, decent and at a huge discount. The show was no where near as packed as Sundays show. I bought 49 dollar face for 20 bucks a piece. The crowd at the 300 level was bogus (most of them), all sitting down, one guy almost got his ass kicked by asking me to sit down. The type of fan that when he realizes the bands playing Daughter he lets out a horse cry and stands up to rock that one song..yeah that fucking guy, and if you were that guy in section 326 you should do us all a favor, have a few drinks then drive home! The sound up top isnt so great also, the echo from the back wall isn't the best.

Anyway, I thought it was a great show, Petty played the exact set list as last night, I did loose a little respect for him. And why the fuck are you touring before your album hits the stores? I still haven't figured that out. While Petty was on I hit the pisser and said "exact same set list as last night you have to be fucking kidding me." And three dudes all turn around andask "shut up, no way...does PJ come back on stage at all!?!" Of course Ved comes out for the two familar tunes and they all say they'll stay for that.

Also WAY SHITTY THE POSTERS WERE EXACTLY THE SAME...Not even a color change? Why did that happen??? I've never seen that before?

Whatever, I had a great two nights with these guys, they are rocking hard and also gave mention that touring with the heartbreakers have given them insight on how to rock for another 15 years together etc. What a great two nights, thanks from Denver!
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.
  • Options
    Wow, Im sorry, but Night 2 was the same fucking show as Night 1, and I was disappointed. As were most people sitting near me on the floor. I love PJ more than most things in my life , but that was the first time I walked out of a PJ show, feeling hurt and a bit ripped off. And Dear Tom Petty, you are a legend, but your not Jesus ,chill with the Jesus lights on you walking around with your arms out like your the fucking Pope! that was half sickening. Side note, IMO, Pettys band blew Pearl Jam away on night 2. I mean, on a shortened set, there were alot of repeat songs that anyone who has seen Pearl Jam 8 + times or so didnt need to hear . Call me ungrateful , thats fine, but I feel a bit empty, in my spirit and wallet.
    Next time Ill save the 400$ and spend 80$ for one show, get a full 2 hour + show, and not get robbed.
    And dont bash me, Ive been a die hard fan since 92...so save it.
  • Options
    Colorado FanColorado Fan Posts: 442
    Thanks to this board I knew two things going into the 7/3 show – that PJ was going to go on very close to 7:30 p and that they would most likely play for about ninety minutes. What I did not expect, however, was how they were going to blow me away during that short time period.

I had last seen them at the April Fool's show in 2003 at Pepsi Center. When listening to that bootleg, disc one is good but disc two is off – not sure if it was the altitude, the wine or the fact that Denver was the first stop of that leg of the tour. Either way last night far exceeded any expectations I had.

It was nice to hear Long Road and SOLAT, as well as Down from "Lost Dogs." Clearly Ed changed things up a bit during the set as he could be seen running around telling the others what was up, and then announcing that there was a slight change in plans. At one point (I think it was after Evenflow) Ed introduced Mike and Matt and then waxed poetic about how he admired TP&HB for having been at it for thirty years.

Ed said that for PJ to have been together for half that time was due to the fact that they were all "best mates." He said that some of them were more difficult than others, then raised his hand over his own head and pointed down. Either he failed to introduce Jeff and Stone (do they really need an introduction?) or I missed it. He then said they would try for another fifteen years.

As for Tom Petty, he is a strange dude. The set was relatively mellow and he kept raising his arms and marching around the stage after nearly every song! I kept trying to figure out who the crowd was there to see. The arena was not very full when PJ took the stage which would indicate a Petty crowd. But then it seemed that Ed had to goad the crowd into cheering for Benmont Tench (who filled for the missing Boom) which would tend to indicate a PJ crowd.

I had read some complaints about the sound during the 7/2 show. I thought the sound for PJ was great. Petty's mic seemed really low during his set and they kept messing around with Ed's mic during American Girl (he spent most of the time shredding tambourines, so the mic thing was only slightly irritating) and Rainy Day Woman, but it was fine during The Waiting as Ed sang almost the whole song.

Both bands returned to the stage for Rainy Day Woman. If I am not mistaken Matt and Jeff had acoustic guitars, Stone had a tambourine, Mike had his electric and Ed, well, he was just trying to sing through a mic that was turned way too low!

Overall it was a great show. Man I want to go to Vegas!
  • Options
    LadyMLadyM Posts: 211
    I don't see how people are saying that this show was a disapointment? It was not the same as Sunday's show and I felt the energy was so much stronger.

I wasn't happy with my 10c seats at first, sec DDD row 17. I had better seats the night before (although I was shocked that people around me had purchased their tixs from TicketBastards, so how "special" were these 10c seats?) but hey, at least I got decent seats, right?

Anyway, I can't bitch too much about Monday's show. My friend had seats in row 10, dead center. I was able to see the first 3 songs from there and got some great pics and if weren't to my crappy 10c seats, I wouldn't have meet Mike M. He was in the sound booth during TP. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was frantically looking for my sharpie in my bag. Needless to say, I got the personalized autograph and a picture.

Oh and by the way, I asked about Hawaii... it will be a reality!!! It looks like I'm headed home!!!
    Honolulu 92 - Maui 98 x2 - Denver 03 - Gorge 05 - Denver 06 x2 - Gorge 06 x2 - Honolulu 06 x2 - EV Honolulu 09 x2 - Alpine Valley 11 x2 - Oklahoma City 13...
  • Options
    thumbsthumbs Posts: 37
    My husband's a convert. He REALLY wanted to hear SOLAT. I've wanted to hear Breath for years and years. He got SOLAT at his third concert - and an abbreviated one, at that! Bastard!
  • Options
    rocket21rocket21 Posts: 2
    Diamondjelly...you said, "Wow, Im sorry, but Night 2 was the same fucking show as Night 1, and I was disappointed."

I count 11 songs they played on night 2 that they did not play on night 1...there were only a little more than a handful that they played both nights and those were all either major hits (Even Flow, Black, Corduroy, Betterman) or new songs (WWS, Severed Hand). They need to play some hits for the casual fans there and they need to play the new album to get it "out there".

In what respect was it the same show? Same 5 guys out there playing the music? What, did you want a new drummer for show two? I don't get your complaint.
  • Options
    Show kicked ass, I was in section 236 club level, My section sucked, I was the only one standing up and singing and 3 songs into the concert the bitch behind me taps me on the shoulder and sais sit down we cant see, I ended up sitting down the rest of the show except for the last encore song where everybody stood but forgot what song it was, Down, Gone, Insignificance, And courdoroy were amazing, Seemed like a short set to me though, Than rite after pearljam ends a whole bunch of people leave and this old fart who looked like 65 came in with his wife, and i asked didnt see pearljam huh, And the guy looks at me and goes pearljam sucks, just shows me how tom petty fans can be un-pearljam too.
    06/29/98
    06/18/03
    05/17/06
    07/03/06
    8/21/08 - Ed Solo
    08/23/09
  • Options
    AnthonyAAP wrote:
    Show kicked ass, I was in section 236 club level, My section sucked, I was the only one standing up and singing and 3 songs into the concert the bitch behind me taps me on the shoulder and sais sit down we cant see, I ended up sitting down the rest of the show except for the last encore song where everybody stood but forgot what song it was, Down, Gone, Insignificance, And courdoroy were amazing, Seemed like a short set to me though, Than rite after pearljam ends a whole bunch of people leave and this old fart who looked like 65 came in with his wife, and i asked didnt see pearljam huh, And the guy looks at me and goes pearljam sucks, just shows me how tom petty fans can be un-pearljam too.

FUCK THAT DUDE...YOU CANT SIT DOWN BECAUSE SOME BITCH ASKS YOU!!!! I understand, it just sucks all the way around...I find that if your polite you end up sitting down so my answer to this problem is to just go way over the top and be totally outrageous!!! I said earlier some guy asked me to sit...my response was "fuck you, this is a fucking rock concert, you can sit down some where else, and if you insist your going to have to sit me down yourself!!!" Course I'm a pretty big dude and that usually is the end of it..try using that line, it works every time for me! And I suppose it helps to be drunk and big at the same time!

I'm not a violent person at all, only when pushed, and when PJ comes to town I'm not sitting down even if the Lord and Baby Jesus asked me!
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

• Options
    Ohh yeah I did want to mention that the crowd both nights just said fuck off to the new smoking ban Denver just passed...BRAVO!!! You guys smoke some Dank shit!

• Options
    lobb152lobb152 Posts: 193
    The first night had better energy. But the second show i finally got to hear SOLAT. Come Back was cool. I lost some respect for Petty. I didn't like how he marched around with his hands up and all the lights on him after just about every song.
    I am a nothing dreaming of something unknown.
  • Options
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    Do you all think Booms Mom passing (earlier hypoth) was why they were so damper for Milwaukee 1?

Yes I think I read that Ed mentioned it from the stage, if not that night, then the next that Booms mom had died. I read on RM that Ed kept going over and giving Boom hugs and that during Crazy Mary the WHOLE band went over to Booms Piano during his solo. awwwww soo sweet.

My thoughts and prayers are with Boom and his family :(
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    All in all I thought it was a good show...the guys were really tight and sounded great! I enjoyed Tom Petty too...mainly played songs I knew and liked. Most people have complained about how he pranced around the stage and while I didn't really care for it, the crowd sure did respond to him.
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    It was a much better set than sunday night. Whoever said it was the same show is clearly either a radio fan or just fucking stupid.

Long Road - my favorite opener and this was one of the best versions I've ever heard...cannot wait for the boot

WWS - I wouldn't mind hearing this every single show this tour...Ed does such a great job keeping up on the lyrics because it's not the easiest song to sing.

Severed Hand - I said, "YEEEAAAAHHHHH!!"

Not For You - I nearly cried when I read about SK breaking up so to hear the Modern Girl tag again was bittersweet but I loved it.

Insignificance - Ed said how it's about Seattle and Boeing. All I have to say is fuck all you bastards that bash Binaural, this song rocks.

Unemployable - Glad to hear this one live, sounded great. I kinda wish I could hear more than just Ed, Scott (my buddy), and myself singing this one. Being surrounded by TP fans just became too evident during this song.

Even Flow - Certainly not the worst song in the world....Matt's solo seemed kinda plain compared to last night's, which blew me away. But Mike's solo was incredible as usual...starting it out behind his head. Mike's energy is unbelievable. He's my hero.

Gone - Great to hear it live. Much better than his solo attempt in Jersey last year. The full band version just puts so much more into this one and add the live aspect of it and it's classic PJ.

SOLAT - I love it when Ed holds "listen" through the first part of the verse. They could increase the rotation of this one without a single complaint from me, it's such a great song with lots of energy.

Down - This one may or may not have teared me up....I'm not saying. Probably the most meaningful PJ song for me. I've heard it live a few times before but this time meant more for some reason. Also, I love Ed adding a fuck to the line, "I think I'll throw....these fucking pills away."

Wasted Reprise - The most beautiful PJ song within the one minute range (So what if Lukin is the only competitor...). This song is also moving for me....Ed's voice is amazing....makes me want to just make love to him all night long and I'm pretty sure I'm not even gay.

Betterman - Okay, I'm spoiled and unappreciative. I admit it. But I really don't want to hear this song without a tag. It did end in a faster little jam that totally rocked so I really shouldn't complain. And Benmont had a little jam in there too which was great.

Black - Beautiful song with a beautiful ending....Benmont on keys was really good and Ed singing, "We belong together..." made me once again question my sexuality.

Corduroy - Great song but I've kinda had my fill for it live. I kinda feel the same way about it as I do Betterman....if they preface it with Interstellar Overdrive then I certainly wouldn't complain about it but as a stand alone....I'd prefer something else, especially as a closer. Yeah, maybe that's my complaint here....I want a better closer....Go or RVM...or Porch.

- btw, I know this was a short set and all but it was about 70 minutes and it was easily the fastest 70 minutes of my life. I was in disbelief when they left the stage after Corduroy because it went by so quickly.

Come Back - When I first heard Avocado this was the song I kept skipping back too. I love it and was very pleasantly surprised to get to hear it live. Thank you whoever was in the first 10 rows or so that requested it.

Leash - This one again reminded me that I was surrounded by Tom Petty fans. I was singing so loudly then noticed that it was just me....and my buddy....and Ed. But fuck' em. It was amazing. And fuck all you leash haters out there too. Any way you look at it....This song is raw and real and rockin'.

Why Go - Great song and great to hear it live. With the song count I knew there was a good chance they'd end the set with it and I was desperately hoping they would play just one more song......until of course, I found out what that song would be....

So you wanna be a rock and roll star - I just can't get into this song. Ed sounded great but I'm kinda bitter that they ended two great shows with the same shitty song. I did learn my lesson from last night though and I bailed after PJ's set. It just wasn't worth getting more shitty songs in my head only to see Ed dissed by TP's cameraman and low-volumed mic. That Tom Petty sure is something else.....Thank God he looked like he's about had it with this touring busines.
  • Options
    John BudgeJohn Budge Posts: 260
    Wow, Im sorry, but Night 2 was the same fucking show as Night 1, and I was disappointed. As were most people sitting near me on the floor. I love PJ more than most things in my life , but that was the first time I walked out of a PJ show, feeling hurt and a bit ripped off. And Dear Tom Petty, you are a legend, but your not Jesus ,chill with the Jesus lights on you walking around with your arms out like your the fucking Pope! that was half sickening. Side note, IMO, Pettys band blew Pearl Jam away on night 2. I mean, on a shortened set, there were alot of repeat songs that anyone who has seen Pearl Jam 8 + times or so didnt need to hear . Call me ungrateful , thats fine, but I feel a bit empty, in my spirit and wallet.
    Next time Ill save the 400$ and spend 80$ for one show, get a full 2 hour + show, and not get robbed.
    And dont bash me, Ive been a die hard fan since 92...so save it.
    Why the fuck did you go to both shows? I don't think any band out there mixes up their setlists like PJ, so YOU save it.
  • Options
    jstockjstock Posts: 75
    I loved both nights, and I thought the shows were worth the money. That said, I wish I'd heard different Avocado songs on the second night. I was ecstatic to hear Come Back, but instead of round 2 of WWS and Severed Hand, I would've liked MITS or Inside Job. Small complaint, but new songs or no, they were two great nights.