Options

*** Madrid Fanviews Here 9/6/07 ***

2»

Comments

• Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    We wanted to be sure we could get back to Gran Via from Leganes after the show! Our Hungarian contingent spent at least 4 hours around Saturday noon to make sure renting a car is the only secure way to make that ...'cos you cannot order a taxi to Leganes in advance and the show seemed to last too late to catch the last metro(s)! Anyway in the mosh pit the crowd was great and absolutely LOUD!!! If only we could have stayed in Madrid one more night :mad: !!!
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    The concert was really really god!!! All the setlist was perfect and the guys were on fire all the night. Eddie is still the best (i still remember how he paid for peace, please) and Mike was excellent (this solo with the guitar on the neck was the maxx). I love Matt doing that solo of drums.

Only one negative thing: the Mike's guitar wasn't very loud.

I never forget this concert. I hope they come back next year, i'll see them again. Wait for the bootle NOW!!!!
  • Options
    SylSyl Posts: 149
    LOVED IT LOVED IT.
    Just got back from the Madrid trip, exhausted but happy. Beautiful opener Porch, beautiful special Black. Cool comatose. Daughter also.
    And the crowd by the way, was fantastic, full house. I can't compare, and I wouldn't. Every concert is special i think.

The only nightmare was the way back to town after the concert. How is it possible that nothing is arranged. Hundreds of persons in one metro, dumped at the busstation, the bus never came or was overcrowded...but my compliments to the Spanish fans and others who shared this experience at night, in the rain, just so calm en gentle. But all so tired...we finally arrived 06.00 am at our hostal...
    The overal feeling is GOOD....

p.s. what yellow papers did you fellas throw to Ed from the side. He picked them up and talked for a bit to you. Nice to see.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    man i hope both you and i are wrong.......

cuz after reading those setlists my enthusiam for lolla dropped......BIGTIME!!!!

i would not let the set list from europe dissuade me when they play to an AMERICAN crowd it will be different no doubt ED will take everything into consideration ,first time at LOLLA since 92" will play big time into the set list ........
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    SpecificsSpecifics Posts: 417
    i would not let the set list from europe dissuade me when they play to an AMERICAN crowd it will be different no doubt ED will take everything into consideration ,first time at LOLLA since 92" will play big time into the set list ........

ahhh its LOVELY to see a yank in HERE spreading his POSITIVITY with so much GRACE. i REALLY hope you get a GREAT show at LOLLA......
  • Options
    The sound was horrible, specially during the first songs. That isn't, probably, the band's fault. There was something with the speakers. It seems someone "touched" something at some point and then it started to sound decent... I was there and definitly the FM recording sounds better thant there.

Anyway, the band wasn't in their greatest moment. They fucked up more than twice. Jeff missed the tone several times and he didn't notice until seconds later. In some songs, one of them was in a hurry to finish the song while the others were jamming, and viceversa. There even was a moment were all of them desynchronized totally.

The songs were almost the same than one year later. I went last year to Barcelona and Madrid. On saturday the only song I didn't hear last year was Porch, I think. Even the tags where the same (Modern Girl, The Wall, "peace"...), except for WMA at the end of Daughter, wich was cool.

20 songs and half of the time was spent between encores and with unnecesary speeches like the one made by a drunk and high Javier Bardem... :S

Finally, I didn't caught the "Portugal VS Spain" joke (?), too. Like the people who was around me, I didn't understood what he was meaning. We thought something bad must had happened to them in Portugal... When I read that about "fuck Madrid" I didn't find it funny, even thought I'm from Valencia, wich is Spain too and it is said to have some rivalry between Madrid and Valencia...

Definitely, the worst Pearl Jam concert I've ever been.
  • Options
    Que lastima you feel this way.
    For me the whole experience to be far across the border to see my favourite band, other culture, hear the Spanish, was too good to be true.
    Just the funtime to join the crowd and don't have to do anything with rival feelings or something is beautiful. I saw lot's and lot's of people enjoying and loving the performance. I don't care if they missed a note. It happens. Makes it real.
  • Options
    Rocks wrote:
    Que lastima you feel this way.
    For me the whole experience to be far across the border to see my favourite band, other culture, hear the Spanish, was too good to be true.

Don't misunderstand me. I had a great time, to. It was 4 hours from Valencia and I enjoyed a lot. It was a party.
    Just the funtime to join the crowd and don't have to do anything with rival feelings or something is beautiful. I saw lot's and lot's of people enjoying and loving the performance. I don't care if they missed a note. It happens. Makes it real.

I also don't have anything to do with rival feelings. I'm complaining just about the opposite: there was no response because there isn't really any "rivalry" between Spain and Portugal, or at least we don't have anything against our portuguese neighbours, so Eddie's "joke" was misfortuned... :S
  • Options
    Maybe drunk Javier was whispering something about this supposed issue in Ed's ear...
    I saw some Portuguese guys in the metro and they were so excited. Nice to watch.
    I think that's what music is all about, step over bounderies. So I was suprised too hearing Ed make such a "joke"
  • Options
    I was near the front and the sound was good. The set was great, and that was without Betterman, RVM, Crazy Mary, Evolution, Jeremy!
    The crowd was great, Ed was on form, Mike was great. I'm not too gone on Matt's Even Flow solo, first saw it in Dublin last year and it was ok, but I think they should leave it to Mike.

Both of the daughter tags were about Bush, in WMA it was "starts a fucking war" (dirties his hands), and in Brick in the wall it was "George Bush leave the world alone" (hey teacher leave the kids alone)

Every song was greeted well - the old and new, and Yellow got a really mixed reaction - great to hear it, but damn the show is over.
    The only bad point from a great weekend was transport after the gig (metro shut down), but all in all, well worth it to see the greatest band in the world.
    Dublin 00, Dublin 06, Madrid 07, Nijmegen 07, Rotterdam 09, Berlin 09, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, East Troy PJ20 11 (1 & 2), Amsterdam 12 (1 & 2), L.A. 13 (1 & 2), Amsterdam 14 (1 & 2), Milan 14, Vienna 14, Berlin 14, Stockholm 14, Oslo 14, Boston 16 (1 & 2), London 18 (1 & 2).
  • Options
    mogambomogambo Posts: 4
    I enjoyed very much the concert. I continue admired by the great sound the band has delivered as a whole. And it's quite a experience to attend in the same place with so many (thousands) people jumping, dancing and having such a good time.

That said, I think the concert in September was much better, specially the sound wasn't good last night and that's quite a problem. Besides, it's been a few months since the last visit to Madrid (I know some of you run beside the band around the world, enjoying every night, but you can hardly imagine the expectations generated by the first visit to Madrid in about 15 years.... that's almost insuperable).

But there's one thing that made this visit special for me: before the first encore we went to the front (as front as was phisically possible) to jump and dance in the crowd, and I'll never forget that "Not For You", "Baba".... Astounding.

Un saludo
  • Options
    Photos, videoes and the show in mp3.
    Impressive!!!
    I hope that you like

XX

Photos

emhzgftnylcmtynjnr13.jpg

lyeowm1ntdnmydn0iwuc.jpg

o3dqwtummyyqzzyw2nwa.jpg

qmozyj1n5yd4wz2mjqjj.jpg

mflowym0xuyj1y22nmwt.jpg

hedyhyjltmk2ojwvr2hm.jpg

dtowz1k2u1njgxnyeimz.jpg

jzjznjm42yydmlmoyrbn.jpg

zm22wjtkxmw3vlyeiomn.jpg

tniymdbngkihz3zmno2z.jpg

znzhynmmkjnzjzmiwhjn.jpg

ewkyy0dmdgz4zcnnan3o.jpg

yttmgnv5fugzojjmfqh0.jpg

tzzmay2y2jt4jfmugzmw.jpg

imq1xn2yktmgtoyzxzxg.jpg

5mdrzljnmtzjwmn3zmqy.jpg

jnzzjhgdjdzkjnmhtyhn.jpg

nwmn02jlejv2zygmjnct.jpg

niztzgzmywhzuy1vlcjm.jpg

tkdu4vzmttmzzx0y4mji.jpg

zmtye2nmrjm1hm4myj2n.jpg

jrnhfvz2ylgwmjknzjiz.jpg

The show in mp3

http://www.pearljamonline.it/mp3.htm

Videoes

http://elmaleterodejackmoore.blogspot.com/2007/06/pearl-jam-en-el-festimad-2007.html
  • Options
    Already it´s arranged the links and you can see everything...
  • Options
    I like it!!!! Muchas gracias
  • Options
    joyodongojoyodongo Posts: 36
    mogambo wrote:
    I enjoyed very much the concert. I continue admired by the great sound the band has delivered as a whole. And it's quite a experience to attend in the same place with so many (thousands) people jumping, dancing and having such a good time.

That said, I think the concert in September was much better, specially the sound wasn't good last night and that's quite a problem. Besides, it's been a few months since the last visit to Madrid (I know some of you run beside the band around the world, enjoying every night, but you can hardly imagine the expectations generated by the first visit to Madrid in about 15 years.... that's almost insuperable).

But there's one thing that made this visit special for me: before the first encore we went to the front (as front as was phisically possible) to jump and dance in the crowd, and I'll never forget that "Not For You", "Baba".... Astounding.

Un saludo

I agree with you, compañero !!!!!!!!!! Specially the sound ... it`s not as good as in the jazz concerts, ehhhh???
    Dublin 23/8/06 - Vitoria 2/9/06 - Madrid 7/9/06
    Lisbon 8/6/07 - Madrid 9/6/07 - London 18/6/07 - Düsseldorf 21/6/07 - Copenhagen 26/6/07
    New York 24/6/08 - New York 25/6/08
    Rotterdam 13/8/09 - Berlin 15/8/09 - Manchester 17/8/09 - London 18/8/09 - Seattle 21/9/09 - Seattle 22/9/09
    Bilbao 9/7/10
  • Options
    joyodongo wrote:
    I agree with you, compañero !!!!!!!!!! Specially the sound ... it`s not as good as in the jazz concerts, ehhhh???
    Not indeed, my friend. They are lucky we continue attending rock concerts, it's not so queer this bad sound affair but we manage to enjoy them like demons. It's simply imposible to imagine a jazz concert with that poor sound quality, what would you pay for hearing Pearl Jam sounding like Dave Holland last year?

As you people have written before, the portuguese joke wasn't funny at all. Probably someone misguided Eddie, but I would not have laughted at it even if there was a real problem with Portugal. To me, that was a mistake and I didn't like it.

Reading the songlist I find it (sort, yeah, but...) very good, I'm anxious to listen to the bootleg (hope the sound is better on cd).

Un saludo

Joyodongo, cabroncete, there are some gigs before you, eh?
  • Options
    mogambo wrote:

Reading the songlist I find it (sort, yeah, but...) very good, I'm anxious to listen to the bootleg (hope the sound is better on cd).

If you want listen the bootleg you can link here

XX
  • Options

If you want listen the bootleg you can link here

XX
    Thank you, Corpse Bride, I've done it. It certainly sounds as it should have sounded in the "arena".

This is the Radio 3 emision of the concert, a good advance of the bootleg I hope we'll get soon. What a fantastic idea to provide every concert to the fans, it's amacing.

Un saludo
  • Options
    About the (in)famous portuguese joke: listening to the mp3 with the concert recording, Eddie tells his joke and, inmediately, adds "it's a joke". Not that it makes the thing funny, in fact it is a childish silly joke (in my opinion), but let's be generous and forgive our dear, beloved, misguided Eddie.

Un saludo
  • Options
    WilkoWilko Posts: 2
    Overall Pearl Jam were brilliant,the sound was poor to begin with but improved,didn't see the point of the Brick in the wall,or Baba Riley songs,the band have made enough great songs of their own to waste their time and energy on cover's!
    Sounds like we were among the lucky ones as we made the metro in time and got back to the city centre before the rain came,and had a couple of hours in a bar!
    Re it being a shorter set,there's no resaon why they couldn't have come on earlier as the Used finished their set a good hour and a half before PJ came on.
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Wilko wrote:
    Overall Pearl Jam were brilliant,the sound was poor to begin with but improved,didn't see the point of the Brick in the wall,or Baba Riley songs,the band have made enough great songs of their own to waste their time and energy on cover's!
    Sounds like we were among the lucky ones as we made the metro in time and got back to the city centre before the rain came,and had a couple of hours in a bar!
    Re it being a shorter set,there's no resaon why they couldn't have come on earlier as the Used finished their set a good hour and a half before PJ came on.

Hey, don't rub it in! Mind, life is funny-those 4 hours huddled in the doorway (out of the rain,but cold and uncomfortable all the same) are the kind of things that can change your whole outlook on life. I would even say that in a strange way it added to the whole weekend. And just to reiterate, I thought the gig was incredible, I just watched Porch on Youtube-what a buzz when the whole band kicked in...! Class act, and if anyone didn't think so, I'd say they should stay away from PJ-or not go quite so often. AWSOME, BABY!!!!!
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    Madrid was fantastic although they should have played more - 100 minutes is not their standard especially if majority of the people didn't catch the last metros! Sound was weak during the first few songs but later on it got better and better!
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
  • Options
    Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    Already it´s arranged the links and you can see everything...

Great stuff!!
    Thanks for sharing!!!
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Options
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    Great stuff!!
    Thanks for sharing!!!

;-)
  • Options
    black was the best version.
    even flow too.
    the sound was wrong at the beggining ( no pearl jam blame).
    good show but short.

matt: yes, we can
    san sebastian 1996 ( no code tour)
    san sebastian 2000 (binaural tour)
    vitoria-gasteiz 2006 (pearl jam tour)
    madrid 2007 (european tour )

".... IF NOTHING IS EVERYTHING, I WILL HAVE IT ALL..."
  • Options
    crisgmpcrisgmp Posts: 1
    I think its funny how everybody is pissed about a short set. It was a festival man!!! Reading was the only festival they actually played a legit show.

I cant wait to see how people react when PJ plays the same type of set at Lollapalooza.

Hi, just to say that Reading was not the ony one: Azkena Rock, last year in Vitoria was also great. Maybe that's why we expected a bit more. It was a good set list, but still, short to me. I had been in Madrid in september, and that show had been...spectacular, perfect, great.
    I'm among the ones that did not like a lot Bardem's appearance. I think he's a great, great and big great actor. But he is an actor. I don't mind if he's a friend of Eddie or if he provides him with great wine. I would've prefered Eddie to bring some friend who could sing, so they did a duet. Although all my respect for the people that loved his surprise appearance.

Opening with Porch was amazing. So far I've had Release, Better man, Porch and Long Road as openers. Brilliant all of them. Finally I got to listen to Baba O'Riley, I believe in Miracles, Green disease...Black was again great, and had we been in a close place, that moment with all of us clapping hands, would've been as in Madrid'06, where the ending of the song was superb. I can't stop listening to the gig.
    I guess this tour there won't be bootlegs, which is a big pitty, but understandable for all the festivals (hence short concerts) they are playing in? Does anybody know about it?

San Sebastián 2000
    Madrid 2006
    Madrid 2007
    Wembley 2007
  • Options
    maybe 10C will put in shell.... (i hope so.... i would like to buy wimblendon &
    düsseldorf shows, by the moment)
    san sebastian 1996 ( no code tour)
    san sebastian 2000 (binaural tour)
    vitoria-gasteiz 2006 (pearl jam tour)
    madrid 2007 (european tour )

".... IF NOTHING IS EVERYTHING, I WILL HAVE IT ALL..."
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    Any idea what the capacity/attendance of this festival was, how much tickets were and if it was sold out? Any info would be great and anything with a relaible source even better.

Thanks
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    There was about 25.000 -30.000 thousand fans if you ask me however I haven't seen the official numbers. It was very close to a soldout IMHO, at the front it was more packed like sardines in a crushed tin box and one of my friends was sitting at the very back and said there were too many people around her as well! Maybe it was a soldout I don't know.
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    Ricsard wrote:
    There was about 25.000 -30.000 thousand fans if you ask me however I haven't seen the official numbers. It was very close to a soldout IMHO, at the front it was more packed like sardines in a crushed tin box and one of my friends was sitting at the very back and said there were too many people around her as well! Maybe it was a soldout I don't know.

Thanks
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....