1st birthday..

2»

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    It meant nothing in terms of drinking as I think I drank more before I turned 21

same here...i think i went out to dinner with a couple friends and that was it
  • I started in Florida at a laid back sunset bar and woke up the next day in a Nicaraguan whore-house. The in between is a bit fuzzy.

oh wait, nevermind...I watched Cheers re-runs and ate cheetos and rootbeer. I didnt know how to party in my early years. I've since fixed all that though.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • norm wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    It meant nothing in terms of drinking as I think I drank more before I turned 21

same here...i think i went out to dinner with a couple friends and that was it

I could defin put down more before 21 than after.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    In NY the legal drinking age went from 18, then 19 and then 21... I was legal for 3 months when I turned 19 and then they changed the age to 21 without a granfather's clause...

So I got two stories :lol: :twisted:

Similar story, except in Illinois. But I got to be legal longer. I got to drink for almost 2 years legally before the law was changed to 21 two months before my 21st birthday. However, our neighborhood bar (in my hometown) didn't care since I had been a regular for a long time - so I got to come and go and drink anyway.

Don't remember celebrating that much on my 19th. I know I must have though because I was in college at Southern Illinois University and would have celebrated not having to borrow a dorm mate's id to get into the bars on the strip. But I guess it wasn't such a big deal since my friends and I had been drinking illegally since age 16. There was always bars & liquor stores that would serve us and someone's i.d. to borrow.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,935
    In NY the legal drinking age went from 18, then 19 and then 21... I was legal for 3 months when I turned 19 and then they changed the age to 21 without a granfather's clause...

So I got two stories :lol: :twisted:

Similar story, except in Illinois. But I got to be legal longer. I got to drink for almost 2 years legally before the law was changed to 21 two months before my 21st birthday. However, our neighborhood bar (in my hometown) didn't care since I had been a regular for a long time - so I got to come and go and drink anyway.

Don't remember celebrating that much on my 19th. I know I must have though because I was in college at Southern Illinois University and would have celebrated not having to borrow a dorm mate's id to get into the bars on the strip. But I guess it wasn't such a big deal since my friends and I had been drinking illegally since age 16. There was always bars & liquor stores that would serve us and someone's i.d. to borrow.
    Shit , I forgot about that. Same for me. In Ohio it went from 19 to 21 WITH a grandfather clause. I made it in by 4 days. A friend 6 days younger than me didnot. :mrgreen:

Those days pre Navy ,in Navy, post navy are kinda a blur.

I''m told there was decade called the 90's? Is that true? :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    mickeyrat wrote:

Yes. That's why we're here on this board. :D
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    mickeyrat wrote:

Yes. That's why we're here on this board. :D
    ok cool. Like i said it was a blur. Wasnt sure if it was drunken debauchery or a bad dream.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    nothing exciting...I went to my regular hangout to meet up with friends. One of them Frank, he had the same birthday as me so he's all drunk..."lemmie buy you a drink! and you're not gonna drink one of those girly p*ssy fruity things" so he orders 2 duck farts, and we slammed them. Then he walks me to another bar...there he says "it's her birthday!" so the bartender brings out this huge ass frosted mug and says "anything you want in here-free" so I asked for a fuzzy navel. It was a 42oz mug...I didn't drink peach flavored anything for a while.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    RKCNDY wrote:
    nothing exciting...I went to my regular hangout to meet up with friends. One of them Frank, he had the same birthday as me so he's all drunk..."lemmie buy you a drink! and you're not gonna drink one of those girly p*ssy fruity things" so he orders 2 duck farts, and we slammed them. Then he walks me to another bar...there he says "it's her birthday!" so the bartender brings out this huge ass frosted mug and says "anything you want in here-free" so I asked for a fuzzy navel. It was a 42oz mug...I didn't drink peach flavored anything for a while.

What's a duck fart?!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

What's a duck fart?!!
    usually bubbly and under water. :mrgreen:

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

What's a duck fart?!!

1/2 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur
    1/2 oz Bailey's® Irish cream
    1/2 oz Crown Royal® Canadian whisky

Read more: Duck Fart shot drink recipes http://www.drinksmixer.com/cat/438/#ixzz1fK3HAfxP

though mine was more like 2 oz of each...it was in a lowball glass...we knew the bartender.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    RKCNDY wrote:

Read more: Duck Fart shot drink recipes http://www.drinksmixer.com/cat/438/#ixzz1fK3HAfxP

though mine was more like 2 oz of each...it was in a lowball glass...we knew the bartender.

That sounds AMAZING! A couple of those in a lowball glass...mmmmm!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

That sounds AMAZING! A couple of those in a lowball glass...mmmmm!

That sounds yummy...I have the Kahlua and Bailey's...but no Crown Royal...
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i want more stories
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    conman wrote:
    i want more stories

Can I substitute one of my untold drunken stories?
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Well, I had fake ID's (of various quality) since I was 16 or 17, so turning 21 wasn't a very big deal, I had done plenty of drinking in bars and bought plenty of beer before my 21st. On top of that I think my birthday was on a like Tuesday or Wednesday. All I did on the actual day was go over to my parents house after work, then we went out to eat, then I went home. That weekend I got together with some friends and we went out drinking, but nothing too crazy. Kind of anti-climactic.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    DS1119 wrote:
    conman wrote:
    i want more stories

yes you can
    Well, I had fake ID's (of various quality) since I was 16 or 17, so turning 21 wasn't a very big deal, I had done plenty of drinking in bars and bought plenty of beer before my 21st. On top of that I think my birthday was on a like Tuesday or Wednesday. All I did on the actual day was go over to my parents house after work, then we went out to eat, then I went home. That weekend I got together with some friends and we went out drinking, but nothing too crazy. Kind of anti-climactic.
    i had my cousins ID when i was underage and i drank a ton.... but i've heard a bunch of stories about peoples 21st birthday and i was curious.... that's why i started this thread
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    conman wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    conman wrote:
    i want more stories

yes you can

OK cool. This was not my 21st birthday but just a random night. I was at a bar...I think I was 24 or 25, somewhere in that area. I went with three of my buddies and we drank pretty hard. As we are sitting at the bar we start talking with this older guy who is just plain shitbagged. Somehow the talk about drunk driving comes up and the bartender convinces the guy to leave his keys on the bar while he goes to take a piss. Me being a practical joker I grab the keys as soon as he hits the bathroom. They were Chevy or GM keys so I go out to the parking lot to move his car. After trying a few cars (there was no remote on the keychain to easily find the car) I find it. I start the car and before I know it I drove to where I was living. I drove one street over, parked the car and locked the keys inside. Went to bed. Next day my buddies asked me how I got home...I explained and when we went to look for the car it was gone. I got home and the old guy didn't drunk drive! :D:D But I did!! :thumbdown: :lol:
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Legal age over here is 18. So for my 18th a few friends and I walked the 5 miles to a country pub we often went to. Drank my self stupid so I went outside to get some fresh air, sat on the grass for a while, then decided to go back in. Problem was I couldn't see the pub anymore, staggered around for a while until I saw a light, managed to stagger/crawl towards the light which fortunately was the pub. The rest of the night was a blank, but as far as I remember I got home.

Not very exciting really but at the time I heard we had a 'good' night so I guess nothing bad happened.