1st birthday..

conmanconman Posts: 7,493
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
you were legally allowed to drink...

i turned 21 in boot camp so i missed out on this experience :x

so what's your story? how drunk did you get? how much trouble did you get into?

i want stories people!!! :mrgreen:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I was taken to a bar by my closest three buddies. Proudly showed my ID to the bartender...and then proudly showed the fake ID I had to get served in that bar the previous two years. :D Other than that I don't remember it being that special. I'm trying to replay the night and if something changes I'll add it. I do remember something from that night involving Metallica and Ride the Lightning but I can't quite remember.
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i know you fuckers have some interesting stories..... let's hear 'em! :twisted:
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    I was a year ahead of most of my friends in college because I transferred schools a couple of times..but one of my friends that took me out was a rugby player...I had many drinks...including a mind eraser and 3 wise man ( the only time I agreed to take this shot). I didn't get sick..but had a wicked hangover and still went to my 8 am class because i'm a nerd.

I had better times at everyone else's 21st (see the drunk thread for the pumpkin head story)...and a few others including one where we got kicked out of a bar and my friend (a girl) wanted to make out with me for her b-day even though her boyfriend was right there... :shock: :?
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,935
    edited November 2011
    being in the Navy you can appreciate this Conman.

Ok. Smart guy I am I get put on restriction 60 days lose 1/2 month for two months. Ok, no big deal. Doing my time, still drinking and going where I want. Until I get busted AGAIN while ON restriction. We were going to the amphib base to a bar there called "THE GATOR GARDENS" , I of course would sit in the back seat of the car. At THAT time only th edriver was required to show ID.

I spent my 21 st in the midst of 120 days straight restriction. lost a 1/2 for three months in a row. But the kicker was the last half month loss of pay of the first "charge" and the first half month loss of pay of the last "charge" OVERLAPPED!!!!! I didnt get a cent that middle month. for a smoker out at sea no less for wargames it kinda sucked.

I do recall though going into the quickstop bx to get my 12 pk wearing dungerees so I wouldnt get carded on my Bday.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i don't recall do anything too crazy

ah yes...

if memory serves...i went out to dinner with a bunch of friends...might have been olive garden. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i don't recall do anything too crazy

The 20K club didn't exist then..so it couldn't have been toooo exciting... :D
    mickeyrat wrote:

Ok. Smart guy I am I get put on restriction 60 days lose 1/2 month for two months. Ok, no big deal. Doing my time, still drinking and going where I want. Until I get busted AGAIN while ON restriction. We were going to the amphib base to a bar there called "THE GATOR GARDENS" , I of course would sit in the back seat of the car. At THAT time only th edriver was required to show ID.

I spent my 21 st in the midst of 120 days straight restriction. lost a 1/2 for three months in a row. But the kicker was the last half month loss of pay of the first "charge" and the first half month loss of pay of the last "charge" OVERLAPPED!!!!! I didnt get a cent that middle month. for a smoker out at sea no less for wargames it kinda sucked.
    damn that's rough... you sound like a real fuck up! :P

i kid i kid
  • I remember pieces of that day. Started at 11am and ended somewhere around 6-7am

I remember a few bars, 30 packs and a smashed guitar
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    that would be 1989 for me, another year that I do not remember much of. I think I was a junior in college. It meant nothing in terms of drinking as I think I drank more before I turned 21
    afroannnie wrote:
    I was a year ahead of most of my friends in college because I transferred schools a couple of times..but one of my friends that took me out was a rugby player...I had many drinks...including a mind eraser and 3 wise man ( the only time I agreed to take this shot). I didn't get sick..but had a wicked hangover and still went to my 8 am class because i'm a nerd.

I had better times at everyone else's 21st (see the drunk thread for the pumpkin head story)...and a few others including one where we got kicked out of a bar and my friend (a girl) wanted to make out with me for her b-day even though her boyfriend was right there... :shock: :?
    well, did you make out with her?? you didn't turn down your friends birthday wish did you?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    man...that was a crazy night......

will (try to) collect my thoughts & share them soon....
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    conman wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

well, did you make out with her?? you didn't turn down your friends birthday wish did you?

A little..but it was a little weird because I like boys. I say this now this now, but if Jennifer Aniston or Natlie Portman asked me to "celebrate" their birthday, I may not be able to say no. :lol: :? :oops:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    afroannnie wrote:
    and a few others including one where we got kicked out of a bar and my friend (a girl) wanted to make out with me for her b-day even though her boyfriend was right there... :shock: :?

pictures?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    and a few others including one where we got kicked out of a bar and my friend (a girl) wanted to make out with me for her b-day even though her boyfriend was right there... :shock: :?

pictures?

:lol::lol: this was before digital cameras and iPhones so no...it really wasn't for that long...we were at the 2nd bar...after getting kicked out of the first bar because she tried to hug me while we were sitting on bar stools and she fell on top of me.. :? her boyfriend was annoyed with the "situation"..that's all I really remember. I'm a good friend..I drink alot to celebrate everyone's bday.
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    I was in college in Olympia, WA. My sister came to visit and a huge crew of my friends and I went to my favorite bar called The Brotherhood, it was downstairs from the old union office, I think Longshoreman. I'd been going there for years. Anyway, we got super shitfaced, I had a beer hat that a friend decorated in stickers like Creed, Britney Spears and Kid Rock. I kept winning at the pull tab game and my prizes included a 3 pound bag of M & Ms, a 3 pack of costco size mayonnaise, a 12 pack of canned corn and something else. This was a great bar.

Then the rest of my family flew out and we rented a beach house and smoked weed together for the first time. It was special. 8-)
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    I

Then the rest of my family flew out and we rented a beach house and smoked weed together for the first time. It was special. 8-)

:thumbup: Ahh..good to see that others share "special time" with their fam. We did this for Thanksgiving one year. Best. Meal. Ever. :D:D
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    I was in college in Olympia, WA. My sister came to visit and a huge crew of my friends and I went to my favorite bar called The Brotherhood, it was downstairs from the old union office, I think Longshoreman. I'd been going there for years. Anyway, we got super shitfaced, I had a beer hat that a friend decorated in stickers like Creed, Britney Spears and Kid Rock. I kept winning at the pull tab game and my prizes included a 3 pound bag of M & Ms, a 3 pack of costco size mayonnaise, a 12 pack of canned corn and something else. This was a great bar.

:lol::lol:

that's awesome! sounds like you got a cool family ;)
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    conman wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    conman wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

:lol::lol:

that's awesome! sounds like you got a cool family ;)

It was awesome. And yeah, my family is the best.
    afroannnie wrote:

:thumbup: Ahh..good to see that others share "special time" with their fam. We did this for Thanksgiving one year. Best. Meal. Ever. :D:D

I bet no one fought that year. :lol:

RYEzupSF wrote:

Everyone was very happy. Although it was weird because for some reason my parents don't want my younger brother to "know" even though they get stuff from sister. :?

Anyway, my mom tried to hide it from my younger brother, so she kept saying" hey! I need to show you something in the garage" to the rest of us. :?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    this...
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    a 3 pound bag of M & Ms, a 3 pack of costco size mayonnaise, a 12 pack of canned corn and something else.

must have made this...
    RYEzupSF wrote:

really awesome! :P
    afroannnie wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

Everyone was very happy. Although it was weird because for some reason my parents don't want my younger brother to "know" even though they get stuff from sister. :?

Anyway, my mom tried to hide it from my younger brother, so she kept saying" hey! I need to show you something in the garage" to the rest of us. :?
    :lol:
    norm wrote:
    this...
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    a 3 pound bag of M & Ms, a 3 pack of costco size mayonnaise, a 12 pack of canned corn and something else.

must have made this...
    RYEzupSF wrote:

really awesome! :P

hahahaha pretty much. Except the mayonnaise I used to mayonnaise my buddy's house. The chocolate and the corn went over well though.

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,935
    conman wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

damn that's rough... you sound like a real fuck up! :P

i kid i kid
    Its all good. Its also how I came to start the 12 step recovery thread. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Great thread! My 21st was a complete shitshow. Went out with a bunch of people, including an ex-boyfriend and his friend that I had just started dating (Ahh the stupid shit we do in our early 20's!). So we went to downtown Chicago on Rush street and just went barhopping. We started at about 7:00 and I thought it would be a great idea to do a different shot at every bar we stopped in. I have a fuzzy memory of dancing on tables at Mother's and maybe even doing karaoke downstairs...I really feel bad for whoever had to witness that! I thought I was super cool and tried to impress my new guy with my drinking skills, but before it even turned midnight I was puking in an alleyway between a couple bars :oops: Woke up the next morning having absolutely no recollection of how I got home...

This pretty much describes the first few years of me being of legal drinking age!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Back in the day ... my day
    legal age was 18 and I didn't drink, I wasn't interested in alcohol at all.

boy that changed :lol:
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    You're going back way too far for me, I was legal when the age was 18 but I was going to bars since I was 14. I always hung out with older people.

But I can honestly say I've never been obnoxiously drunk anytime in my life. The closet I came is when I stormed the stage toward PJ during Baba at a Camden show hoping Ed would toss me a tambourine :D

I was too late though, by the time I got to the stage he was done tossing them :(
  • I got sick from too many Dr. Peppers & an ill-advised shot of Goldschlager. :roll:

Not nearly as good as afroannie's story. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    I was in the Army at the time and we flew back to Ft. Hood (Texas) the day after my 21st. The unit was on a month long exercise in Arizona.

I got to my room, showered went to the PX bought a six pack, had 1/2 a beer (maybe) and went to bed. :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • In NY the legal drinking age went from 18, then 19 and then 21... I was legal for 3 months when I turned 19 and then they changed the age to 21 without a granfather's clause...

So I got two stories :lol: :twisted:
    GoiMTvP.gif