Itchy
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    Nervous
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    Really, Really Good!!
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    So hungry that I am about to have a spell!
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    marilor said:

Annafalk said:

marilor said:

Irritated against my partner : i had to explain my PJ obsession while i ate my breakfast...Grrrr

I think it's great to have interests and be passionate about for example PJ ;) doesn't your partner have any interests or hobbies?
    He's not passionate for anything... He just loves rebuilt his new house and i think we have less things in common than before : I have been accused not to love enough my daughter and prefer PJ !!! I didn't understand his behaviour and i feel so disappointed and angry : how can he compare our daughter and PJ : it doesn't make sense at all ! I'd like to explain why i love PJ but with an open-minded person and not with a judge !

I feel your pain marilor as I've been there myself over the years. I guess I just stopped trying to explain. I don't want him to share this (love of pj music and the experience). This belongs just to me and is separate from him. I think in the beginning he was a bit threatened by this somehow as stupid as that sounds. Having been married almost 20 years @-) we now understand, appreciate and desire some separateness and realize it makes our relationship stronger to nurture our own selves somehow. It definitely helps if I pay close attention when he's talking about his passions (fast cars, collector cars, horsepower, torque, tire sizes etc... :| ) even though I personally am not that interested. Maybe your partner needs a hobby?
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    happy
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Meh...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    RKCNDY said:

Meh...

yeah..sounds right
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Meh here too
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    Tired
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,481
    for some reason...just awesome :) work is done, I'm enjoying a beer and have the stereo cranked with some PJ Sydney 2014, just in a great mood right now...does it get any better
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    Feeling really disappointed that some of the club members who post on these forums are full of hate and venom toward their fellow fans club members. That's just so not Pearl Jam vibe. Mustn't let the rotten apples spoil the barrel because,really, so many of you out there are truly amazing- just the best bunch of good folks in the whole world!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Seething with anger at a stupid health care system & in an awful lot of pain.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    marilormarilor St Etienne, France Posts: 618
    brianlux said:

Feeling really disappointed that some of the club members who post on these forums are full of hate and venom toward their fellow fans club members. That's just so not Pearl Jam vibe. Mustn't let the rotten apples spoil the barrel because,really, so many of you out there are truly amazing- just the best bunch of good folks in the whole world!

Thanks for the nice words ! So proud that some of us try again and again to share love and tolerance through our forums... and fight against apathy...
    =D>
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • Options
    marilormarilor St Etienne, France Posts: 618
    ldent42 said:

Seething with anger at a stupid health care system & in an awful lot of pain.

Hope you'll feel better soon !!!
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • Options
    ozgurkdozgurkd Juneau, Alaska Posts: 434
    iyiyim sanırım
    Living is no laughing matter: you must live with great seriousness like a squirrel for example - I mean without looking for something beyond and above living, I mean living must be your whole occupation.
    Nazım Hikmet
  • Options
    tired!!!!!!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    marilor said:

brianlux said:

Thanks for the nice words ! So proud that some of us try again and again to share love and tolerance through our forums... and fight against apathy...
    =D>
    Thank you marilor! I've always thought it's very cool that this site is community.pearljam.com and I appreciate so many of you here that make it feel like community. It's a good place to be. :-)

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,481
    fucking great!!!!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124

Tired

from itchy?
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    How I feeling right now???

hmm.

like jelly.

and maybe some newspapers
  • Options
    out of my mind
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Calm and grateful for a long getaway that allowed me to de-stress, regain critical thinking skills and focus on 'the moment' and staying out of my head and negativity. I feel sane ( ;)) ) ; it's been awhile! This positive, non-reactionary, serene thing is a work in progress - one moment at a time.
  • Options
    And I feel good to be back here and seeing how everyone is.

Brianlux - keep fighting the good fight.
    Dimitirs - i hope that whatever ails your nephew is going well
    smarchee - hope the move is going well

And hope all who aren't feeling well, physically or mentally, are on the other side soon. :)>-
  • Options
    njnancy said:

And I feel good to be back here and seeing how everyone is.

Brianlux - keep fighting the good fight.
    Dimitirs - i hope that whatever ails your nephew is going well
    smarchee - hope the move is going well

And hope all who aren't feeling well, physically or mentally, are on the other side soon. :)>-

Thanks Nancy.

Feeling really, really sad after hearing the news about Robin Williams. I wish there was a way to reach out to those in the depths of major depression- such a difficult place to be.

Wishing everyone here well.

• Options
    YW brianlux and I too am stunned about Robin Williams; I don't want to believe it.

Clinical depression (what I have) is similar to severe, major, etc depression. And the worst part is no matter if you are on medication and seeing a doctor; there are always times that it grabs you for awhile and the first thing you do is stop talking to people - so it's a bitch cause when you need help the most; you are pushing the world away.

I hate the damn disease for taking away another genius. God, do I hate it. But I can't let hate win; I need to remember the joy he has brought me for decades.
  • Options
    njnancy said:

YW brianlux and I too am stunned about Robin Williams; I don't want to believe it.

Clinical depression (what I have) is similar to severe, major, etc depression. And the worst part is no matter if you are on medication and seeing a doctor; there are always times that it grabs you for awhile and the first thing you do is stop talking to people - so it's a bitch cause when you need help the most; you are pushing the world away.

I hate the damn disease for taking away another genius. God, do I hate it. But I can't let hate win; I need to remember the joy he has brought me for decades.

Yeah, it's a damn hard thing to face. I was in and out of that black hole of major depression for several years and feel very fortunate to have always found my way back... alive. I really keep vigilant for those times when depression creeps back and when it's there I go to work on it doing all the things I know how to do, the main thing being to tell myself again and again to not forget the light on the other side. I think the reason losing Williams hit me so hard is that I can't fully explain why someone like me is still here and he is not and it just seems wrong that he is gone.
    All the more reason to remember Williams for the huge gifts he's left us.

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,768
    All over the map - super stoked that I got to see my niece and my sister in law no matter for how brief a time, truly saddened by the loss of Robin Williams, dreading going back to work after 3 weeks off but feeling blessed to of had the best vacation I've had in a long time.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Going to work when you have a newborn at home sucks.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23