2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    smarchee said:

Dazed. The area that I grew up in was devastated by tornadoes today. A small town just gone. I'm so disconnected from there now but still feel this sense of belonging there on some level and to be so far away and see familiar places leveled is mind blowing. I hope everyone is ok and can rebuild.

what was the area?

There were tornadoes northwest of the Toronto area today

Northeast Nebraska. The town is Pilger. I grew up just a couple of miles from there. The town I grew up in and Pilger share a consolidated school system so the two towns are closely connected. I still have friends and their families there. I recognize the destroyed buildings/streets when I see them on the news. I recognize the names. A 5 year old was killed and her mother is in critical condition in a medically induced coma after being caught in the tornado trying to get to safety from their mobile home. The elementary school is destroyed. This was a 100 year old solid brick building. Mind blowing. All of the businesses are gone. It was a tiny community (less than 300 people). I have no idea how they can recover from this. When it was clear that the tornado was marching right through town, the manager of the bank told his employees to get in the vault. The only thing is, the vault has to be locked from the outside. So he stayed out, locked the door and found refuge in a tiny nook in the basement. He survived as did all of his employees.

Not to get too cheesy on you all...

If I think too much I can get overwhelmed by the grace by which we live our lives with death over our shoulders.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    I had the weather channel on the other day when the storm chaser's were sending the live footage. A local farmer who has lived all his life said he had about a five minute warning thanks to the live feed since there are no sirens in his area. When he went outside to go to the neighbors to seek shelter he could see the rare double vortex coming. His home and farm was destroyed but grateful to have survived. Thank goodness school was out of session. That bank manager is a very brave person and a hero in my eyes. Putting himself in harms way to ensure the safety of others is ....well heroic. The news said 15 others are in critical condition. 5 years old is just tragic beyond words and I pray for her mother. Childhood places, memories hold dear to our hearts, and is completely understandable how you must feel a sense of loss as well.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Frustrated. I wanna sleep but for some reason sleep won't come.
    The Wi-Fi in this hotel sucks so bad it only works on my phone, my laptop disables it for being unstable. And once again Lyca Mobile won't fucking give me my credit so I can get some service on my phone! Ugh!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Cold its really cold here at the moment, but the sun has come out as well.. :)
  • Options
    marilormarilor St Etienne, France Posts: 618
    So depressed today, need to talk :
    I should be in Milan today to see them... I think about it for several days : I didn't buy my ticket because :
    1 - Not enough money (it happens ...no job, no money...I made this choice because of my daughter but Jeez ! it's such a very big sacrifice from me!)
    2- Because of health pb : i don't hear anything on the right side, except syrigmus, since the end of february and i have to be operated on the 30th june. So i must protect my ear...
    I hope (in fact i'm afraid of it) it won't happen on my left ear because it means I won't be able to listen PJ anymore. It's so hard to imagine....
    The worst thing is even if i will be operated soon, i won't hear more. They will just change a prothesis inside to avoid vertigos. Well, not funny...
    I want to enjoy music but it's a pb even with my mp3 : I can't listen Stone playing! Imagine Alive without him, or Just Breath, and so many others.... he's essential.
    Well i stop here... don't want you to get bored w/ my pb...
    Just would like to be in San Siro Stadium tonight... lots of thoughts for our friends there...have fun!
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Bored at work and mildly hungover
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    marilor said:

So depressed today, need to talk :
    I should be in Milan today to see them... I think about it for several days : I didn't buy my ticket because :
    1 - Not enough money (it happens ...no job, no money...I made this choice because of my daughter but Jeez ! it's such a very big sacrifice from me!)
    2- Because of health pb : i don't hear anything on the right side, except syrigmus, since the end of february and i have to be operated on the 30th june. So i must protect my ear...
    I hope (in fact i'm afraid of it) it won't happen on my left ear because it means I won't be able to listen PJ anymore. It's so hard to imagine....
    The worst thing is even if i will be operated soon, i won't hear more. They will just change a prothesis inside to avoid vertigos. Well, not funny...
    I want to enjoy music but it's a pb even with my mp3 : I can't listen Stone playing! Imagine Alive without him, or Just Breath, and so many others.... he's essential.
    Well i stop here... don't want you to get bored w/ my pb...
    Just would like to be in San Siro Stadium tonight... lots of thoughts for our friends there...have fun!

Hope your operation goes well Marilor! O:-)
  • Options
    Thankful that my wife is okay with me sitting in my bar drinking beer while her mother and grandmother are visiting.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    my arms hurt...carrying a 50 lb CD rack around the corner is a lot of work
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

my arms hurt...carrying a 50 lb CD rack around the corner is a lot of work

Yeah, that shit is heavy. I borrowed about a tub of cd's from the guy across the street and used his kid's wagon to drag it to my house.

Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    hahahahha...Easy Street had a huge particleboard CD bookshelf like thingie on the sidewalk with a FREE sign on it. So I went and found parking, and went to get it...I didn't realize how heavy it was gonna be!

then some idiot guys were all yelling at me, "wow, that's a big piece of wood" not once did they offer to help just stood there and kept making comments :eyeroll:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

hahahahha...Easy Street had a huge particleboard CD bookshelf like thingie on the sidewalk with a FREE sign on it. So I went and found parking, and went to get it...I didn't realize how heavy it was gonna be!

then some idiot guys were all yelling at me, "wow, that's a big piece of wood" not once did they offer to help just stood there and kept making comments :eyeroll:

Gotta love helpful bystanders....
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    okay...they weren't just standing there...they were eating their lunch off the top of the dumpster

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Well, they were obviously busy.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

okay...they weren't just standing there...they were eating their lunch off the top of the dumpster

EWWW, eating on top of a dumpster?

:-&
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

EWWW, eating on top of a dumpster?

:-&
    Better than out of a dumpster.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    so much pain at leg..limping...but after that Milan show last night...i mean..seriously...epic crowd..setlist.show.drunk.eddie wine..she gave me tambourine...that pain cant put me down...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Hope you are ok and having a good time, Dimitri
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    kinda shitty....have a headache and am all congested in my throat and chest this morning, Thank you allergies!!!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    marilormarilor St Etienne, France Posts: 618

so much pain at leg..limping...but after that Milan show last night...i mean..seriously...epic crowd..setlist.show.drunk.eddie wine..she gave me tambourine...that pain cant put me down...

I would accept any pain after a such night !!! You lucky guy !!! <:-P
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • Options
    Really sad im up alone this morning, dont get me wrong I love my own company.. but I was hoping for at most some company but then I dont think with all the excitement we have here I could handle the dogs barking when he goes off urg to early cant even handle it anytime of day
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    Lazy..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Shitty...I've got a migraine I can't get rid of....excedrin didn't work this morning...asprin didn't work this afternoon.....my neck won't pop or loosen up....I don't know what caused this headache, but i woke up with it...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Tired from wrestling in my sleep....
  • Options
    jallardjallard Montreal Posts: 46
    Hate trolls! Especially one but not on this forum. It's sad that evolution theory has exceptions too, cuz that one should not have been able to reach 2014. :(|)
    Ouate de phoque?
  • Options
    Woke up with a cold today, sore throat and couldn't breath...luckily I found some DAYQUIL and now I can at least breath again!!! lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    tired
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14