Options

4-12-1994...wow!!!!!

pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
edited April 2008 in The Porch
1994-04-12 Boston Massachusetts Orpheum Theater
Set 1 Oceans, Even Flow, Sonic Reducer, State Of Love And Trust, Hard To Imagine, Immortality/(Hey Hey My My), Go, Animal, Glorified G, Daughter/(Suck You Dry), Alone, Not For You, Better Man, Rats, Blood
Encore 1 Release, Tremor Christ, Once, Fuckin' Up, Dirty Frank, Yellow Ledbetter, Jam, Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, I've Got a Feeling

14 years ago today.....

What more can you say about this show??? A setlist made by the crew.....Orpheum Theater in Boston.....How blown away would you be if you got this set today? There is a great video of this floating around if you can find it...How I wish I could have been there. I know some of you were, and all I can say to you is...LUCKY FUCKERS!!! :D
Never, ever, flipping forget
"Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Set 1 Oceans, Even Flow, Sonic Reducer, State Of Love And Trust, Hard To Imagine, Immortality/(Hey Hey My My), Go, Animal, Glorified G, Daughter/(Suck You Dry), Alone, Not For You, Better Man, Rats, Blood
    Encore 1 Release, Tremor Christ, Once, Fuckin' Up, Dirty Frank, Yellow Ledbetter, Jam, Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, I've Got a Feeling

14 years ago today.....

What more can you say about this show??? A setlist made by the crew.....Orpheum Theater in Boston.....How blown away would you be if you got this set today? There is a great video of this floating around if you can find it...How I wish I could have been there. I know some of you were, and all I can say to you is...LUCKY FUCKERS!!! :D
    Great setlist, and remember they were tight as hell on that tour.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    MahoneMahone Posts: 62
    I was there, I would love to get a video of the show! I have the audio, but I've got a feeling cuts off.
    4.6.94 Springfield 4.12.94 Boston III (Orpheum) 10.2.96 Hartford 9.16.98 Mansfield II 8.29.00 Mansfield I 7.11.03 Mansfield III 9.29.04 Boston II 5.24.06 Boston I 6.30.08 Mansfield II
  • Options
    Great setlist, and remember they were tight as hell on that tour.

Yes....I said it earlier this week....The '94 tour was SOOOOO underrated in terms of how good the band was playing even during such a turbulent time! I LOVE these shows...

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Even Flow as second song would've killed it for me.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I became a TEN CLUB member the very next day!!!
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Posts: 250
    I'm listening to the show the day before...4-11-94 live at the boston garden. amazing energy, passion, crowd response. Just an amazing performance. my addiction started 14 years ago with this show. I still vividly remember hearing the entire crowd sing along, the garden balcony swaying, Ed breaking thru the stage and exiting thru the hole. To think, some of these shows may have never happened. I remember their being some debate following Kurt's death if PJ would continue w/ their tour. Glad they did. Can't wait for June!
    "I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer
  • Options
    Smile_dad wrote:
    I became a TEN CLUB member the very next day!!!

Just curious what number that got you assuming that you have kept current all these years?

I have been hanging out with this show ALL day, and I am AMAZED at what a show this was...UTTERLY STELLAR!!! Even as angry as ed was with everything, he put so much into this show..DF...SOLAT....SR...HTI...IGAF.....RATS...RELEASE as the ENCORE OPENER....WOW!! just fucking WOW!!!

• Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    I missed the show a few weeks earlier in St. Pete.

Should have known better because the '92 show here was already legendary.

I finally wised up.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    go prego pre Posts: 650
    this is easily my favorite bootleg. i was totally floored the first time i listened to it. simply amazing.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    go pre wrote:
    this is easily my favorite bootleg. i was totally floored the first time i listened to it. simply amazing.

As I sit here watching, I find myself thinking of some of the BEST of the BEST...11-6-00 Seattle....9-11-98 MSG....5-3-03 State College.... This show just MIGHT be the BEST show EVER.....Never sounded better....never tighter...Not sure there has ever been a better SETLIST....Just might be!!:D

Discuss....;)

• Options
    i could almost make an argument for the vic show as being comparable to the orpheum show, but that's kind of like comparing barry bonds (if he weren't a cheater) and babe ruth. two totally different eras.

but in my mind, 4/12/94 is the best, hands down. they were tight. and i've got a feeling is just amazing. what is it, like 15 minutes? it's been a while since i've listened to this boot (i never knew there was video of it, can't even imagine that), but i'll never forget how amazed i was the first time listening. my jaw got closer to the ground with each song. i considered myself a pj freak before listening to this show, but it's what really pushed me over the edge.
  • Options
    the dvd is pretty cool too
  • Options
    WHERE CAN WE GET THE VIDEO AND/OR MUSIC FILES??? I've wanted this show for a while. I cherish any and all shows from '91-95.
    "Smokey, this is not Nam, this is bowling. There are rules. If you mark that frame an 8 you are entering a world of pain."
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    WHERE CAN WE GET THE VIDEO AND/OR MUSIC FILES??? I've wanted this show for a while. I cherish any and all shows from '91-95.

If I'm not mistaken, the dvd is NFT (not for trade) so it doesn't get around much. The audio should be easier to obtain.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    As I sit here watching, I find myself thinking of some of the BEST of the BEST...11-6-00 Seattle....9-11-98 MSG....5-3-03 State College.... This show just MIGHT be the BEST show EVER.....Never sounded better....never tighter...Not sure there has ever been a better SETLIST....Just might be!!:D

Discuss....;)

Its hard to pick a best pj show, they equal their tighness alot, thats the problem, you have to admit it. 1 thing is certain these mother fuckers spent a ton of time on the road touring ten, so that would help explain the cohessiveness.
    None the less the setlist is great.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    Pearl JenPearl Jen Posts: 136
    Yeah I love this show! One of my favorite versions of "Immortality", love the diff. lyrics. Wasn't this show the first time it was played live?
  • Options
    Pearl Jen wrote:
    Yeah I love this show! One of my favorite versions of "Immortality", love the diff. lyrics. Wasn't this show the first time it was played live?
    just going by memory, i believe this was the second time it was played live, the first being a day or two earlier at the garden. i love the different lyrics, though. maybe even better than what made the album.
  • Options
    go pre wrote:
    i love the different lyrics, though. maybe even better than what made the album.

Yeah I agree. I want to hear "Immortality" live. I love the jam in the middle.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,253
    The 3rd of 3 great nights fo me.
    This 3 night stretch vaulted PJ from a band I really liked to my co-favorite band of all time.
    Such a great live band.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Bump for a dowload link.

Please...
  • Options
    CynCyn Posts: 21
    Poncier we have got to talk sometime ! Those were 3 awesome and wonderful amazing once in a lifetimes I feel blessed that I got to witness them. No other band stood a chance of being my favorite ever again after that.
    I really would like to get to met both of you who were there also we should make a point to meet sometime during this upcomming tour.
    PM me.

Smiles,
    Cyn

P.S.
    Let me know which other shows you are going to I am doing 8 this time and I can't wait !!!!!! Call me insane or just call me a PJ fan ! (hehehe)
    "I won't change direction and I won't change my mind, how much difference does it make?"
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385

14 years ago today.....

that is a sick set list anyone have a boot of that
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,179
    you can find it on pearljamlive.com
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Poncier wrote:
    The 3rd of 3 great nights fo me.
    This 3 night stretch vaulted PJ from a band I really liked to my co-favorite band of all time.
    Such a great live band.

Somewhere in the download and share thread, a few days after I joined this board and rediscovered this boot, this was pretty much what I said word for word ...

EDIT ... this was my quote - ".... it's the show that this band made "the leap" in my mind ... from a great band to THE band for me."

For me, it was just this show though ... such and amazing show.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    you can find it on pearljamlive.com

But you can't download from there, right?
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383

14 years ago today.....

Now thats a Setlist ! I want this show.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,943
    i have a dvd copy of this show, but i dont have a burner. the show does indeed rock.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I '24
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Posts: 250
    Remember when the Ten Club sent out the Rats mp3? Turns out it was from this Orpheum show.

Thought they would be releasing some stuff from their vault by now. Obviously this show would rank right up there as far as shows in demand, and th 9-11-98 MSG show too. Any others come to mind as must have PJ shows?
    "I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer
  • Options
    ontheroad wrote:
    Remember when the Ten Club sent out the Rats mp3? Turns out it was from this Orpheum show.

Thought they would be releasing some stuff from their vault by now. Obviously this show would rank right up there as far as shows in demand, and th 9-11-98 MSG show too. Any others come to mind as must have PJ shows?

-Den Haag, Holland '92
    -Red Rocks 6/21/95
    -Melbourne 3/17/95
    -Atlanta 4/3/94

A few of my faves.
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,563
    the dvd is pretty cool too

Great vid! Too bad the sound sucks..
    I will swallow poison