Was I just let down gently?

2»

Comments

• OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514
    edited November 2012
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • pandora wrote:

Fear holds us back... be fearless in love!

This!
    I should start listening to that line!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    Or she could be playing hard to get, which if that's the case I'd recommend staying away. Who wants to start a relationship with games?

It is immature and very adolescent.
    If a girl indicates to me she is not interested I will not keep trying and play into childish games.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Suzi78Suzi78 Posts: 362
    She most likely did think you were really nice and funny...but that's probably all there was. She probably didn't feel any chemistry and/or attraction but doesn't have the heart to tell you that, and obviously doesn't want to waste your time knowing she's not really into you. Telling someone 'hey, sorry for the late reply, been a really busy week. Pretty flat out this time of year and my weekends are booked up. I will let you know if they free up'
    is the same thing as saying "I'm not really into you, so this is it. I hope you understand". It is NOT playing hard to get, trust me on that one.
    Move on. There are lots of other nice girls out there, and besides, why want somebody that doesn't want you? :)
    How I choose to feel is how I am
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    She's not just a chick playing mind games :roll: ; she's most likely a chick who's really busy and honest about it. I don't think she's letting you down gently. Sounds to me like she liked you and is interested in seeing you again (isn't that what she SAID?) - but isn't yet interested enough to drop whatever she's doing to see you. Seems reasonable to me. Why can't people just take what others say at face value without reading stuff into it?

While I agree that she would probably make time if she REALLY REALLY liked you, why does she have to like you that much when she just met you? Isn't there any room to be interested in someone while you're still getting to know them? Can't there be any middle ground? You can go ahead and close the door on her if that's what YOU want, but it doesn't sound like she's closed the door on you.

Sorry, but this is a big pet peeve of mine. I basically stopped dating for awhile because so many guys can't seem to handle the fact that I have a really busy life and they always get all hurt and think I'm blowing them off. (The guys who can handle it, though, score big points for maturity.)

This girl sounds a lot like me, and my perspective is that I say what I mean and mean what I say and I don't say I'm interested in someone unless I am. But I quickly lose interest in people who second-guess what I say and attach their own meaning to it and are too sensitive to accept that I have a busy life. It's not about them. I'll get together when I can if a guy still wants to, but it might be awhile. If he's lost interest by then, fine. But if he hasn't then it might end up turning into something great. Also, I often feel like the bad guy if I contact someone when I'm not yet ready to give a date of when I'm available, which makes me less likely to contact them even though I'm still interested. So, for me, that's not really an indication of anything.

My advice to you is to appreciate her honesty and believe what she says. (I think it's especially likely to be true if she said it to her friend.) Contact her when you feel like it, but don't have any expectations of her or her time. Don't wait around for her, but if you're interested in her, don't close the door. All things happen in good time. Don't give up the possibility of something you want just because you may be impatient or inclined to assign your own meaning to someone else's words and feelings. It might not happen. But, unless you decide otherwise, it still might.
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    _ wrote:
    She's not just a chick playing mind games :roll: ; she's most likely a chick who's really busy and honest about it. I don't think she's letting you down gently. Sounds to me like she liked you and is interested in seeing you again (isn't that what she SAID?) - but isn't yet interested enough to drop whatever she's doing to see you. Seems reasonable to me. Why can't people just take what others say at face value without reading stuff into it?

While I agree that she would probably make time if she REALLY REALLY liked you, why does she have to like you that much when she just met you? Isn't there any room to be interested in someone while you're still getting to know them? Can't there be any middle ground? You can go ahead and close the door on her if that's what YOU want, but it doesn't sound like she's closed the door on you.

Sorry, but this is a big pet peeve of mine. I basically stopped dating for awhile because so many guys can't seem to handle the fact that I have a really busy life and they always get all hurt and think I'm blowing them off. (The guys who can handle it, though, score big points for maturity.)

This girl sounds a lot like me, and my perspective is that I say what I mean and mean what I say and I don't say I'm interested in someone unless I am. But I quickly lose interest in people who second-guess what I say and attach their own meaning to it and are too sensitive to accept that I have a busy life. It's not about them. I'll get together when I can if a guy still wants to, but it might be awhile. If he's lost interest by then, fine. But if he hasn't then it might end up turning into something great. Also, I often feel like the bad guy if I contact someone when I'm not yet ready to give a date of when I'm available, which makes me less likely to contact them even though I'm still interested. So, for me, that's not really an indication of anything.

My advice to you is to appreciate her honesty and believe what she says. (I think it's especially likely to be true if she said it to her friend.) Contact her when you feel like it, but don't have any expectations of her or her time. Don't wait around for her, but if you're interested in her, don't close the door. All things happen in good time. Don't give up the possibility of something you want just because you may be impatient or inclined to assign your own meaning to someone else's words and feelings. It might not happen. But, unless you decide otherwise, it still might.

Nice words, thank you for your post... The door is not closed yet...

I have a habit of reading too much into things...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    pjfan31 wrote:
    I have a habit of reading too much into things...

I think we all do. Good luck with your new friend. :)
  • You got let down bro. It's pretty obvious. My advice would be to drink a lot.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    _ wrote:

I'm just guessing, but are you single?

If she REALLY likes him, she will make time. We all are "busy" this time of the year. :roll:

Making 30 minutes to meet and grab coffee Isn't asking much.

He may have a chance with her, but when he really needs her is he going to be ok with her "just being too busy"?

My advice, if it's a concern of his now, she will never be right for him.
  • My advice, go out for ice cream as soon as possible!!!!
  • Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    Get your mutual friend to organise a party or night out with a group of people including you both
    Otherwise I think you should write back and see if she can fit in a quick coffee some time
    Take me for a ride before we leave...