Practical jokes in the workplace...

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I used to torment this guy I worked with. I would find the most random pictures off of the net, print them, and replace the photos he had on his desk with them. Only thing was the pictures faced his customers not him. It was hillarious to hear a customer ask him "so why do you have a picture of.....on your desk"? :lol:

Some of my faves are below.

estrada-sm.jpg

nell-carter.jpg

jerry_oconnell.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: I love your sense of humor!

Thank you. :D :thumbup:
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I have a good friend here at work and there have been a couple of instances where I've entered the restoom and noticed his feet under the stalls.

As I leave, I always turn the lights off. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I have a good friend here at work and there have been a couple of instances where I've entered the restoom and noticed his feet under the stalls.

As I leave, I always turn the lights off. :lol:

We do this one too!! The flashlight app on my IPhone is very handy! :lol::lol:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,861
    I wasnt the one that did or came up with the idea but.....

my former employer told a story about jokes being played . One of which was on him as store manager. Other employess had taped raw bacon under his desk. Stunk the joint up something fierce. He then pulled out the sliding keyboard tray , this was one of the areas bacon was taped.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Someone changed the font color on my former ass-hole boss's PC to white....wish that I had thought of it.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    Someone changed the font color on my former ass-hole boss's PC to white....wish that I had thought of it.

That's brilliant!!! :think: :lol:
    This one was pulled on me and it was great. I leave work one day and I'm walking to my car (Toyota Highlander at the time). I open the door and the car was filled with packing peanuts right up to bottom of the window sill so I didn't see it until I opened the door. Front seat...back seat...cargo area just filled. So I scoop out a place to sit, open up the windows and drive home with peanuts flying out of the car the whole ride home. Now this is where it gets good. Two days later I catch shit from MY boss. He calls me into his office and proceeds to rip me a new one. Seems to be that where I had parked my car had left a complaint about a pile of styrofoam peanuts I left in the parking lot and the people that pulled the prank...had taken my company credit card out of my desk and purchased $148 worth of the packing peanuts from U-Haul. Yes, company funds. It was a brutal talking to but after it ended I could only laugh. Those fuckers. 8-):lol:
  • Travelar wrote:
    I like to take a screenshot of peoples desktop, set it as the wallpaper, and move all of the icons to an undisclosed location. People get crazy when they start trying to click on something and it doesn't respond.

Someone at work told me about this trick, we are yet to try it!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,385
    ilockyer wrote:
    Travelar wrote:
    I like to take a screenshot of peoples desktop, set it as the wallpaper, and move all of the icons to an undisclosed location. People get crazy when they start trying to click on something and it doesn't respond.

I'm stealing this one!

Have fun with it. :)
    I targeted one girl at work where every time she left her desk I stole all of her pens and pencils. It was hilarious...at least to me...how pissed off she would get. :lol:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Couple years ago when I worked at a fun company I of course was the only Packer fan in the entire place. The Bears beat the Pack in their first match that year...so I get to my desk on Monday morning and it's COVERED with news articles about how the Bears beat the Packers. They changed my desktop to a Superbowl Shuffle shot, covered my area in blue and orange streamers, and even went so far as to tape Bears pictures on the outside of my window so I couldn't easily take them down. Even my normal desktop items like my stapler and stuff were covered in newspaper articles! Darn Bears fans!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677

Ctrl + Alt + one of the arrows to rotate the screen

We did this to a guy at work today :lol:

He was NOT amused. My cohort/partner in crime fixed it for him, and told him it was just a little joke. The guy said, "Not a good time."

Meaning, he is too busy for nonsense. This is just after his finished a six minute telephone conversation with his child on how to change the channel on a TV.

Thanks for the inspiration!!
  • oona left wrote:

He was NOT amused. My cohort/partner in crime fixed it for him, and told him it was just a little joke. The guy said, "Not a good time."

Meaning, he is too busy for nonsense. This is just after his finished a six minute telephone conversation with his child on how to change the channel on a TV.

When I did it to my colleague she literally screamed in shock, then she cracked up laughing when she realised I had done it.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    oona left wrote:

Unlost lovest the screen rotation prank so much, she does it too herself. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    edited November 2011
    Only mean people play practical jokes. A "friend" hurt me recently with one and I still can't get over it. So, believe me, they are not always funny. BTW, this was done, while I am going through a rough time, with my cat/baby's cancer possibly returning. Some people are heartless bastards.

It's really sad, when someone you trust stabs you in the back, especially when you are feeling blue and you would do anything for him and wouldn't even think to hurt him. After all, isn't friendship about kindness and support. :cry:
    Post edited by pinkbutterfly on
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I only worked for a week in an accounting office for some high school credit. It was back in '94 so no computers were involved. Had the wired telephones too. The only prank I played was taping down the part (I can't think of what it is called) that comes up when you pick up the phone making it so that the phone is still ringing. Went into the mail room and asked him to call what's her face and step a few feet into her cubicle. She was just a little annoyed.
    take all the keys off a keyboard is always fun.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Where I work the office chairs are black, cloth, and pretty spongey. They also hold alot of water. Few cups leads to instant swamp ass. :thumbup:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Where I work the office chairs are black, cloth, and pretty spongey. They also hold alot of water. Few cups leads to instant swamp ass. :thumbup:

that's so wrong
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    careful what you wish for.

Came into the office with my desk decorated with birthday stuff for the big ONE!!! :shock: :oops:

damn.

I still have 4 days of "youngness" people!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

that's so wrong

:thumbup:
  • DS1119 wrote:

Swamp ass...LMAO!
    PJ Manchester MEN - 20.06.12
    PJ Manchester MEN - 21.06.12
    EV Manchester O2 Apollo - 28.07.12
    PJ Leeds Arena - 08.07.14
    DS1119 wrote:

Swamp ass...LMAO!

I've gotten alot of mileage out of this one. :D
    Just need a smile before I make my trek to Thanksgiving dinner. I used to be in a stapling phase at work...haven't done this in a while but may have to break it out again. I'd wait for someone to leave their desk and I would staple as many of their papers that I could together. If they had a desk calendar I'd staple them to that. I'd staple their wall calendar closed...staple the pad of sticky notes...everything paper on their desk got a staple. :D
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    DS1119 wrote:
    Just need a smile before I make my trek to Thanksgiving dinner. I used to be in a stapling phase at work...haven't done this in a while but may have to break it out again. I'd wait for someone to leave their desk and I would staple as many of their papers that I could together. If they had a desk calendar I'd staple them to that. I'd staple their wall calendar closed...staple the pad of sticky notes...everything paper on their desk got a staple. :D

I'm really glad I don't work with you :lol:
    oona left wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I'm really glad I don't work with you :lol:

That's not the first time I've heard that. :lol:
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    DS1119 wrote:

Aw, man. I would actually be mad at this one, I think. Especially if I have silk or some other form of dry-clean only fabric on. Good thing I don't have spongey chairs at work (or work with DS) :mrgreen:
    Suziemay wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Aw, man. I would actually be mad at this one, I think. Especially if I have silk or some other form of dry-clean only fabric on. Good thing I don't have spongey chairs at work (or work with DS) :mrgreen:

Generally it's one of those pranks that I like to think of as a "hit and run" prank. First you hit 'em...and then you run. :lol:
    Anyone have any good ones to add? :lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    DS1119 wrote:
    Anyone have any good ones to add? :lol:

I gave some good ideas to unlost...so she could play them on the "loud lunch muncher" at her old work... :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless