Holy crazy fucker

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    reminds me of people that, while at a red light, waiting to turn left, will try to anticipate the green light and try to race out in front of the opposing car which is going to go straight. I have had people try to do this to me and sometimes it's like playing chicken - go ahead f&cker, let's see who will win this, would love for you to total my 17 year old car and have it be entirely your fault.

hehe...green, i go.....fuck the left turn people. :lol:

it's funny when they get mad about it. I can sometimes tell when someone wants to do it and they kind of give me the nod, signalling to me. I just shake my head oh, no no no. and then full speed ahead at the green
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i feel chicago drivers are too friendly with the yellow light. i hardly see anyone run a yellow light!

in NYC, yellow always meant SPEED THE FUCK UP!

chicago drivers are also super friendly with making turns into crosswalks. so many times i will be walking through an intersection and expect cars to get a little aggressive with making the turn but they actually WAIT for you to walk by!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rival. wrote:
    i feel chicago drivers are too friendly with the yellow light. i hardly see anyone run a yellow light!

come on out to the burbs. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    81 wrote:
    iamica wrote:
    However, in Chicago there seems to be some kind of new unspoken rule that an unlimited number of people are entitled to turn left long after the light turns red...

every day all day long i see this shit when driving....4, 5 cars is not uncommon at the schaumburg/meachem intersection. :x

You are so right, this intersection is horrible. So, is Roselle and Schaumburg, Barrington and Schaumburg. And all of Golf Road.
    I lost a bet...
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    The other day I was driving and this ambulance was coming down the street. I was the ONLY person to pull over. It's like they still teach people to do that, right? It's supposed to be understood! Idiots.

People are just plain ol' rock dumb.
    Oh, and what about school buses? Apparently the flashing red lights and that little flip-out stop sign are purely decorative these days.
    JTH wrote:
    The other day I was driving and this ambulance was coming down the street. I was the ONLY person to pull over. It's like they still teach people to do that, right? It's supposed to be understood! Idiots.

People are just plain ol' rock dumb.
    Oh, and what about school buses? Apparently the flashing red lights and that little flip-out stop sign are purely decorative these days.

they are if you are on a 4 lane road going in the opposite direction. :P

i hate when people stop for those.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    iamica wrote:
    However, in Chicago there seems to be some kind of new unspoken rule that an unlimited number of people are entitled to turn left long after the light turns red...

every day all day long i see this shit when driving....4, 5 cars is not uncommon at the schaumburg/meachem intersection. :x

You are so right, this intersection is horrible. So, is Roselle and Schaumburg, Barrington and Schaumburg. And all of Golf Road.

hi ya neighbor.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    81 wrote:

hi ya neighbor.

Howdy! Are you gearing up for the insane holiday shopping traffic around Woodfield?!? Nice to know there are other PJ fanatics out in the 'burbs.
    I lost a bet...
    81 wrote:

hi ya neighbor.

Howdy! Are you gearing up for the insane holiday shopping traffic around Woodfield?!? Nice to know there are other PJ fanatics out in the 'burbs.

quite a few in the area....mamasan23 is around the corner...somebody else is in schaumburg, i forget their name...starts with an m...

i only go to woodfield for lunch, so no biggie...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Nope. Not true, unless it's a divided highway. If it's just a regular road, then everyone's got to stop, regardless of how many lanes of traffic there are.

And that divided highway exception isn't a universal thing. You're still legally required to stop in New York and some southern states.
  • :lol::lol::lol:
    81 I think you are my soul mate. That's exactly what I do. Sometimes I blow kisses. So fun to see the crazy people get even more worked up
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    :lol::lol::lol:
    81 I think you are my soul mate. That's exactly what I do. Sometimes I blow kisses. So fun to see the crazy people get even more worked up

So that was you!!! dammit!!!
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:

So that was you!!! dammit!!!
    maybe :shifty:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    JTH wrote:
    81 wrote:

Nope. Not true, unless it's a divided highway. If it's just a regular road, then everyone's got to stop, regardless of how many lanes of traffic there are.

And that divided highway exception isn't a universal thing. You're still legally required to stop in New York and some southern states.

and you would be incorrect and getting an earful of my horn....

http://www.isbe.state.il.us/funding/pdf ... torist.pdf
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

why hello there.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,642
    You guys really need to drive around Boston a little more.

In my 8 mile commute home yesterday, I saw three collisions.

Woot!

That was totally my one experience while being driven around Boston. It was like, are there any cars or any people around here who haven't been in a wreck? Totally insane mayhem but in an odd way, part of the cities charm much like Rome that way.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    brianlux wrote:

Woot!

That was totally my one experience while being driven around Boston. It was like, are there any cars or any people around here who haven't been in a wreck? Totally insane mayhem but in an odd way, part of the cities charm much like Rome that way.

The really twisted thing is when they open up the shoulders of the road for rush hour traffic. I had no idea this happened and I missed my exit because some guy blew by me on the right side. :wtf:
    81 wrote:
    JTH wrote:
    81 wrote:

and you would be incorrect and getting an earful of my horn....

http://www.isbe.state.il.us/funding/pdf ... torist.pdf
    Wow. I stand corrected. I wonder how long that's been the law. It sure wasn't that way when I got my license back in the late 20th century.
    JTH wrote:
    Wow. I stand corrected. I wonder how long that's been the law. It sure wasn't that way when I got my license back in the late 20th century.

it's been that way since my driving days began. i remember it being in the study book that the ohio dmv gave out to people applying for a learners permit.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    JTH wrote:

it's been that way since my driving days began. i remember it being in the study book that the ohio dmv gave out to people applying for a learners permit.
    Perhaps my driver's ed teacher was lying to me.

Now someone needs find the NY State rules of the road to either back me up on that law or totally discredit me.
    JTH wrote:
    Now someone needs find the NY State rules of the road to either back me up on that law or totally discredit me.

you win this round my friend. *shakes fist*

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/dmanual/ch ... manual.htm
    When a stopped school bus flashes its red light(s), traffic approaching from either direction, even in front of the school and in school parking lots, must stop before reaching the bus. You should stop at least 20 feet (6 m) away from the bus. You can identify this bus by a "SCHOOL BUS" sign, the red lights on top, and its unique yellow/orange color.

Before a school bus stops to load or unload passengers, the driver will usually flash yellow warning lights. When you see them, slow down and be prepared to stop.

Once stopped for a school bus, you may not drive again until the red lights stop flashing or when the bus driver or a traffic officer waves you on. This law applies on all roadways in New York State. You must stop for a school bus even if it is on the opposite side of a divided highway.

After stopping for a school bus, watch for children along the side of the road. Drive slowly until you have passed them.

Safety Tip: Most school bus-related deaths and injuries occur while children are crossing the street after leaving the bus, not in collisions involving school buses.

Keep in mind that vehicles transporting disabled persons may be equipped as school buses, and you must stop for them just as you would for other school buses.

The fine for passing a stopped school bus ranges from a minimum of $250 for a first violation to a maximum of $1,000 for three violations in three years. In addition, if you are convicted of three such violations in three years, your license will be revoked for a minimum of six
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,675
    When I know that I have a crazy driver behind me, I generally to try make things worse for him/her. I love when its a 2 lane road and the guy behind me is tailgating me, I'll pull up beside someone who is driving real slow and drive beside them, you wanna see someone flip out cause they can't pass, fucking funny.
    If its in town and their tailgating, like to tap the breaks, again love the reaction :lol:
    Prolly have to watch in the future or one of these crazy fucks will pull a gun :shock:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • I had a guy make a shooting at me with a gun hand gesture not long ago on the freeway.
    Crazy nutter.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

Woot!

i had enough trouble walking around boston with all those friggedy cobblestones... and i dont even wear heels.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,776
    i do that sometimes. if people are acting stupid/crazy i'll act the same way pretty funny. My favorite is if people are driving too fast and zigging and zagging around cars i'll purposely slow down to piss them off :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Today, driving on the Merritt Parkway in Conn. I am doing about 70, just changing lanes and three cars (Porsche, Audi, and something else) came flying by me like I was standing still, they were well over 100 and apparently racing. I never saw them coming, even though I was checking all mirrors to change lanes. They didn't get too far past me and they all slammed on brakes as there a bunch of cars in both lanes, you could also hear the engines screaming as at least one of them must have downshifted to engine brake. I just kept flicking high-beams at them. I then saw the Porsche pull into the gas station on the side and I just lay on the horn as we passed. Crazy stupid bastards.
  • Too funny!

Gotta be care because there ARE crazy fuckers out there. A few years back one of my friends was driving on the 405 in LA. I guess the guy in front of him felt like he was driving too close so he shot his washer fluid, which soaked my friends car. This pisses my friend off so he races around in front of him and hits his washer fluid and slows way down. He is laughing, thinking he 'got him.'
    The guy pulls up next to him and points a gun at him. Real gun. Not finger. My buddy jams on his brakes and the car behind him rear ends him. :lol:
    There are some nutty fuckers out there!

Gonna have to call your friend the crazy one here.
    A) if he gets soaked from someones splash...then he is too close.
    B) What if he was just cleaning his windshield?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    speaking of crazy fuckers...last night i was on the westbound santa monica freeway through mid city la...it was rush hour but traffic was moving at about 55-65 with periods of slowing

so i'm in the fast lane and i see break lights ahead...as i always do i check my rearview and i see a bmw going about 80 on the shoulder...he pulls into the lane behind me...needless to say this has shocked me somewhat and i look in front of me and see the car in front of me getting closer rapidly...i hit the brakes but am not very concerned to the beemer because he's still going 80...i manage to not hit the person in front of me and this jackass swerves around me back onto the shoulder and blasts past me...only to have to stop 1000 feet ahead because the shoulder ends

here's hoping that asshat drives himself into a tree
    Too funny!

Gotta be care because there ARE crazy fuckers out there. A few years back one of my friends was driving on the 405 in LA. I guess the guy in front of him felt like he was driving too close so he shot his washer fluid, which soaked my friends car. This pisses my friend off so he races around in front of him and hits his washer fluid and slows way down. He is laughing, thinking he 'got him.'
    The guy pulls up next to him and points a gun at him. Real gun. Not finger. My buddy jams on his brakes and the car behind him rear ends him. :lol:
    There are some nutty fuckers out there!

Gonna have to call your friend the crazy one here.
    A) if he gets soaked from someones splash...then he is too close.
    B) What if he was just cleaning his windshield?
    Also, it's WASHER FLUID. It's not as though he hit him with an oil slick or a smokescreen.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    A couple weeks ago, I had a guy deliberately block me from getting in front of him....I was moving faster than him - had it matted, and he sped up to try to prevent me from changing lanes...so I cut him off. Kinda. I wasn't even close to him, but closer than he would have liked, apparently, because he tailgated me, flashing his lights for a couple minutes. I pulled into a left-turn lane and stopped to wait for oncoming traffic to pass...I look over, and the guy is stopped in the moving traffic lane next to me, shaking his fist and screaming.

I make my left hand turn, then a right...and a couple miles later, who pulls into my lane in front of me? That's right, crazy spaz lane blocker. So I flash my brights to let him know I'm baaaaaaaaack.....the fucker slows right down, and I can see him going ballistic in his rearview....I go to pass, he guns it. I pull back into the lane, he slows right down again. WHen I finally do get a chance to pass him, he's got his iphone out and is recording me! :lol:...
    I pray he took his video to the police....we have a new distracted driving law...he likely would have been handed a ticket as soon as he showed a cop the vid.