What is your favorite Donut?

Comments

• shepshep Posts: 5,761
    81 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:
    that looks mighty tasty..and now i want a chocolate long john

#fixed

Everytime I look at a long john/eclair all I can think about is that bit from Van Wilder.... :sick:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • choc cake with choc frosting
  • supadupasupadupa Posts: 377
    Paczki! They're basically the donuts of the gods. Tuesday is Paczki Day, and I somehow need to get my hands on one, which is going to be difficult since there aren't a lot of other Polish people around here.
  • davidtrios wrote:
    81 wrote:
    damn you....

tommorrow.....

deerfield bakery

they do make high quality baked goods

Those donuts are the best. They bring those into work on Fridays every now and then.
  • Vanilla long john is my fav.
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Huge fan of Boston Creams.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • shepshep Posts: 5,761
    kw18 wrote:

What's funny about the local donut shop here in Houston (Shipley's) is that they don't make boston creams.... I was personally shocked the first time I found this out.

back several years ago, me and my friend, stoned out of our gord, decided it would be a good idea to go get donuts at 1 am, as their is a 24 hour shipley's right next to our place... we sat at the drive through for 30 minutes trying to explain to two mexican's that barely spoke english what a boston cream was... in the end when we drove away with a box of donuts we were sorely disappointed that it was filled with chocolate dip and venetian cream... :fp:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    4110810754_fa855970c7_z.jpg
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Chocolate Old Fashion cake donut dipped in my coffee. :D:D
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    smarchee wrote:
    vanilla dip
    Same. Sometimes I'll switch it up and get a chocolate marble, but vanilla dip is my favourite.

Wouldn't mind trying a Priestly though. It's a chocolate timbit in a strawberry vanilla, and invented by Jason Priestly (as a joke on How I Met Your Mother).
    r-THE-PRIESTLY-large570.jpg?15
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    shep wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

What's funny about the local donut shop here in Houston (Shipley's) is that they don't make boston creams.... I was personally shocked the first time I found this out.

back several years ago, me and my friend, stoned out of our gord, decided it would be a good idea to go get donuts at 1 am, as their is a 24 hour shipley's right next to our place... we sat at the drive through for 30 minutes trying to explain to two mexican's that barely spoke english what a boston cream was... in the end when we drove away with a box of donuts we were sorely disappointed that it was filled with chocolate dip and venetian cream... :fp:

That is a travesty. Any donut shop that doesn't carry Boston Creams shouldn't be calling itself a donut shop.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    davidtrios wrote:
    81 wrote:
    damn you....

tommorrow.....

deerfield bakery

they do make high quality baked goods

Those donuts are the best. They bring those into work on Fridays every now and then.

Deerfield Bakery is good stuff.

Country donuts in Schaumburg used to have awesome chocolate mint donuts. Not sure if the County donuts that took over the store is as good.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    Country donuts in Schaumburg used to have awesome chocolate mint donuts. Not sure if the County donuts that took over the store is as good.

i've heard it's good, but it'd be out of my way.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • something with coconut
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • something with coconut

Coconut makes everything better.
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    81 wrote:
    PJ-Cubs wrote:

Their red velvet donuts are awesome!
    I lost a bet...
    81 wrote:
    PJ-Cubs wrote:

perhaps you can pick one up for me tommorrow AM before the great ticket debacle. :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

perhaps you can pick one up for me tommorrow AM before the great ticket debacle. :corn:

sure, just wait outside. :corn:
    I lost a bet...

i've heard that before

gp_cb_lucy_football.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

i've heard that before

gp_cb_lucy_football.jpg

[willshrug]
    I lost a bet...
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    I can't wait to have a fastnacht next week! Yum!!
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    dunkin doughnuts boston cream hands down
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Maple Bacon from Voodoo or the Captain Crunch from Voodoo
    NERDS!
  • One thing I've always wondered. Maybe our SoCal friends can answer this. Why the hell are there 50,000 donut shops in LA? I know you have a lot of cops there, but that is ridiculous!
    NERDS!
  • Maple Bacon from Voodoo or the Captain Crunch from Voodoo

I saw that Maple Bacon on TV, it looks amazing. Havent found anyone around here that makes one. :cry:
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Maple Bacon from Voodoo or the Captain Crunch from Voodoo

I saw that Maple Bacon on TV, it looks amazing. Havent found anyone around here that makes one. :cry:

Wanted to go to Voodoo when I was in Portland last summer, it was 9 at night and the line was around the block :?
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    this one's pretty good....

555994_10151661582438238_172389203_n.jpg
  • afroannnie wrote:

So, does it have brownie batter inside?
    afroannnie wrote:

So, does it have brownie batter inside?

I don't think it has "real" brownie batter inside...no raw eggs or anything..but yes it definitely tastes like brownie batter! Yum!! :D
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Donuts are stupid and a waste of time.