Update of my Warrior, Sammy

KatyzKatyz Posts: 838
edited October 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I wasn't going to post this but a friend persuaded me. Today my son, Sammy had his port taken out of his chest signaling the final step of his end to chemo for leukemia. We went through two years of indescribable hell, but we got through because of the love of others and the love we have for each other. I created the video to celebrate our family getting through the hard times...it is meant to be a celebration, not a memorial...Sammy is sleeping right now with some soreness from surgery but a whole life ahead of him :D

http://youtu.be/z_zw26woSA8

Update:

Sammy is now ONE YEAR CLEAR of cancer! We are getting there folks!!! Thanks to all those who have kept me going with your kindness xxxx
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Yeah Superman Sammy!! Thank you for sharing your story and the video. That smile... :D:D:D Here is to many many years of beautiful life for Sammy and your entire family.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    :clap::clap::clap::clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

That's so awesome!! Love it! Congrats to you, Sammy, and all of your family!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Powerful. I hope someone shows that to the band.

You live in Westchester?
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Awesome!! Thanks for sharing!! :D:D:clap::clap:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Little warriors like Sammy make us realize just how trivial and insignificant our everyday complaints really are!
    Your family is strong, and truly blessed - make the MOST of EVERY day!!!

And get the little man to a PJ concert as soon as possible - I'll spring for his ticket!!! :thumbup:
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Awesome stuff Captain Sammy!!! :D:D

Save the pooper bracelet!! Priceless!!! :lol::lol:

Live long and prosper young Sammy!
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    :clap::mrgreen: This is beautiful news. Congratulations to you all! :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • KatyzKatyz Posts: 838
    Aussie357 wrote:
    Little warriors like Sammy make us realize just how trivial and insignificant our everyday complaints really are!
    Your family is strong, and truly blessed - make the MOST of EVERY day!!!

And get the little man to a PJ concert as soon as possible - I'll spring for his ticket!!! :thumbup:

We really do appreciate every day! Thanks for the offer :D We have a mini-concert in the car each day :lol: Sammy will go to a concert as soon as they come near us :D

Jamminonethe1 - we work in Westchester... are you nearby?

Thanks everyone for your kind words xxx
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i'm not gonna lie, i shed a tear..... or two

congrats to you, Sammy and the rest of your family :D
  • paysonitespaysonites Posts: 1,150
    OH MY GOODNESS, HOW WONDERFUL...We've been praying and praying for your precious little super Sammy for a long long time now. Wow, we can't believe how blessed and beautiful this amazing and strong boy is. God has kept his spirit full of his strength and what wonderful and loving parents he has. Your love has and will continue to guide and get him through life's challenges. Just by looking at the pics you can tell how much love and support he has around him. Good for you guy's... :D. It is so amazing to see such a close and amazing family. Sammy is meant to do amazing and wonderful things in his life. I mean he already has but just wait you'll see. Once he comes to age with all that he has been raised with (Love,Family,Friends,Support,Strength,Courage and an Unstoppable Drive For Life) you'll be amazed with what he will do given what he has already conquered.All of our thoughts and prayers will continue to be with your family through the special years ahead.
    John and Shawna
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Katyz wrote:
    I wasn't going to post this but a friend persuaded me. Today my son, Sammy had his port taken out of his chest signaling the final step of his end to chemo for leukemia. We went through two years of indescribable hell, but we got through because of the love of others and the love we have for each other. I created the video to celebrate our family getting through the hard times...it is meant to be a celebration, not a memorial...Sammy is sleeping right now with some soreness from surgery but a whole life ahead of him :D

God bless his heart!!! 8-) :thumbup: :clap:
  • Great video Katy!!! I'm so happy for you and your famy! What a wonderful thing to celebrate!!

I'm keeping him in my heart always and I can't wait to hear all the awesome stuff he gets to do moving forward now that he'll be feeling better :D :thumbup: !!!
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Katyz wrote:
    Aussie357 wrote:
    Little warriors like Sammy make us realize just how trivial and insignificant our everyday complaints really are!
    Jamminonethe1 - we work in Westchester... are you nearby?

Thanks everyone for your kind words xxx

Born and raised in Goldens Bridge. Have lived in New Ro, Mount Vernon and now finally settled in Hawthorne. Of course it's way too expensive, but WC is home. Hit a little closer to the heart when I saw the Pelham shirt. Again thanks for sharing.
  • So glad you posted that! Very moving. Mad me smile and cry too!

Congrats to Sammy! There's a great life awaiting you!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Now that the tears are fully flowing down my face . . . what a superman is right, how horrible to have to go through all that at such a young age, and often with a sweet smile on his face.

God bless him and all of those in that heart wrenching video.

May he remain healthy and live a long and fullfilling life.

and thanks for sharing that.
    Now that the tears are fully flowing down my face . . . what a superman is right, how horrible to have to go through all that at such a young age, and often with a sweet smile on his face.

God bless him and all of those in that heart wrenching video.

May he remain healthy and live a long and fullfilling life.

and thanks for sharing that.

Thank you. I didn't mean to make people cry...Sammy is doing well. He is looking forward to growing out his hair - it is in the permanent bed-head stage right now :lol:
  • awesome!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,644
    Excellent, really excellent! Best wishes to Sammy! :thumbup:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    8-) :thumbup: :clap:
  • RaniRani Posts: 434
    Katyz wrote:

Such a touching video. So glad you shared. Made me bawl. Strong boy, that Sammy. :D
  • Katyz wrote:
    Thank you. I didn't mean to make people cry...

FAIL! ;)

Thanks for sharing Sammy's amazing story. Lots of love to you and yours... love0033.gif
  • Katyz wrote:

Thank you. I didn't mean to make people cry...:
    Hope we can cry every day with stories like that..the ones tell us that life can win...
    thanks for sharing..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Katyz wrote:

Hope we can cry every day with stories like that..the ones tell us that life can win...
    thanks for sharing..

exactly, it was a heart wrenching and good cry all at the same time.

Please post pics when he gets rid of the bed-head hair do. :lol:
  • very beautiful god bless!
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I celebrate with you ... tears and smiles

God bless Sammy and your family ... love is powerful
    Katyz wrote:

thanks for sharing..

exactly, it was a heart wrenching and good cry all at the same time.

Please post pics when he gets rid of the bed-head hair do. :lol:

He he...bedhead is the look du jour...it is great that he has hair to try to tame...funny how the texture changed!
    It's getting more manageable now:
    IMG_0792.JPG
  • Congratulations! That is truly beautiful :)
    Sammy is now post-surgery and bored with staying home to recover! :o He can't wait to get back to school...what a strange kid he is :lol:
  • :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D