Jose Reyes is a Marlin UPDATED

2»

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    pjl44 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Pujols isn't just a DH...he can play first, third, and RF.

Yes, no and no.

He has played all three if I'm not mistaken? I do believe he quite regularly rotated amongst the three when McGwire was still in St. Louis.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Pujols isn't just a DH...he can play first, third, and RF.

Yes, no and no.

He has played all three if I'm not mistaken? I do believe he quite regularly rotated amongst the three when McGwire was still in St. Louis.

I edit myself...he actually was moved to left field when the Cards acquired Scott Rolen in '92. He would not make a good left field option in Yankee Stadium at all. With his arm situation he ceratinly is not a good right field option either. I still believe he could play first, third, or DH.
  • 6-106 Whats this mean for Rollins? Miami's spending bell now reyes should be a fun season.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    BYE BYE

don't let the door break your hamstrings on your way out
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,551
    metsfan wrote:
    BYE BYE

:lol:

that was legitimately funny metsfan
    www.myspace.com
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    edited December 2011
    metsfan wrote:
    BYE BYE

So working in Miami... I can't escape him :evil:
    Post edited by Black Diamond on
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    edited December 2011
    ozzie is gonna have a lot of fun with all of that speed at the top of the lineup. this is like the 2003 fighting fish when they had Pierre and Castillo at the top of the lineup, but much better.
    Post edited by davidtrios on
  • Its amazing, these days, the cash that gets thrown at a player after having one good year.
    Is he really worth that big contract?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I can't wait to see what kind of moronic handshake/celebration he comes up with. Maybe he can just tweet it with LoMo.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • I am actually looking forward to the upcoming MLB season and the Miami Marlins. It should be fun, they need a left handed pitcher and I hope JJ comes back at 100%. Also, I hope that the new stadium is named the Orange Bowl. But I know its probably gonna end up with some dumb corporate name. Since both the tax payers of the City of Miami and Miami-Dade County paid for the stadium we should have the right to put the name we want on it. Wishful thinking on my part.
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    ozzie is gonna have a lot of fun with all of that speed at the top of the lineup. this is like the 2003 fighting fish when they had Pierre and Castillo at the top of the lineup, but much better.

That 2003 was awesome...I enjoyed that more than the 97 team.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    petejm043 wrote:
    I am actually looking forward to the upcoming MLB season and the Miami Marlins. It should be fun, they need a left handed pitcher and I hope JJ comes back at 100%. Also, I hope that the new stadium is named the Orange Bowl. But I know its probably gonna end up with some dumb corporate name. Since both the tax payers of the City of Miami and Miami-Dade County paid for the stadium we should have the right to put the name we want on it. Wishful thinking on my part.

Saw the dimensions of the new park today, Reyes is going to have some fun there.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    petejm043 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

That 2003 was awesome...I enjoyed that more than the 97 team.

im a white sox fan but ill def be rooting for them this year out of the nl.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    petejm043 wrote:
    I am actually looking forward to the upcoming MLB season and the Miami Marlins. It should be fun, they need a left handed pitcher and I hope JJ comes back at 100%. Also, I hope that the new stadium is named the Orange Bowl. But I know its probably gonna end up with some dumb corporate name. Since both the tax payers of the City of Miami and Miami-Dade County paid for the stadium we should have the right to put the name we want on it. Wishful thinking on my part.

Saw the dimensions of the new park today, Reyes is going to have some fun there.

Hopefully he can stay healthy. I think the last time he played 150+ games was in 06 and the Mets made the playoffs. Its pretty interesting down here in South Florida. With the NBA finally starting and the New Marlins.
    petejm043 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    petejm043 wrote:

Hopefully he can stay healthy. I think the last time he played 150+ games was in 06 and the Mets made the playoffs. Its pretty interesting down here in South Florida. With the NBA finally starting and the New Marlins.

which more bandwagon marlins will come outta the wooodwork again

Cliffy6745 wrote:
    petejm043 wrote:

yea fun looking at it on the bench

metsfan wrote:
    BYE BYE

So working in Miami... I can't escape him :evil:
    my deepest sympathies :P

hope your feeling better