Options

*** Bologna Fanviews Here 14/9 ***

Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Opening Band: My Morning Jacket

Pearl Jam Set List: Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Do The Evolution, Animal, Severed Hand, Given To Fly, World Wide Suicide, Save You, Even Flow, I Am Mine, Marker In The Sand, Green Disease, Daughter / (It's OK), Alone, Whipping, Present Tense, Comatose, Porch

1st Encore: Black, Better Man, Life Wasted, Alive

2nd Encore: Bu$hleaguer, Why Go, Baba O'Riley, Indifference

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Early Set List Source: Message Pit’s “Gossard_Is_God” and “lgt”

Set List Source: tenclub.net and sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam
Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    We're waiting... how was the show????
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    waiting...watching the thread but no one posts...

but I like the less common opener and closer!
    Indifference is perfect!

And Alone!!!!
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    Nobody went to the show. They only played for themselves and their people!!! :D
  • Options
    Everyone who went is either on an aeroplane or busy on their way to verona...

Wow, Indifference must be an amazing closer!!!
  • Options
    lgtlgt Posts: 720
    I have been reading the fanviews over on the Italian boards. People have come back really enthusing about the show.

Although there are also posts complaining about the moshing. Apparently Ed said something about it. It's become like the Paris fanviews thread over here.

Hopefully, someone will post fanviews here too!
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,859
    Everyone who went is either on an aeroplane or busy on their way to verona...

Wow, Indifference must be an amazing closer!!!

I saw them close with indifference in albany which was awesome, left me wanting a little more though, thought about it on the ride home and realized just how awesome it was!

let's get some fanviews!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    lgt wrote:
    Although there are also posts complaining about the moshing. Apparently Ed said something about it. It's become like the Paris fanviews thread over here.

Hopefully, someone will post fanviews here too!

Oh dear.....
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Oh dear.....

There was no separate pit and some 10c had to leave the first rows when things got really wild.

Also, it looked as if Eddie had a cold.
  • Options
    lgt wrote:

Oh no! Not at his best when they are filming!!!!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Oh no! Not at his best when they are filming!!!!

Hopefully, he will get in top form for tomorrow night.. please!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I will be there! :D
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    lgt wrote:

It already looked like it in Bern. Thats why the 2 shows were quite short.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    good show, great crowd, some moshing but not mentioned by ed...
    talked about the heat in the arena....
    set list was very 'greatest hits'...hope variety in the next four...
    does anyone have change for a button??
  • Options
    why is this not a sticky yet?
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    quickly from an internet café in Verona
    Good show, nice surprise opener and closer..liked Bu$hleaguer that I'd never seen live..Green Disease, again a first for me.. Alone and Present Tense, return of Marker in the Sand :)

good atmosphere overall (but for the usual idiots) but it was HOT!! and that's what Ed reffered to (he has a cold, was using tissues the whole of the first half....didn't impeach his singing one bit though :))
    ..no moshing or crowdsurfing but lots of pressure..I was even more wet than Paris..took my shirt off afterwards and sweat was literally dripping from it, same with the trousers! Though I and BLACK-RED-YELLOW managed to hang on the rail the whole show, AmentTothat and a few others had to pull out..a first!

someone with more time will go into the incident on the 10c line...but for the record, having seen a good part of it, completed by BLACK-RED-YELLOW who seen it all: Jake did nothing wrong, very restrained really, the guy was clearly mad.

Looking forward to some rest from the Pit in Verona (and Milan I have seat too)..just to see how it is..
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    AmentTothat and a few others had to pull out..a first!

:eek:
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    quickly from an internet café in Verona
    Good show, nice surprise opener and closer..liked Bu$hleaguer that I'd never seen live..Green Disease, again a first for me.. Alone and Present Tense, return of Marker in the Sand :)

good atmosphere overall (but for the usual idiots) but it was HOT!! and that's what Ed reffered to (he has a cold, was using tissues the whole of the first half....didn't impeach his singing one bit though :))
    ..no moshing or crowdsurfing but lots of pressure..I was even more wet than Paris..took my shirt off afterwards and sweat was literally dripping from it, same with the trousers! Though I and BLACK-RED-YELLOW managed to hang on the rail the whole show, AmentTothat and a few others had to pull out..a first!

someone with more time will go into the incident on the 10c line...but for the record, having seen a good part of it, completed by BLACK-RED-YELLOW who seen it all: Jake did nothing wrong, very restrained really, the guy was clearly mad.

Looking forward to some rest from the Pit in Verona (and Milan I have seat too)..just to see how it is..

now I am curious about the incident!!
  • Options
    mnarob3mnarob3 Posts: 235
    UNBE LIVE BLE!!!!!!!!

THE BEST, CRAZIEST, PASSIONETE, LOUDEST AND THE HOTTEST CONCERT IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    that was my first pearl jam concert and i thought i was dreaming...i could bearly hear the band in the beginning because we were singing sooooooo loud:))))
    mike behaved like a energetic 15 year old boy and matt was also like that...great drum solo in even flow!!!!! =)=) jeff , ed and stone were also on fire!!! let me say that!!!!

tnx to edis and his brother from tuzla for being such a great pearl jam fans and for giving me and my friend a ride to bologna!!! i'm sure you'll be having a blast in the all pj italian concerts!!!!!!
    see you in zagreb (ten club;))) haha =)=)

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY....THANKS TO MIKE, MATT, JEFF, BOOM,ED AND STONE FOR BEING THE INSPIRATION, COMFORT AND TRULLY THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>THANK YOUUUUUUU GUYYYSSSSSS< =)=)=)=)=)

See you in zagreb if not sooner ;))

bye-

miha from slovenia=)
    *~~bologna 14.9.2006~~*~~vienna 25.9.2006~~*~~zagreb 26.9.2006~~
    *~~munich 12.6.2007~~*~~chorzow 13.6.2007~~*
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    Buru wrote:
    now I am curious about the incident!!
    Me too! What happened?
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    O.k. Keithos and me arrived in Bologna from Florence, where we'd spent the previous day and night. We walked from the station to the Piazza Verdi where the Scuderia bar was and where we were led to believe the jammers would be meeting. There were no jammers there, but just loads of student types. We had a beer and walked back to the station and got a taxi to the venue. We saw Stian straight away and then walked over to the tour bus were the driver said I looked like Eric Bristow. :eek: We spent a few hours on the bus drinking beer and wine whilst Keith strummed the guitar - he's a quality guitar player. The weather was overcast and drizzly, which was a change from the day before when the sun was blazing, and when Italy looked lovely - especially when travelling through the mountains on the way to Florence.
    Anyway, we finally decided to queue for the show and when inside I met StonesGstring and GivenToFly - aka Caz and Heather. The rest of the evening is a bit of a blur. I remember being very near the front before 'My morning jacket' and the security were standing in front of the barrier and telling everyone to sit down. Why? Fuck knows. After the support band started the security all jumped back over the barrier and the crowd stood up and surged forward. Danmac and me watched about 2 songs and decided to save our energy for pearl Jam and so went to get a drink e.t.c. I then tried getting back to the front during the interval before PJ but some fella started moaing about me making my way through the crowd. Then about 10 others all started jumping on the band waggon and gobbing off, including a girl who was about 5 foot tall and couldn't see anything anyway. I wasn't even standing behind her but whenever the crowd moved forward a bit she started accsusing me of pushing her. Some bloke continued gobbing off despite my having been standing still for about 5 minutes and so I snapped and told him I'd headbutt him on the nose if he didn't shut the fuck up.
    Anyway, despite these hostilities I got chatting with a few Italian lads and we had a bit of a laugh about it all.
    And then Pearl Jam came on stage and opened with Elderly woman - great opener. I found myself 2nd from the front row next to Keith, and in front of Stone, by the end of the first song. "He who dares wins Rodders!"
    The crowd were really pretty fierce, about as much so as at Paris, although I understand that the crowd were nuttier a bit further back at Paris. But up at the front it was the usual struggle to stop people trying to squeeze in front of me. I remember at one point standing next to the one of the fellas who'd said he'd been prepared to fight me earlier and we gave each other a nod and we both laughed, and I patted him on the head. Peace prevailed! :)
    Highlights for me were Animal, Black, Bushleaguer, and Indifference.
    I left the front area just before the end of the first set due to exhaustion and found AmentToThat outside the side door completely drenched and exhausted, just as I was. I went back inside for black though and it was a very emotional moment, as Black usually is.
    Ed came out for Bushleaguer wearing a Bush mask and the silver jacket and that was also great. He also seemed to enjoy skidding accross the stage a few times. As far as an 'incident' occurring, I didn't see that. We all headed back to the bus again after the show and drank more booze and chatted and listened to music until about 3am. I then headed off on a train into Bologna at about 6am and ended up going to the wrong airport. Luckily I had enough time to make my way back into Bologna and jumped on a train to Fari airport which, being typical of Ryanair, is about 50 miles southeast of Bologna.
    All in all a great show. And I love Italy - a good looking country. I plan to return next year to see some more of it. Peace! :D

Some photo's.....
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/byrnzie28/
  • Options
    Looks like to had a 'lively' time Byrnzie! :D
  • Options
    Very quick, as we're about to head to the Verona Meet-up....

Pretty much second what everyone said - Very Hot!!!
    The crowd was a bit manic on Stone's side... we were about three from the front and the surging got so bad we had to head out to the side. Had to help the missus over the barrier during Save You, as was about to faint (iirc one of the guys off the ETB managed to help by grabbing a security guard to help her over - much appreciated :) )
    Ed did mention the crowd when he mentioned the heat... asked if everyone was ok, and to look after each other. We'd moved to the back by that point as that was the only place we could find a bar!.

Really chuffed with the set-list... this was my first gig (only waited 14 years!... something always came up whenever they toured :( ), and I have to admit that I nearly cried when they opened with Elderly Woman - The whole thing was really emotional for me, although trying to protect the missus from some of the crowd soon took the sparkle off it :( . On the bright side the view and sound from the side was great, and I noticed a few other 10 clubbers had made the same move over there.

Oh, and if anyone was by the bar during Alive, I was the sad bugger sobbing along to it, yup, I managed to loose my composure once again! ;)

Anyhoo, off the arena for the Verona gig now... has spotted with rain but nothing proper yet *crosses fingers for no more rain*.

Will report more later on the tour...
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    vivifluviviflu Posts: 122
    Truth, lots of people went to Verona yesterday, but some unlucky ones had to get back to our normal lifes again.
    I was in Bern too, thought that was it, I'm dying now...until I saw them in Bologna. All songs were there, Black, Evenflow, why go, daughter, I Am Mine... and then the brochure d'or: Indifference. It was damn hot in there, there was a lot of water circulating on the first rows though. Beeing in front of Mike was so much fun, I love this guy, there are just no words to thanks these guys enough for what they give up there.
    No way of beeing in a Pearl Jam concert and not wanting to follow the tour forever.
    It was powerful, astonishing, amazing, breathtaking, incredible and tremendous. And I could go on for lines and lines.

Sorry to disapoint you, but I'm not good in technical reviews ;o)
    Fighting fire with fire since world's birth, bumping into the same stone over and over again... and we call this evolution?
  • Options
    pajopajo Posts: 3,292
    INCREDIBLE SHOW! Great setlist, amazing singing by Ed (who obviously had a cold and was served what looked like tea but stuck to the wine instead :))
    The crowd was pretty wild (we were among the 10c who stood a bit to the side but cca 7th row, in front of the speakers, got a great pic of Mike and Ed on the speakers). Were completely soaked with sweat, but it was great, incredible and wonderful!
    Then went off to Verona (comment to be found on the Verona fanviews thread). We just returned to Zagreb (where we are from), a couple of Croatian fans stayed in Italy, we have to wait for Vienna for our next show and then ZAGREB!!! The guys are saying in their interviews to the Croatian press that the show should be really special with 'some surprises possible'! Can't wait!!!! :)
  • Options
    Bologna, Palamalagutti. we were there! Me and my little boy (7th month of pregnancy and I was there!!!Guess how I'm gonna name him....)
    I've been waiting for 6 years to hear that voice again...but couldn't imagine it would be better than I remembered! So warm, so gentle, so raugh, so powerful, so intense...Thank God you exist! Perfect setlist, perfect show, as Ben Harper said in NY (live at the garden):"the greatest band in the world"!!!
  • Options
    HI, You can find the PHOTO of the wonderful concert in Bologna in this link:

http://ilmondodeibaffi.spaces.live.com
  • Options
    hot and sweaty! the symphony of bodily fluids and mindblowing music...one night i will never forget!! its ok (in italian) beautiful the vibe the energy!!! i was front row pushed up against the banisters mike was amazing i was right in front of him!!! for me the setlist was perfect...all my favourites best first concert thank you pearl jam!!!!
  • Options
    mnarob3mnarob3 Posts: 235
    hey antomino!!!! these are great pictures!!!!!! :)
    ahh memories....:)

i was there, right in front of jeff and mike :D:D

amazing concert. ...what an energy uh!!!!!!! amazing ..fuc*in the greatest band EVER!!!

i'm also going to the zagreb...so i' can't wait :)
    *~~bologna 14.9.2006~~*~~vienna 25.9.2006~~*~~zagreb 26.9.2006~~
    *~~munich 12.6.2007~~*~~chorzow 13.6.2007~~*
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    antomino wrote:
    HI, You can find the PHOTO of the wonderful concert in Bologna in this link:

http://ilmondodeibaffi.spaces.live.com

Damn! These pics are superb!
  • Options
    paola77 wrote:
    Bologna, Palamalagutti. we were there! Me and my little boy (7th month of pregnancy and I was there!!!Guess how I'm gonna name him....)
    I've been waiting for 6 years to hear that voice again...but couldn't imagine it would be better than I remembered! So warm, so gentle, so raugh, so powerful, so intense...Thank God you exist! Perfect setlist, perfect show, as Ben Harper said in NY (live at the garden):"the greatest band in the world"!!!

I can only say you stolen my words!!!! I was there too and It was Amazing! I couldn't give up his voice in my life....
    I wish you all well! wow.....another little Ed in this world!! :D
    I don't question our existence
    I just question our modern needs

** http://backpacksoul.wordpress.com **
  • Options
    paola77 wrote:

well... then you were standing not far from me.... far from the stage maybe... but I could see 2 pregnant women singing and dancing and it was a show that opened my heart.... much reviving than the one offered by kids down there, in the parterre, pushing each other just to get 1 inch closer....

...after 13 years I happen to see pj again.... I still can't believe it.... I loved every second of the show... have you got something to help me get out of this comatose state I'm in? :D