Fantasy Football Advice

cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I need to fill 1 spot with any one of these guys on my bench. Your thoughts? Who do I start?

Chris Johnson
Jordy Nelson
Julio Jones
A.J. Green
Brandon Lloyd
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• crazypjfan wrote:
    I need to fill 1 spot with any one of these guys on my bench. Your thoughts? Who do I start?

Chris Johnson
    Jordy Nelson
    Julio Jones
    A.J. Green
    Brandon Lloyd

I would say Jones- at home, New Orleans defense not great. Or Nelson, GB should score a lot of points Monday night. I also have Rodgers as my QB, and Jennings. They are killing it for me.

CJ2K has done nothing all year- no reason to think he will start now. Lloyd is on the road, but against Cleveland, AJ Green is going against the Steelers defense.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    crazypjfan wrote:

Chris Johnson
    Jordy Nelson
    Julio Jones
    A.J. Green
    Brandon Lloyd

I would say Jones- at home, New Orleans defense not great. Or Nelson, GB should score a lot of points Monday night. I also have Rodgers as my QB, and Jennings. They are killing it for me.

CJ2K has done nothing all year- no reason to think he will start now. Lloyd is on the road, but against Cleveland, AJ Green is going against the Steelers defense.

I was leaning towards Jones. CJ hasn't done anything and I had him benched last week. However, he is playing against Carolina so that's why I put him in this list.

Thanks!
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Definitely not Chris Johnson. He's absolutely ruined my team this year :evil:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Definitely not Chris Johnson. He's absolutely ruined my team this year :evil:

Tell me about it. I just benched him starting last week. I wish I kept his ass on the bench all year...
  • I vote Jordy.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'd still start Johnson
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Pretty nice options you have there...

I'd go Jordy Nelson....Rodgers is unbelievable and Nelson has definitely become his #2-3 option.
    81 wrote:
    i'd still start Johnson

I ended up starting Johnson. 24.4 points!

I wish I benched gore and bowe but romo and foster made up the difference. Huge win in the money league! :)
  • at my flex this week... do I start Shonn Green or Roy Helu? I'm leaning towards Helu.

at my WR2, do I start Andre Johnson, Darius Heyward-Bey, or Laurent Robinson?

I can't believe I'm considering benching Andre Johnson now that he's available... but they're playing a no-name rookie QB. I'm leaning towards Heyward-Bey.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    michael turner or reggie bush?

texans have a great D while the raiders have given up quite a bit on the run ...
    at my flex this week... do I start Shonn Green or Roy Helu? I'm leaning towards Helu.

I can't believe I'm considering benching Andre Johnson now that he's available... but they're playing a no-name rookie QB. I'm leaning towards Heyward-Bey.

Robinson....he's been tearing it up.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    at my flex this week... do I start Shonn Green or Roy Helu? I'm leaning towards Helu.

but Miles Austin is back this week...
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • polaris_x wrote:

texans have a great D while the raiders have given up quite a bit on the run ...

Turner... no brainer. He's a RB1.
    81 wrote:

but Miles Austin is back this week...

Bey has done nothing....and andre Johnson is just getting back with a 3rd string qb.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Bey has done nothing....and andre Johnson is just getting back with a 3rd string qb.

yeah... I know but... I think I'll just go with Andre Johnson. He was my #1 pick (11th overall) so he's healthy = start him.

I like to go with difference makers/clear #1 target type of guys over guys that are the #3 option on their own team. volume guys usually will get you the Win.

I'll throw in one guy that is hit or miss this week with Helu over Greene... who will get you 8 points every week, no more no less :D
    fair enough...

i'll be starting Johhson where i have as well. but i won't expect much

good thing is, i have Foster in the PJ league
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    polaris_x wrote:

but it's all about match ups ... houston has the #1 ranked defense ... while oakland is like 26th ...
  • polaris_x wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

but it's all about match ups ... houston has the #1 ranked defense ... while oakland is like 26th ...

It is about matchups sometimes...but dont you think Turner falls into the category of must start every week?? Too many people overthink it...
    It is about matchups sometimes...but dont you think Turner falls into the category of must start every week?? Too many people overthink it...

i don't know if i would put him in that category ... he is not really an all purpose back where they throw him the ball also ... since week 9 - reggie bush has the same number of all purpose yards and double the TD's ...

my league is ultra competitive ... i'm tied for first with a 7-5 record ... with last place being 5-7 ... i agree sometimes we overthink it but it's so tight right now ...
  • polaris_x wrote:

i don't know if i would put him in that category ... he is not really an all purpose back where they throw him the ball also ... since week 9 - reggie bush has the same number of all purpose yards and double the TD's ...

my league is ultra competitive ... i'm tied for first with a 7-5 record ... with last place being 5-7 ... i agree sometimes we overthink it but it's so tight right now ...

Turner is on pace for 1,400 yards and 12 touchdowns... he is currently #4 in the NFL in rushing yards and tied for #4 in rushing touchdowns...

I'd certainly put him in that top tier of running backs that you always start, regardless of match up.

edit: and in my league he is #6 among running backs in total fantasy points. Bush is #19.
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    Week 13

Have to pick one of the following as a WR3:

Julio Jones
    Steve Breaston
    Harry Douglas

Opinions would be appreciated.
    oona left wrote:
    Week 13

Julio Jones
    Steve Breaston
    Harry Douglas

waiver wire :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    i have a bye :? :x
    www.myspace.com
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    Big game this week - need to get into playoffs.

Eli Manning or Cam Newton.

Pts for rushing or passing TDs, Yardage bonues for more than 200 yds passing, and no penalties for ints.
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    81 wrote:
    oona left wrote:
    Week 13

Julio Jones
    Steve Breaston
    Harry Douglas

waiver wire :lol:

I know, right?? Except, Douglas was the "best" option off the wire.

"It's a hopeless situation....." :lol:
    well ... i think i talked myself into starting bush ... good decision ... :D ... but still lost when i got nothing out of my WR ... :(
    81 wrote:
    fair enough...

i'll be starting Johhson where i have as well. but i won't expect much

good thing is, i have Foster in the PJ league

Chris Johnson has been doing really well. Glad I stuck with that slacker :lol:
    Here we go...It's playoff time!!

This is what I got:

QB-Romo
    RB-Foster
    RB-C. Johnson
    RB/WR-Gore
    WR-Dez Bryant @NYG
    WR-C.J. Spiller @SD
    TE-J. Finley
    Def-Seahawks
    K-Gostkowski

Bench:

B. Lloyd @SEA
    D. Bowe @NYJ
    J. Nelson @OAK
    Julio Jones @CAR
    A.J. Green @HOU
    B. Jacobs
    P. Hillis

So....What do you think? I am debating over Dez Bryant and maybe CJ Spiller. However, the teams on the bench are playing some tough defenses. Maybe Jordy in for Bryant or Spiller. Spiller is nice because he is listed as a WR/RB.

What would you do?
  • Keep it just as is and enjoy your win
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
    Keep it just as is and enjoy your win

Haha, that's what I was thinking but having some many damn Wr's is frustrating at times. I'm sure it is for the other guys as well since they would love to have a few of them :lol:

Thanks!

Any other views?