Options

**9/30 Borgata Fanviews Here**

Comments

• Options
    Sea wrote:
    Ed Solo: No Surrender (by Bruce Springsteen)

Set list: Long Road, Porch, Hail Hail, Animal, State of Love and Trust, Whipping, Even Flow, Grievance, Green Disease, Daughter/(WMA/Ruby Tuesday), I Got Shit, Small Town, Better Man, Sad, Do The Evolution, Save You, Blood

1st encore: Man of the Hour, Off He Goes, Low Light, Crazy Mary, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore: I Believe in Miracles (by the Ramones), Once, Alive, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

no surrender for ed's preset....yummy!
  • Options
    MineAmIMineAmI Posts: 114
    listening to the boot right now. kickass show

great crazy mary with the stairway to heaven solo

...and RVM is AMAZING
    we were but stones....your light made us stars
  • Options
    jdavisjdavis Posts: 4
    Flew back to Florida for work today after last night's show, it was well worth the trip! The energy in that room was phenomenal, and it was nice that the band picked up on it! Last night was my 6th show this month, and my last for a while, what a great way to finish!
    PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO MEMBER #0040

15 Total

2005: Missoula, MT 8.29.05 (Met Eddie, Mike, Jeff & Stone!), The Gorge 9.1.05, London 9.12.05, Hamilton 9.13.05, PNC Park Pittsburgh - Stones/PJ 9.28.05, Atlantic City, NJ 9.30.05

"To myself I... surrender, to the one I’ll never please"
  • Options
    Kricket wrote:
    Anyone have pictures of the poster, tee's ect?

the poster is awesome, althought i don't have a pic. it's got a shady looking guy on it with maybe a cigarette and a gangerster-looking hat on. girl on the elevator showed it to us this morning.
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • Options
    i can't go to any of these shows:(
    but i heard wmmr will be playing songs from both last night and tonight on monday
    if you want to listen http://www.wmmr.com
    i love this band and it's KILLING me i can't be there
    P&L

I was looking for you, thought there might be a chance I'd see you there, I really, REALLY miss my PJ partner :-( . Hope all is well...
    "Don't turn away from possible futures unless you're certain you have nothing to learn from them."
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    the unseen wrote:
    >Ed addressed the crowd after someone was crowd surfing and said that shit was for 92 or something along those lines.

too funny.

seeing as how so many of the songs played on this tour are coming from those years......

i would think matt would prefer a set filled with a majority of songs he helped create instead of the jukebox hits that seem to dominate the setlists.

I've been a fan a looooong time...and love the new stuff as much as the older stuff..but I can't grasp why people keep harping on the setlists. Why wouldn't you want songs that people can sing along with..and some newer stuff?
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    Ed also mentioned that he expected a different crowd more of a high roller type and was surprised to see so many hardcore fans. Said they were going to stray from the setlist and then broke into Sad.!!!

so wheres the straying?

glad i saved the $$$$

so average but an average pj list is better than most!
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    the unseen wrote:
    >Ed addressed the crowd after someone was crowd surfing and said that shit was for 92 or something along those lines. too funny.

I thought the best part of our "talking to" by Ed about the crowd surfing was when he finished and said (paraphrase), "Principal Vedder, who would'a thought it?" and then laughed.
    "Don't turn away from possible futures unless you're certain you have nothing to learn from them."
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Vedder lectures to the crowd after Porch,Hail Hail,Animal,and SOLAT ,albeit it a light way out of a concern for safety,about behave or else and than proceeds to ignite the crowd further with Whipping..it seemed ill timed to me...Blood and RVM were tremendous and the extended jam on Crazy Mary rivals anything the Dead did on their best nights.Used sparingly and in the right places Boom really does add another dimension...just stay out of In my Tree please
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    MineAmI wrote:
    listening to the boot right now. kickass show

...and RVM is AMAZING

RVM ROCKED HARDER THAN YOU COULD IMAGINE! Just got back and have to say was one of the greatest parts of the show

Randall's Island 96----NJ 1 '06
    14 shows and counting
  • Options
    phersyphersy Posts: 12
    sward wrote:
    I've been a fan a looooong time...and love the new stuff as much as the older stuff..but I can't grasp why people keep harping on the setlists. Why wouldn't you want songs that people can sing along with..and some newer stuff?

I agree, for as long as I can remember PJ has had some of the longest and most diverse setlists in comparison to any other band out there. Their ability to revisit so many songs from their catalogue is unique. From night to night the show is always switched around some way or another. how many other bands would reach back that far just to throw a song like bee girl into the mix (of course this is just one of the many songs that I have seen them pull out of obscurity on this tour alone another being don't gimme no lip) I thank PJ for continuing to be consistant in their values and integrity. their commitment to the fans is unprecidented what with the innovation to pioneer the bootlegs, fan club ticketing, christmas singles etc.

The reason we are all in here is because we are fans of this band and it's music. A live show isn't always about what songs they play though, it's about the energy that is present between the crowd and the band. It dictates the impact the show leaves on us. I can't say that PJ has ever let me down in this aspect!!!!!
  • Options
    highlight of my night was me throwing ed my wrist band and him putting it on
    4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/8/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06, 5/12/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10
  • Options
    the show rocked!....and the energy level was amazing.
    and this is in a room with a few hundred gotti kid lookalikes.....
    go figure

i walked out behind a few gottis when it was over...older guys that looked like they could be a few of tony sopranos boys. anyway, the one dude kept turning to his buddys saying "damn that was a good show...wow that was incredible...etc"

it was cool, these guys obviously were a few of the comped tickets, they like music enough to go to the show, and they were blown away.

salu!

What goes on?
  • Options
    .....again. They sounded excellent last night and there were far more highlights than lowlights (no pun intended), but I have to be honest here. I am so sick of hearing Alive, Better Man, Evenflow, and even Yellow Ledbetter. Ledbetter used to be the song you hoped and wished they would play and now it's a reason for me to make my way through the crowd to exit before anyone else because you know it's their last song. Overall though, I thought the show was unbelieveable. Is it possible that they are getting better? It sounded that way to me. Blood was crazy, Once was off the hook and Long Road sounded amazing for an opener. But I was left wondering why I only heard 1 song off of No Code and 1 off of Yield.

dude, did you feel that way the first time you saw a show? no, you were probably psyched to see/hear those songs in concert for the first time. and so were hundreds and hundreds of people the other night. the band doesn't give a shit that you've been to a bunch of shows and YOU'RE sick of hearing this and that. i'm sick of the selfish setlist critics.

friday was fucking amazing and yellow ledbetter will always be the closer. always.

What goes on?
  • Options
    grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    I was at both shows at the Borgata and I am not a bitcher in general but Friday night's show left me for once without "the deer in the headlights post-show" feeling, though I won't go as far to say disappointing.

Aside from the less than adventerous playlist, I realized that as a fan who has been totally and completely spoiled by 10C ticketing, sitting with average fans is less than spectacular. I had drunken moronic frat boys on one side of me and what looked like the rejects from America's Next Top Model on the other. At a PJ show, I don't want to hear any bullshit talking or anything else. I guess I never realized how great our fan club sections are.
    take your money and your drugs.
  • Options
    cjinpa wrote:
    I observed one very touching random act of kindness, however, when a gentleman offered up 2 tickets to someone in need, asking for no money at all in return.

Oops...posted twice by mistake...
  • Options
    cjinpa wrote:
    I observed one very touching random act of kindness, however, when a gentleman offered up 2 tickets to someone in need, asking for no money at all in return.

I heard about this when I was there on Saturday night. Apparently, the Borgota gave out several comp tickets to guests and VIPs to both shows, and someone had a couple of them and no desire to go, so just gave them away. Comp or not, though, impressive that someone would ask nothing in return for something that they could have made a small fortune from.

We, too, were the recipients of a pretty nice act of kindness. We paid almost $700 for GA tickets for the Friday show, got a spot on the rail next to the handicapped section, about 10 feet from the front of the stage, and on top of a rail support, which gave us an extra inch or two of height to see over heads in front of us. The support was only big enough for four people to stand on, and we befriended the two people sharing it with us before the show. They had tickets for both nights that they had gotten through 10c (!!) but had friends joining them in AC on Saturday. Their friends didn't want to pay scalper prices for tix, and they didn't want to leave their friends high and dry for an evening, so they offered them to us for FACE VALUE. All they said was that they'd rather sell them to someone they'd met that they know would appreciate them rather than someone off the street. We were floored, bought the tix and were ecstatic to go the second night. We ended up in the exact same spot for Night 2 and shared our square with another couple that were just as cool as the ones the first night. We exchanged emails and will probably remain friends, even though we live in entirely different parts of the country.

As far as the shows are concerned, I don't think there are any comments I can add that haven't already been said. It was absolutely amazing. both nights were very different in feel, but equally intense. My only disappointment is that these are the only two PJ shows I've been to that I didn't get to hear "Black". I was secretly hoping for an "Oceans" opener on Night 2 (seemed the perfect setup - Atlantic City, making comments about the ocean the first night, it was the second night of back to back dates), but "Present Tense" was just as good for me. Will they ever close with "Indifference" again? They did that in Austin in '95, and I was floored. With Boom on the B3, you'd think it would be more likely, but alas! - neither of these were the nights.
  • Options
    MineAmI wrote:

Man, I'd forgotten about that!!! That was almost as shocking as Ace Frehley coming out on Night 2!

Hadn't had a chance to hear the boots yet, but going through and listening now.
  • Options
    PJ Sparks wrote:
    Just wondering if there was a poster for the show.quote]

There was a SWEET poster for the show on black posterboard. The REAL score of the evening, though, were the exclusive Atlantic City t-shirts. They were out of XXLs an hour before they even let anyone in the doors on the FIRST NIGHT. They only had S and M by the time the show started, and were sold out by show's end. They didn't make a return appearance for the second night.
  • Options
    kmankman Posts: 32
    Anyone know why Ed's preset tune is not included on the Boots?
    Got some kicks want to take a ride?
  • Options
    grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    roman33 wrote:
    I am listening to RVM right now and I have to agree with the earlier post about this being the best version I have EVER heard....the little bit with Eddie singing "I hop you know, why I have to let it go" was incredible and how it segued into Jeff's bass was awesome. Even the crowd got Eddie shouting "HEY, HEY". God I love this band.

best RVM ever. definitely the real highlight of the night. anyone else catch ed's african tribal dance? where the fuck did *that* come from?
    take your money and your drugs.
  • Options
    i was really lucky to be able to see this show. I had such a great time and the music was brilliant :)
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    kaluss wrote:
    it might've been fun, but setlist doesn't really look too spectacular. Evenflow and Alive? Anyone out there have buyers remorse?

Tonight might be the night?

whose ass did you crawl out of?
  • Options
    "The lesson tonight is how to drink and smoke in public!!" Goddamn...both nights were just incredible. I wish I could go to the Philly show...i can't wait for them to go on tour again.
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

Atlantic City: 09/30/05, 10/01/05
  • Options
    kalusskaluss Posts: 38
    edited March 2010
    you spend a lot of time thinking
    Post edited by kaluss on
  • Options
    phenomenal show, fantastic energy. I thought the crowd was pretty good too. Except for the dickhead that didn't think I could be a diehard fan because i'm a girl. Was a wonderful evening. When I left my legs were shaking from jumping and dancing. Couldn't hear nor could I speak from yelling and singing. I was close enough I could see perfectly, despite being 5'4. I felt like I was watching one of the DVD's. You could really see that the guys were having a great time on stage. Good stuff! A very memorable evening.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    did anyone else buy the bootleg to this show and the front/nack cover has the wrong date on it?
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    Just got done driving 3 hours from AC. The show was amazing to say the least!!! I was 10 feet or so from the center on the rail Mike's side. :D There was little shoving and the security guy in front of me said that the PJ crowd was well behaved. :D The hard rocking main set was unbelieve! My ears are still ringing and I can hardly talk! I didn't think the band would ever slow down. Porch, Hail Hail, Animal, SOLAT, Whipping, E-Flow, Grievance, and Green Disease were rocking really hard! Mike was out of control the whole night.

Ed addressed the crowd after someone was crowd surfing and said that shit was for 92 or something along those lines. He said if you want to surf the ocean is right there. Ed also mentioned that he expected a different crowd more of a high roller type and was surprised to see so many hardcore fans. Said they were going to stray from the setlist and then broke into Sad. Blood was very intense and a great closer to a rocking main setlist.

Nice version of Man Of The Hour to start the first encore. Low Light was a very nice suprise and RVM had a nice HEY chant going at the end. Very cool! Once and Alive rocked very hard. Like the old days. :D Was hoping for Footsteps to be played to complete the trilogy.

Hightlighs include:

Ed putting the mike over the area where I was standing for a short sing along during Once.

Hearing Low Light! Love that song.

Sing along at the end of E-Flow.

Ruby Tuesday teaser.

The overall intensity of the show!!!

How unbelievably mad at myself am I for going to the bathroom during "Once"???? I never, ever leave to go the bathroom during a PJ show and the one time I do, Eddie holds a microphone over the section that I'm standing with you and solat and I'm not friggin there to experience it!!! What a major jackass I am! I am never going to the bathroom again....hahahahaha
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
  • Options
    My only regret is i couldnt go to night 2.
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    kaluss wrote:
    it might've been fun, but setlist doesn't really look too spectacular. Evenflow and Alive? Anyone out there have buyers remorse?

Tonight might be the night?

Nope.....an experience I will never forget....seeing Pearl Jam in a small venue two nights in a row. Night one was kick ass!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown