Options

**9/30 Borgata Fanviews Here**

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,932
edited October 2005 in Given To Fly (live)
Ed Solo: No Surrender (by Bruce Springsteen)

Set list: Long Road, Porch, Hail Hail, Animal, State of Love and Trust, Whipping, Even Flow, Grievance, Green Disease, Daughter/(WMA/Ruby Tuesday), I Got Shit, Small Town, Better Man, Sad, Do The Evolution, Save You, Blood

1st encore: Man of the Hour, Off He Goes, Low Light, Crazy Mary, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore: I Believe in Miracles (by the Ramones), Once, Alive, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    nice, wooohooo!
  • Options
    yotan18yotan18 Posts: 103
    hello there people!!! :)

i hope you enjoyed the show!!!
    "The Day of Redemption is at hand! Repent, and thou shall be saved..." - A. Ventura

"I always tell the truth. Even when I lie" - T. Montana
    ---
    "Yeah i know... sounds stupid." Aldrin said.

#18 INC forever
  • Options
    Bird33Bird33 Posts: 120
    Just got done driving 3 hours from AC. The show was amazing to say the least!!! I was 10 feet or so from the center on the rail Mike's side. :D There was little shoving and the security guy in front of me said that the PJ crowd was well behaved. :D The hard rocking main set was unbelieve! My ears are still ringing and I can hardly talk! I didn't think the band would ever slow down. Porch, Hail Hail, Animal, SOLAT, Whipping, E-Flow, Grievance, and Green Disease were rocking really hard! Mike was out of control the whole night.

Ed addressed the crowd after someone was crowd surfing and said that shit was for 92 or something along those lines. He said if you want to surf the ocean is right there. Ed also mentioned that he expected a different crowd more of a high roller type and was surprised to see so many hardcore fans. Said they were going to stray from the setlist and then broke into Sad. Blood was very intense and a great closer to a rocking main setlist.

Nice version of Man Of The Hour to start the first encore. Low Light was a very nice suprise and RVM had a nice HEY chant going at the end. Very cool! Once and Alive rocked very hard. Like the old days. :D Was hoping for Footsteps to be played to complete the trilogy.

Hightlighs include:

Ed putting the mike over the area where I was standing for a short sing along during Once.

Hearing Low Light! Love that song.

Sing along at the end of E-Flow.

Ruby Tuesday teaser.

The overall intensity of the show!!!
  • Options
    kalusskaluss Posts: 38
    it might've been fun, but setlist doesn't really look too spectacular. Evenflow and Alive? Anyone out there have buyers remorse?

Tonight might be the night?
  • Options
    kaluss wrote:
    it might've been fun, but setlist doesn't really look too spectacular. Evenflow and Alive? Anyone out there have buyers remorse?

.....I can`t believe that someone out there would say that about a Pearl Jam show....." Buyers remorse ".....who would feel that after a pearl jam show.....to even listen to a concert.....or even better.....to actually be there, would be an actual dream come true for a lot of fans.....and not one of us would call the show anything but unbelievable.....to actually be there, would make all the difference in the world to a fan of the music....to actually see the music being played in front of you,would make you feel like you could do anything.....so I guess all I want to say is that I really don`t want to hear.....or read, about people saying that one of these shows is average....or a " standard " show.....this is Pearl Jam.....they actually do make a difference to some of us.....thanks people.....take care.
    MORE BARN!!!!!
  • Options
    kaluss wrote:

You are way off. I didn't understand why some members here thought that these shows would be so incredible. It was the energy in the room. The band fed off of it and it was amazing! this was my 21st show spanning back to 1995 and it may have been the best. I have to let it all soak in.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options
    gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 440
    kaluss wrote:

Typical comment from someone who didn't actually go to the show. Expect more of these from the same type of typical individuals. But not from me. It looks like it was a great show.
  • Options
    ardyardy Posts: 53
    kaluss wrote:

define "spectacular" ......

every pearl jam show i've ever been to has been spectacular, and then some :)
    "Can I ask you a question?" (.....you just did.....)
  • Options
    I am gong tonite-how small was the venue-was there a real different feeling about it-I am so excited for tonites show
    I suggest we step out, on the porch
  • Options
    ardyardy Posts: 53
    i didn't go, i was just defining the word 'spectacular'... :)

but be excited
    and rock out for
    those of us who
    are not there........

welcome back my friends to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could attend, come inside..come inside.... ;)
    "Can I ask you a question?" (.....you just did.....)
  • Options
    kaluss wrote:

I guess you weren't there because those 2 songs were amazing. Once again I guess they have to play a set full of Lost Dogs or rarities for it to be a good show.
  • Options
    I am gong tonite-how small was the venue-was there a real different feeling about it-I am so excited for tonites show

The venue is super small. Like seeing PJ in my high school auditurium(sp). You will have the best time. I expect the crowd to be instense like Friday and the band will feed off of that.
  • Options
    The venue is super small. Like seeing PJ in my high school auditurium(sp). You will have the best time. I expect the crowd to be instense like Friday and the band will feed off of that.

I hate you now...

You texted me and said "Bry open"...

!!!Explain!
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • Options
    kaluss wrote:

I am getting so tired of these people criticizing the setlists. Boring, generic, not spectacular. You all are full of sh*t.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
    well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride! -Unknown
  • Options
    sxysadie wrote:
    I am getting so tired of these people criticizing the setlists. Boring, generic, not spectacular. You all are full of sh*t.

Thank you. :D I couldn't agree more!!!
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Buyer's remorse? That a joke? I'll admit that the pushing, assholes next to me slam dancing through Porch ,Hail,Hail, and Animal, and getting my feeting jumped on...oh for steel toes...were not highlights of my evening. But, the energy from both bands and the fans was awesome. I swear I felt the floor shaking during Porch and Hail,Hail. "Principal Vedder", listen to the boot, chose just the right time to talk with the pupils about crowd discipline,IIRC about 5 songs in. His words had the desired affect for the rest of the evening.The crowd was no different than the congested ,frenetic floor at any show IMHO.I say this after being 15 feet from the stage.

There were more than enough highlights...and Lowlight...for me.Whipping and Grievance bookending Even Flow, Green Disease,I Got Shit, Man Of The Hour,Off He Goes and Crazy Mary featuring Mike and Boom trading licks on Boom's riser once again.INFUCKINCREDIBLE!!! Loved hearing Once and SOLAT also.Hell, I might as well list every song because it was an AWESOME SHOW!! Well worth the broker dollars I paid.Going again tonight.More foot pain ,but pain lets me know I'm ALIVE. As does my time at PJ shows.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Forgot to add that, as a Bruce fan also, I loved Eddie's beautiful,poignant cover of No Surrender and Sleater-Kinney's equally wonderful cover of Promised Land , featuring kick ass drummer Janet Weiss on harmonica and beautiful vocals by Carrie Brownstein and Corin Tucker.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Interesting side notes from the show.
    During/after the encore playing of Baba O'Riley, Principal Vedder tosses the used and sometimes broken tambourines into the handicapped, wheel-chaired section of the crowd. Nice touch .........done without much fanfare.
    Also, Eddie struggles to put into words his view of the Borgata as a venue(structured like a large lecture hall)........."I 've never been to college but this reminds me of one of those large classrooms....with the seating setup and all".......strictly paraphrasing of course.
    See you at The Big House on Monday.
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    That jack ass who said the concert was not that great even though he was not there? Was a dumb ass! I was there and it was one of the best I have seen yet! Not b/c I is so new to me but b/c it really was hard core rockin! The place was jumping all night till the end!Oh and Boom Gaspers Keyboard on Crazy Mary was unbelievable! It was fucking amazing! I paid alot but it was worth every pennie. Holy shit what a good time!
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    ritg19ritg19 Posts: 111
    does anyone know if people went down there without a ticket and somehow got one? maybe the box office released some more? i'm trying to figure out if it's worth making the 2+ hr trip down in hopes i can get one .....
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on....
  • Options
    ritg19 wrote:
    does anyone know if people went down there without a ticket and somehow got one? maybe the box office released some more? i'm trying to figure out if it's worth making the 2+ hr trip down in hopes i can get one .....

Yes the box office did release tickets yesterday. They released about 40 or so around 3 or 4. They will be doing the same for tonights show too.
  • Options
    ritg19ritg19 Posts: 111
    wow, i better get down there then. do you know if there was an early line in anticipation of this?
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on....
  • Options
    ritg19 wrote:
    wow, i better get down there then. do you know if there was an early line in anticipation of this?

I do not know. My friend heard it from someone so I can't even be sure it is 100% true or not. I would think there might be more of a crowd tonight if people are getting word out that they are releasing tickets. Sorry I can' tbe of any help.
  • Options
    Ed also mentioned that he expected a different crowd more of a high roller type and was surprised to see so many hardcore fans.

thats what i figured too.. they were probably thinking a greatest hits type set list would fit the crowd best and when they got out there they were like " holy shit these people are hardcore".. tonight im sure they will go all out, it will be crazy too bad i can't go
    E-A-G-L-E-S
  • Options
    My review:

I just got back and what a show!!!! Everything I was hoping for and more. I have been to about 15 shows in my lifetime, including both MSG's last year, and this one topped it all!

Where to start....
    It was so close and intimate. The sound system is amazing. I got there right as doors opened (about 7) and ended up walking right up to about the 10th row of people on the floor, maybe 15 feet from the stage-dead center.

Ed came out and did the Bruce song No Surrender. One of my favorites and he nailed it. As he was heading off he said "This is going to be an even more exciting night than I thought." The crowd was going nuts.

Slater Kinney I wont talk much about because I am not a big fan. People were boo'ing them, which isnt really cool.

At about 9:15 pearl jam took the stage. They opened with a great version of long road, with dim blue lights showing only the shadows of band members. After that they started to ROCK. I mean this was hardcore. They ripped into about 5 awesome songs in a row.

At this point there was a lot of pushing and showing in the GA section. Like always some drunken idiots have to start moshing and pushing their way to the front. It calmed down after a few songs though, and I have to give props to all the people around me the rest of the night. We were able to dance and move around a bit, but there was no more pushing or rudeness. Just cool fans.

However, if you are going tommorow and have GA seats, be ready to get pushed a bit. It weasnt terrible, but its pretty tight. Just hope you are around some cool people.

After the first few songs Eddie addressed the crowd. He was concerned about safety all night. He kept asking if everyone was ok and asked people not to crowd surf (even after he asked some people still did, what idiots!)

The band was very into it tonight. Eddie mentioned several times that the crowd was a little different than he thought and they would have to adjust the setlist. He said he thought it would be "a bunch of high rollers and their kids" but he was wrong.

Most of the second set was acoustic, but sounded spectacular. They ended up playing for almost 3 hours!

Highlights for me were I got Shit (sounded amazing), Alive and Once played back to backk (shades of the early days tonight people!), and acoustic versions of Crazy Mary and Low Light. During Crazy Mary Mike went over to Boom and they were jamming out together near the organ and joking around...stone even got in on it. Eddie also kept us up to date on the yankees red sox score. He was very animated and wasted by the end of the show. He even just fell down at one point. He was smoking and drinking during the whole show!!!

Anyway great time. Worth whatever amount you spent on it. People going tommorow, get ready, youre in for quite an experience. If anyone has ?'s for me feel free to post them. Im gonna shower then check back! Cheers.
  • Options
    cjinpacjinpa Posts: 4
    After driving 2.5 hours, we were a little disappointed about not being able to get in, but I kind of expected it to go down that way. I did meet some other cool people from the 10 club though who also did not get in. I have to say that the most annoying part of the whole ordeal was watching numerous people going into the show from the bar area well after the show had already begun; and other people coming out of the show during this same time frame. I mean, do these people really want to be at the show or what? I guess it doesn't matter; you just need to have enough $ that you can pony up $600 for a ticket. I observed one very touching random act of kindness, however, when a gentleman offered up 2 tickets to someone in need, asking for no money at all in return. These are the kind of people I want rocking out next to me, not some preppy, fake fools who don't belong at the show to begin with. To quote Chris Cornell, "I'll be glad when they get the f*ck out of here. We don't need that sh*t!" -Keep rockin'
    Can't see my tracks,
    Your scent-way back
  • Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    I Cant Wait!!! Leaving For Ac In 2 Hours!!
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    kaluss wrote:

One thing i can't stand more is when people judge a show by looking at the setlist. For fuck sakes you weren't even in the room.
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • Options
    Just wondering if there was a poster for the show.

PJ Sparks

ps. anyone who looks at a setlist, and says it looks boring, is an idiot, simple and plain. Go listen to State College 2003 and cue up Satan's Bed. Rare, yes, but they butchered it (kudos for the attempt). A killer version of Even Flow always gets people jumping.
    Plus in addition to a stellar setlist, they got Eddie playing "No Surrender", and the amazing Sleater-Kinney (who we should be thankful we have such an amazing band to see open) who also played their great version of "The Promised Land". Sounds like a hell of a night.

pps. isn't the Hamptons just New York's version of the OC? Turn down the collar on your pink polo and shut the fuck up.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it to peace".
  • Options
    Wes, I mean Volition,

you kick ass!

Sparks
    "You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it to peace".