Options

*** Buenos Aires 11/26 Fanviews Here

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,923
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
If you were at the show, please tell us about it here.....

Set list: MFC, Save You, Hail Hail, Animal, Given To Fly, Small Town, Whipping, Even Flow, Love Boat Captain, Corduroy, Lukin, 1/2 Full, Daughter/(WMA), Insignificance, Jeremy, Do The Evolution, Go

1st encore: State of Love and Trust, Black, Better Man, Porch

2nd encore: Last Kiss (by Frank Wilson), I Believe in Miracles (by the Ramones), Alive, Rockin' in the Free World (by Neil Young), Yellow Ledbetter
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    EwankEwank Posts: 108
    Well, don´t get me wrong. The show was AWESOME!! I think both were the same, but I was a bit dissapointed in the fact that there absolutly no surprises....safe for the WMA tag and 1/2 full. But the rest....great songs, love them, but I don´t think they had played alive, daughter, Black and Evenflow 2 shows in a row like in a very LONG TIME.

Don´t hate me, i`m not complaining nor bitching. :P

GREAT SHOWS!! The energy of the people was AMAZING!! We sure showed them that we south american are a great audience and we give a nice treatment to great bands. I screamed my lungs out for a chance of seeing Stone singing :(

The coolest thing, at least for me, was meeting Eddie, Mike, Jeff, Stone and Matt...and Boom. And calling my girlfriend back in Bolivia and have her listen to Evolution, Love boat captain, Ledbetter, Last Kiss and Given to fly. :D:D

Does ANYONE know what they played in the soundcheck yesterday??? PLEASE!!

THANKS BOYS FOR COMING!! WON¨T EVER FORGET IT!!!!
  • Options
    i would be more surprised if they broke out sad or something like that. only because i would think they would want to play the hits because they have never been there and most of the fans may only see them this one time.
  • Options
    Sea wrote:
    If you were at the show, please tell us about it here.....

Set list: MFC, Save You, Hail Hail, Animal, Given To Fly, Small Town, Whipping, Even Flow, Love Boat Captain, Corduroy, Lukin, 1/2 Full, Daughter/(WMA), Insignificance, Jeremy, Do The Evolution, Go

1st encore: State of Love and Trust, Black, Better Man, Porch

2nd encore: Last Kiss (by Frank Wilson), I Believe in Miracles (by the Ramones), Alive, Rockin' in the Free World (by Neil Young), Yellow Ledbetter
    thanks for two days of freedom!!!!!!!!!!
    was a perfect nigth
    now i'm alive!!!!
  • Options
    hoy no pude estar (estuve en el primero) y escuché este por la radio, pero parece que fué el mejor show de los 4 que van hasta ahora. por lo menos eso es lo que parece, y según la propia banda estas dos ultimas noches fueron inolvidables.

GRACIAS PJ!
    >>> I felt the earth on Monday, it moved beneath my feet, in the form of a morning paper, laid out for me to see.
    Saw his face in a color picture, I recognized the name, could not stop staring at the face I'd never see again.
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    So MUCH better than last night. I did not almost die for one thing, and mi new amigos y amigas are muy fantistico! More when I return in a week for all my Baltimore-Washington friends.
  • Options
    mad22mad22 Posts: 82
    Quiero decir que fueron las dos noches mas felices de mi vida, realmente dos noches que no voy a olvidar nunca. Lo mas lindo de todo fue que el publico fue casi tan protagonista del espectaculo como la banda.

Asi que quiero agradecerles a todos los que fueron por poner tan buena onda y cantar/saltar/aplaudir todo el tiempo. Fue algo realmente especial.

GRACIAS PEARL JAM, y GRACIAS A LOS FANS. GRACIAS.

PD: Que les parecio LAST KISS en español?!?!?! Quien cantaba??
    Egos are left at the door, elitism is non-existant and we are all joining together for a common goal: to raise funds and awareness while living the awesome life of a Pearl Jam Fan.

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org/
  • Options
    FeddeFedde Posts: 2
    Creo que ayer y hoy se cumplio el sueño de mucha gente!!! no hay manera de expresar lo que se vivio en estas hermosas dos noches!!!
    Hay algo que me encanto escuchar ademas de cada una de las canciones...
    Eddie dijo... "next time"...
  • Options
    wHAT A SHOW!!... The Two shows where great. They change six or seven songs, but the ever hits remains (black, alive, yellow lb, even flow)... i think the first was more emotional, they cry with the song of the ramones.
    i hope that they came another time. But for now i can be happy.
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    ryan198 wrote:
    So MUCH better than last night. I did not almost die for one thing, and mi new amigos y amigas are muy fantistico! More when I return in a week for all my Baltimore-Washington friends.

some1 who made the trip....

and my friends think I'm crazy flying coast to coast checking out shows =)

have a blast and give us a recap when you get back!
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    moniQmoniQ Posts: 3
    I went to friday´s concert, and I listened to saturday´s one on the radio...
    I think that the last one was the better one... they played my favourite songs!
    but, i´m not complaining or anything... it´s just that I wish I could get tickets for both days...
    Anyways, Pearl Jam was SOOOO GREAT! and audience was even more haha
    I felt the energy so so so much...
    It was the best show EVER!

I loved when they played "I belive in miracles" and Eddie started to cry... it was like a really cool moment!

We need the Argentina´s concert DVD! :)

I, Ohhhh, I´m Still Alive!
    *Dancing Days*
  • Options
    Ewank wrote:
    Well, don´t get me wrong. The show was AWESOME!! I think both were the same, but I was a bit dissapointed in the fact that there absolutly no surprises....safe for the WMA tag and 1/2 full. But the rest....great songs, love them, but I don´t think they had played alive, daughter, Black and Evenflow 2 shows in a row like in a very LONG TIME.

Don´t hate me, i`m not complaining nor bitching. :P

GREAT SHOWS!! The energy of the people was AMAZING!! We sure showed them that we south american are a great audience and we give a nice treatment to great bands. I screamed my lungs out for a chance of seeing Stone singing :(

The coolest thing, at least for me, was meeting Eddie, Mike, Jeff, Stone and Matt...and Boom. And calling my girlfriend back in Bolivia and have her listen to Evolution, Love boat captain, Ledbetter, Last Kiss and Given to fly. :D:D

THANKS BOYS FOR COMING!! WON¨T EVER FORGET IT!!!!

Maybe because Pearl jam have never played there before they are playing a real radio friendly set list. I know that if had never seen them live before, I would want to hear jeremy, Evenflow, Daughter, Alive, SOLAT, Betterman, GIven to Fly regardless of whether they had been played the night before. People are turning up to seee these songs played live, not B-sides and rarities.
    "we're friends, only because of my situation"

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No. 41-+--+

" Nearly died...scared alive..."
  • Options
    cezcez Posts: 39
    Gracias a todos los que brindaron apoyo de cualquier manera para guiarme en Bs As entre empujones, gritos, interpretaciones de canciones, risas, carreras, etc

Agradezco los momentos que se compartieron en, durante y luego de los shows.

Nunca los olvidare y quedaremos unidos de por vida jammera.......

Agradezco a Leandro, Rony el Uruguayo (grabamos el bootleg No Official en Audio) mientras yo filme varios canciones y momentos en mi CAMARA (apertura, el agradecimiento "el show de anoche ha sido uno de los mas memorables de banda", Christhian, John from Hell, Diego, Kurko, Yanina y su amiga Alfonsina (que mamacita!! escribeme!), Pam Stevens de jackfm radio Vancouver Canada, los del "Buzon" ( todos)... y Manuel "el Chileno del Showbox" que tipo tan afortunado en esta puta vida.

Al Henry de Peru, el combo de Chamozolanos y muchos , muchos mas...

Estaremos en contacto y les mando la remera al que le quedo faltando.

Suerte y nunca los olvidare!
  • Options
    Come one people. Necesito leer mas de lo que paso durante el show. No lo pude escuchar por radio. Como fue Black? ?Canto eddie la linea "We belong together como anoche?

Necesito mas informacion!
  • Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    you know what they were you motherfuckers in my signature!!!!.....I dont feel like writing right now, ok?....its fuckin 3 AM and my legs feel like a flan with sweet of milk and my head like a hole in my head like a hole........

the show...it sucked.....shittty, boring show!

die to pearl jam!..please never come back again!!!!!!

PJ RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
  • Options
    sebaarg88sebaarg88 Posts: 1,277
    f3d3z wrote:
    PJ RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!
    only love can break your heart
    but only love can brake your fall
  • Options
    I think this show was fantastic. Incredible. with a lot of great songs, love boat captain dedicated to cromagnon victims, very moving. The banda was awesome again. I should rest in peace... till they come back.

But the Friday`s show has to be remembered as one of the greatest ever. Eddie said that today "last concert was one of the greatest of our life" and said in spanish "no nos queremos ir".

I can't ask for more from music . Thanx for coming and come back soon.
  • Options
    Ewank wrote:

soundcheck:

i got shit
    breakerfall
    habit
    light years
    Dont gimme no lip (we asked Stone to sing the day before in the hotel, and we got our present)
    Love boat captain
    and one more that i dont remember
  • Options
    I went to both shows... first one was really REALLY intense. You've read all that happened there, download it if you're up for a real experience. Saturday's was more enjoyable somehow, having been through a frantic day the day before. The anxiety levels were a "tad" lower, so that helped to enjoy the show in a different way.

The setlist was pretty similar to the 25th except from some songs here and there.

I believe the highlight of the show was just before the first encore... pearl jam was backstage and the crowd was almost silent, and then something started stirring, and this ended up with the whole 25,000 people singing and jumping like crazy "oleeee olee ole oleeeee ole olaaaaa, oleee ole oleee cada día te quiero mas!!! Sooooooy de Pearl Jaaaam, es un sentimiento... no puedo parar!!" (something like: I'm a Pearl Jam fan, it's a feeling I can't stop)....

The band just stood there, the whole 6 of them, watching, amazed, with a smile in their face and their jaws on the floor. The kind of smile you wear when your heart feels that you're loved in a true, honest way and you know words won't help in any way to try to give something in return of that gesture.

Even though we are thousand of miles away, we belong together...

Thank guys for the most amazing experience in my life.
  • Options
    grunge78grunge78 Posts: 10,342
    My God! Excelent, great! I expected more bsides or rarities, like Ed playing his ukelele, but State of love and Trust, hail hail, porch, 1/2 full, Lukin...was enough!.
    The crowd tonight were a little bit "softer" (maybe, because more than the half were tired, or was just me?) But, when I say "softer" I mean "I don't think about a Roskilde 2, like I did in the first show"...

PS: Great the spanish version of Last Kiss Intro...When it started, I thought there were a problem, because the sound at the stadium were quiet (all waiting the lights out), and suddenly started the music...but a little seconds later, I realize that it was a kind of intro or something, and the whole crowd start singing the "wooo o wooo oo wooooooo" part of last kiss...until the band came to stage...it was great. If you have the boot, you can hear it, the first 5 or 7 seconds. Just excelent.
  • Options
    te cuento german...ayer romy, que terminó practicamente amiga del famoso Pete, volvió a preguntarles si le habia dado nuestro reagalo, en el cual se mencionaba que ibamos a estar conla bandera en el show....Pete le recontra juró a romy que se lo había dado en mano a eddie,....entonces despues lo de la bandera fue así...Estabamos John, Buru y yo ahi adelante al medio (los dos shows ahi completos...somos unos grosos!!!!!!)...teníamos la bandera desplegada pero medio caiducha cuando de repente ...el momento...Ed la vé y nos hace señas de que se la mostremos...la levantamos entre los tres más alto que nunca entre todo el fin de semana...no lo podiamos creer, la lee, nos hace el ok con el pulgar y le hacemos señas de que se la vamos a tirar...ahí la agarra john y ya se la revoleaba así como estaba...atinó a gritarle "pará, pará,pará...un nudo que sino no llega"...me la pasa, le hago el nudo más rapido que hice en mi vida, no sé como, entonces queda pesadita, con buen vuelo..se la devuelvo a john que tiene más brazos que yo (todo esto estamos hablando de milesimas de segundo)...y se la tira exacto al pie del microfono..despues vuelan un par de cosas más, entonces eddie medio que la pierde de vista...al final de tema..o en un solo de mike me parece, empieza a chequear entre lo que le habian tirado....levanta un par de trapos, no les da pelota y ahí de repente ubcia nuestra bandera que estaba toda anudada...la levanta..se empieza a tomar el laburo de ir desanudandola mientras mike seguía punteando y yo empezaba a imaginar el infarto de romy y ahi es cuando la estira y la muestra y despues la pone sobre su monitor...al final del show, se la estaba olvidando, nosotros igual ya estabamos hechos, da dos pasos para irse y vuelve para llevarse la bandera envuelta al hombro...romy para ese entonces estaba ubicada en un lugar desde el cual se veía la salida de las vans y pudo verlo a eddie subiendo a la camioneta con la bandera que era parte del otro regalo...ahora Pete....ya no dudamos más de vos!....altisima empcion en ese momento, te podrás imaginar....nosotros en first row con juan y marina, no pudimos evitar darnos unos abrazitos triangulares en ese momento...la verdad que lo de ayer fue para llorar de la emocion que es lo que me está empezando a pasar mientras escribo...no solo por el show de la banda sino por lo que pudimos lograr estando nostros tres juntos ahi adelante fue hermoso...Me refiero a que el dia anterior no habia terminado bien para muchos de nosotros....yo de muy mal humor...muchas chicas lastimadas...en fin vos sabes german...la conclusion era que ayer nosotros tres eramos los unicos de la bandita del thread pegados a la valla...lo dudamos mucho...veiamos que todos los demas no se habian querido quedar (eramos 30 en la fila del tenclub, contra los 100 de ayer) antes de que empiece nos miramos con juan y marina y nos dijimos "no nos saca nadie?", "ok, no nos saca nadie carajo"...y asi fue que gracias al aguante que nos hicimos y al cuidado constante entre los tres durante todo el show pudimos disfrutarlo como nunca y estando siempre en primera fila a pasitos de mike, eddie y jeff....GRACIAS JUAN, IDOLO TOTAL Y GRACIAS MARINA"RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIOT GIRL" POR HABER SIDO PARTE DE LO QUE VIVÍ ANOCHE...LOS VOY A EXTRAÑAR MUCHISIMO!
  • Options
    Los agradecimientos, no se como expresarlos tanto como el día 25 y 26 fuero único en mi historia y la de muchos jóvenes argentinos, a los cuales le pasara como a mi esperando, que Pearl Jam venga desde hace años, Creo que Supero mi expectativa Ampliamente estoy agradecido de corazón hasta la eternidad.
    un abrazo muy especial para el gordo que ahora es flaco y toca la guitarra la rompio tanto como todo el grupo.
    Un Abrazo muy grande Espero poder volverlos a ver en la Argentina.
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    that's all I'm going to say...... ;):D

Saw the show upfront with 2 buddies (fede and John) and we stuck together and protected ourselves, so i did not feel like i would die and could enjoy the show even more than the first night. It was just too special.......

The band in fire and being really happy, the crowd just wild and full of energy, coming up with Pearl Jam chants on more than one ocassion. Most memorable one the:

Ole ole ole ole ole ole ola
    soy de pearl Jam, es un sentimiento
    no puedo paraaaaaaaaaaar

that seemed to go on for ages, and the guys just stood there and watched, amazed, happy and thankfull. Ed talked more this time, and dedicated LBC to the victims lost in Cromagnon last year (saying how we had lost friends there, and they had also lost friends in Roskilde). He had a "rock for choice" t-shirt which was really cool too.

The show kicked of with Last kiss in spanish, and PJ then coming on stage, Eddie singing the oh oho ohhhho ooooh part with us, it was just TOO loud! :D
    and they started with MFC, what a great song!!
    As yesterday, it was a really upbeat show full of classics, with some nice surprises thrown in.

After MFC, came Save You (just wild) - band was on fire the whole show!
    then we got a bit of No Code, which had not been played yesterday (Hail Hail), Animal, Given to Fly (yes!!!!), Small Town (yes!!!) and i think around this time we were waving this flag we had made. Ed pointed at it and asked us to show him the flag, so we raised it real high and he kinda nodded at us! We then threw the flag onstage.

Then came whipping, even flow (just crazy!) During Mike's solo, or maybe it was later on, he located the flag, procedeed to unknot it, showed it to the public and placed it on a speaker/monitor could not really tell, and it stayed there the whole show!!! We were so happy (oh and they did get our presents, Pete (security) confirmed this to Romy, a friend and fan, so in the presents was a bottle of wine, some mafalda books, and a note explaining how we were a group of 15 or so people, who had met thanks to them and that we were giving them some good argentine wine, the reason for the choice of the Mafalda books (they are a comic way of learning about argentina and its politics in general) and that we had a flag that said "Your light made us stars" and "thank you". I'm sure Ed and the guys got the presents, because other flag got thrown onstage but he just picked them up and discarded it, as if he was looking for OUR flag, and he found it!!! It was just too cool.

Love Boat captain had a great intro! He spoke in spanish and said how they knew we had lost so many people last year at Cromagnon (almost 200 died in an indoor concert, due to somoeone lighting a flare that caught fire with the cloths hanging in the ceiling of the place) and that they had also lost people, so that the next song was for them. And after that they went into LBC (Ed fucked the lyrics a bit, but it did not matter)

the show continued to rock the whole way through, half full was a nice surprise. as was Daughter tagged with WMA. Insignificance was just too great, i love that song.

The explosion for me also came with SOLAT; i just went completely crazy with that one, what a way to start the first encore!! then came Black which was absolutely special too, with us singing the turu rur ru part for ages it seemed and Ed touching his heart. Betterman, a classic. Then Porch which started kinda slow and funky and was a great version too.

For the second encore: last kiss, i believe in miracles, alive, rocking in the free world (fuck yeah!! that was so cool) and the Yellow Ledbetter i was so sad to hear that song. Mike did a great solo too, they all got together to say goodbye, and clapped and waved, they were amazed and happy of the crowd, that's for sure. As Eddie was leaving, he returned, picked up OUR flag, put it on his shoulders and left!! I could not believe it and could not stop hugging my friends. Too special........

I think we were an awesome crowd, and the band felt this. Ed also said there would be a next time, and sooner. :D
    They thanked us more than once for our cheering, chanting and the love we were showing them. I still can't believe it, it was sooo special. :)
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    mariemarie Posts: 1
    a los q estuvieron....el 26/11...q bien me la hicieron pasar...fui sola al campo pense q iba a ser imposible...pero la pase genial....me parecieron todos los chicos super ubicados...cero disturbio todos fuimos a lo mismo.....ver a Vedder cantando ....q voz flaco.....q bien sono.... vi muchos chicos con digitales si tienen fotos please manden.....
    Saludos a todosssssssssssss y me mori con la carita de Eddie con el cantito...de es un sentimiento no puedo parar....el flaco nos miraba con una dulzura......chicos...quiero compartir con todos los q fueron y con los q no pudieron mi felicidad de haber visto a PEARL JAM....en ferro....
  • Options
    Escucho pearl Jam desde el 91 , cuando salio ten y nadie lo escuchaba , todos a full con nirvana, despues versus y vitalogy y ahi quede, me oriente a otros gustos musicales y no me gusto mucho lo que hicieron despues de eso (Aunque ahora , que escuche algunos temas, me dieron ganas de pispear un poco ) ,una de las cosas que estaba medio dudando era si iban a tocar temas viejos porque realmente no conozco casi nada despues de vitalogy , y aparte al no hacer videos y yo no tener mucho contactos con ellos, revistas, etc, mi ultima imagen de ellos es del 94!!!.

Cuando los vi en la foto de promocion de la gira no lo podia creer, todos pelados, el tipo de ropa, ay dios, IGUAL QUE YO! :( , supongo que uno con las bandas se piensa que no envejecen, etc y las quiere tener siempre iguals haciendo lo mismo , simplemente eso es imposible, pensando en mi me doy cuenta de lo que cambie desde el 92 (tengo 29).

Pero ayer....ayer...cuando aparecieron, y lo vi a EDDIE VEDER, CON EL PELO LARGO , BARBA DESPROLIJA, REMERA Y ARRIBA CAMISA SUELTA...UFFFFFF CASI ME PONGO A LLORAR AHI NOMAS, LES JURO, era como un FUUUM!!! y viaje en el tiempo, los demas posta me re costaba reconocerlos, Jeff si y Mike pero por los intrumentos que tocaban , si me los cruzo por la calle ni en pp.pero Eddie Eddie.....me mando 12 años para atras , es muy dificil explicarle como se sintio eso...

Ahora el show:
    Increible supero por muchisimo mis expectativas, el sonido , la gente, y la lista de temas!!!! I believe in miracles de los ramones (siendo un viejo fan de ellos) me partio al medio llore mal mientras gritaba hasta lo que me daba la garganta

Eddie hablando en castellano , cuando hizo alusion a lo de cromañon me emociono muchiismo

Evenflow, Jeremy, Black....ufff dios jamas voy a olvidar "la sensacion" de escuchsar esos temas

y, no se si me avuerdo bien, cerraron con ALIVE, I?M STILL ALIVE!!! era como un gritio: Seguimos vivos!!!!!! , bueno , la verdad que SI
  • Options
    I did actually see a bunch of more cameras than friday, so I woudn't exclude the posbility of a DVD. I think it's most likeable that they will make some DVD of the latinamerica tour, that woud be so great!
    Besides we could compare audiences to see wich one is more crazy!! (joke)
    I'm not gonna talk 'bout the show because it's not necesary, you've been great doing that, i'm not that good at reviews.
    If if the gods want to, and someone from PJ reads this, thank you guys, just thank you
    There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark
  • Options
    Buru wrote:
    that's all I'm going to say...... ;):D

Saw the show upfront with 2 buddies (fede and John) and we stuck together and protected ourselves, so i did not feel like i would die and could enjoy the show even more than the first night. It was just too special.......

The band in fire and being really happy, the crowd just wild and full of energy, coming up with Pearl Jam chants on more than one ocassion. Most memorable one the:

Ole ole ole ole ole ole ola
    soy de pearl Jam, es un sentimiento
    no puedo paraaaaaaaaaaar

that seemed to go on for ages, and the guys just stood there and watched, amazed, happy and thankfull. Ed talked more this time, and dedicated LBC to the victims lost in Cromagnon last year (saying how we had lost friends there, and they had also lost friends in Roskilde). He had a "rock for choice" t-shirt which was really cool too.

The show kicked of with Last kiss in spanish, and PJ then coming on stage, Eddie singing the oh oho ohhhho ooooh part with us, it was just TOO loud! :D
    and they started with MFC, what a great song!!
    As yesterday, it was a really upbeat show full of classics, with some nice surprises thrown in.

After MFC, came Save You (just wild) - band was on fire the whole show!
    then we got a bit of No Code, which had not been played yesterday (Hail Hail), Animal, Given to Fly (yes!!!!), Small Town (yes!!!) and i think around this time we were waving this flag we had made. Ed pointed at it and asked us to show him the flag, so we raised it real high and he kinda nodded at us! We then threw the flag onstage.

Then came whipping, even flow (just crazy!) During Mike's solo, or maybe it was later on, he located the flag, procedeed to unknot it, showed it to the public and placed it on a speaker/monitor could not really tell, and it stayed there the whole show!!! We were so happy (oh and they did get our presents, Pete (security) confirmed this to Romy, a friend and fan, so in the presents was a bottle of wine, some mafalda books, and a note explaining how we were a group of 15 or so people, who had met thanks to them and that we were giving them some good argentine wine, the reason for the choice of the Mafalda books (they are a comic way of learning about argentina and its politics in general) and that we had a flag that said "Your light made us stars" and "thank you". I'm sure Ed and the guys got the presents, because other flag got thrown onstage but he just picked them up and discarded it, as if he was looking for OUR flag, and he found it!!! It was just too cool.

Love Boat captain had a great intro! He spoke in spanish and said how they knew we had lost so many people last year at Cromagnon (almost 200 died in an indoor concert, due to somoeone lighting a flare that caught fire with the cloths hanging in the ceiling of the place) and that they had also lost people, so that the next song was for them. And after that they went into LBC (Ed fucked the lyrics a bit, but it did not matter)

the show continued to rock the whole way through, half full was a nice surprise. as was Daughter tagged with WMA. Insignificance was just too great, i love that song.

The explosion for me also came with SOLAT; i just went completely crazy with that one, what a way to start the first encore!! then came Black which was absolutely special too, with us singing the turu rur ru part for ages it seemed and Ed touching his heart. Betterman, a classic. Then Porch which started kinda slow and funky and was a great version too.

For the second encore: last kiss, i believe in miracles, alive, rocking in the free world (fuck yeah!! that was so cool) and the Yellow Ledbetter i was so sad to hear that song. Mike did a great solo too, they all got together to say goodbye, and clapped and waved, they were amazed and happy of the crowd, that's for sure. As Eddie was leaving, he returned, picked up OUR flag, put it on his shoulders and left!! I could not believe it and could not stop hugging my friends. Too special........

I think we were an awesome crowd, and the band felt this. Ed also said there would be a next time, and sooner. :D
    They thanked us more than once for our cheering, chanting and the love we were showing them. I still can't believe it, it was sooo special. :)

If I just could ask for the administrators to close this thread after this review....is there anything more to say?....pleeease, thanks

fede
  • Options
    f3d3z wrote:
    soundcheck:

i got shit
    breakerfall
    habit
    light years
    Dont gimme no lip (we asked Stone to sing the day before in the hotel, and we got our present)
    Love boat captain
    and one more that i dont remember

GOD DAMM ME!!!!! I got Shit :'( Dios....i can´t believe it...how come i wasn´t there?? ( well, I had things to do) I got Shit is one of my favorite songs!! And I missed it. So is Light years....and Don´t give me no lip!!!! :'( At least they played LBC last night

Anyways, I met Eddie and that has got to count for somethin :D:D:D
  • Options
    Hitchiker wrote:
    Maybe because Pearl jam have never played there before they are playing a real radio friendly set list. I know that if had never seen them live before, I would want to hear jeremy, Evenflow, Daughter, Alive, SOLAT, Betterman, GIven to Fly regardless of whether they had been played the night before. People are turning up to seee these songs played live, not B-sides and rarities.

I totally understand your point, and I agree with it. It just that in Mexico 2003, where they had NEVER played before, they did some nice extras, like Mankind, Present Tense, Wash, Hunger Strike...... :'( I was expecting some surprises....

Still, AMAZING SHOW!!! My favorites were Wishlist, Given to fly, Love boat captain, Small Town, I believe in Miracles, and Yellow ledbetter ( my girlfriend listened to it via my cellphone :D:D:D!!! She´s never gonna forget that :p )

Oh, did anyone notice how Eddie kind of f---- up durin Love boat Captain in the first chorus nd in Lukin??? .....ehehehe.....I still loved them.....

Now, I HOPE THEY COME SOON!!! like in 2006?? :P

I was so close to the stage that I could really see they facial expressions....man, I still can´t believe it!!
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    I have so many good memories, it just fills my heart :)

we group of fans that became friends acomplished so much in these months and last few days......

we designed a t-shirt for ourselves
    we got together and bought presents (the guys got them)
    we made a flag, that now Ed has
    we got pics from the band, autographs, a setlist for night 2
    I shook hands with Mike, have a pic and his autograph in my benaroya cd, he also was interplaying with us dring the show, too great!!
    Met/saw most of PJ members
    we got to see two kick ass shows, and a kickass soundcheck the first day which included I got shit and Don't gimme no lip.
    we got to see the expressions of joy and amazement in all Pearl Jam members, due to the energy of the crowd
    Pearl jam clapped for us and we did for them
    i got some really cool tshirts and stickers too
    We got killer versions of Black, I believe in Miracles, RVM, Porch and just in general, band was on fire!
    i got bruises all over my arms, but i really don't care, i made it and it was wonderful and i'd do it all over again, today tomorrow and every day of my life.
    That's how special these days were to me....

It's over, but not really, just for now, for Pearl Jam will return. As Ed clearly said on more than one ocassion.

Now... it's bootleg time!! And waiting and hoping for a dvd or some sort of video....
    :D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    hey, hey, hey Buru.....I asked the adm. to close this thread and you keep on writing....thats not serious!!!.....

whats serious is that you been there in some of the three most emotive days of my life and I´ll never forget that....

Thanks god your mind is clearer than mine and you wrote this two excelents, overwhelming posts....I wish my mind and my heart never let me forget your sweet words, little PJ rockin girl princess !......