Options

Stop trading your life away for PJ20 movie!

Hugh Freaking DillonHugh Freaking Dillon Posts: 14,010
edited November 2011 in Lost Dogs
Look, the PJ20 Deluxe DVD and Blu Ray are the ONLY items that are sold out that are still in Goods. I've never seen anything sell out and stay in Goods this long. White Backspacer, backpack, shirts, posters, the list goes on and on. Just by this fact ALONE it tells me this is going to be released again.

Stop spending an arm and a leg in money or vinyl or backpacks or beer to get this. You'll get it eventually, I'm sure of it.

Like with all things Pearl Jam, you need to be patient. (I'm still not going to buy it, I just want people to stop making a big mistake).

*the previous post was an opinion only and should not be taken as a guarantee or factual statement of any kind"
-the legal team of Hugh Freaking Dillon
Gimli 1993
Fargo 2003
Winnipeg 2005
Winnipeg 2011
St. Paul 2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I sure hope you're right
  • Options
    I have no intention of buying it either (even if more show up) but your words are wise.
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    it sickens me to see some of these people ..friends that i know dropping $300-$500 on a MOVIE!!!!!

LET ALONE A BACKPACK . :D:D:D

this entire pearl jam scene is getting so out of control .its not even fun anymore ...from buying tickets to getting posters to waiting for a new record .. EVERYTHING ABOUT IT IS STARTING TO SICKEN ME AND TURN ME AWAY .and who is to blame ?????????????????????????????? THE FANS ...US...YOU AND I....

you got kids willing to sell their first born for a fucking dvd..
    grown men offering up their wives for a poster
    i had a guy offer to cut my grass for free for an entire summer if i could get him a certain poster.

WE ALL NEED TO BACK AWAY AND THE TAKE A BREATH ..HELL EVEN SHUT THE SITE DOWN FOR A FEW WEEKS
    please dont
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    im willing to bet they will be releasing more DELUXE bluray/dvd sets soon FOR CHRISTMAS
  • Options
    If you don't like the "PJ scene" then why are you on this site. I think about 99.8% of the people on here are happy with it.
  • Options
    Trade you my PJ20 Blu Ray.... for your soul..... :evil:
  • Options
    vanisle09 wrote:
    If you don't like the "PJ scene" then why are you on this site. I think about 99.8% of the people on here are happy with it.

come on man... you know what meant ...

its getting out of control .. you have to admit that ITS NOT FUN ANYMORE ... the music still rocks and always will .. ever since the philly 2009 shows something changed .. on this site and in the minds of fans ...
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:
    it sickens me to see some of these people ..friends that i know dropping $300-$500 on a MOVIE!!!!!

this entire pearl jam scene is getting so out of control .its not even fun anymore ...from buying tickets to getting posters to waiting for a new record .. EVERYTHING ABOUT IT IS STARTING TO SICKEN ME AND TURN ME AWAY .and who is to blame ?????????????????????????????? THE FANS ...US...YOU AND I....

i had a guy offer to cut my grass for free for an entire summer if i could get him a certain poster.

WE ALL NEED TO BACK AWAY AND THE TAKE A BREATH ..HELL EVEN SHUT THE SITE DOWN FOR A FEW WEEKS
    please dont

I agree that it is getting out of hand. These "limited editions" need to be eliminated or at least downscaled for truely limited stuff (e.g. certain posters, maybe coloured vinyl. Not a run of the mill backpack and a DVD/Blu Ray set that can be easily mass produced). I think when everything becomes so "limited" it really defeats the purpose of collecting.
  • Options
    Maybe I took that a bit to literally. I get what you mean, it does get a little crazy sometimes. I still enjoy going to a show and feeling the anticipation of what the poster will be and what the tour shirt looks like though.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,195
    joe2468 wrote:
    im willing to bet they will be releasing more DELUXE bluray/dvd sets soon FOR CHRISTMAS

Agreed. It's really hard watching people give up hard to find items for this. :|
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    evmanevman Posts: 55
    crap i see one of the blu ray deluxe is bid up too 619$

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pearl-Jam-PJ20- ... 3715080897
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,195
    vanisle09 wrote:

You have stats to back this up? I'd say not man. I lurked on this board back when it was known as "the message pit" from 1996-2003 and it was never like this. Joe is right, it's changed and I think it has to do with newer members. Maybe 99.8% of them are "gimme gimme gimme." Part of the a generation of "now" and "instant gratification" kinda kids. ;)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    vanisle09 wrote:

You have stats to back this up? I'd say not man. I lurked on this board back when it was known as "the message pit" from 1996-2003 and it was never like this. Joe is right, it's changed and I think it has to do with newer members. Maybe 99.8% of them are "gimme gimme gimme." Part of the a generation of "now" and "instant gratification" kinda kids. ;)

I am certainly not part of the 99.8% I tell ya.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    vanisle09 wrote:

Society as a whole has gone this way. Alot of people want things yesterday now. No-one saves for anything. Kids get handed credit cards at 18 and just spend them. I've read people on here saying their credit card is at 20k now and they ain't bothered, they will still use it to get PJ stuff. I see kids walking around with iphones in their hands wearing designer clothes and designer handbags. We're definitely in the generation of 'now' and its hit the fanclub too. Shame.

I just don't know how people can afford to spend $500 on a dvd or a backpack. Crazy.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    I think I posted it before but even if I was a millionaire I wouldn't spend $500+ on three Blu Ray/DVD discs. First, I wouldn't want to feed the flippers so to speak. And secondly, it's 3 plastic discs!!! I don't care what content is on them, there's no chance I'm paying that money for it. Hell, I still think the original price of $70 was overpriced but what can you do...
  • Options
    Hell, I still think the original price of $70 was overpriced but what can you do...

Hehehe, thats why I never bought the deluxe.

• Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    Hell, I still think the original price of $70 was overpriced but what can you do...

me too. the second disc I bought from iTunes, and I'm sure the 3rd will show up "somewhere". ;) in essence people are paying $700 for a fucking package. in-SANE.

either way, I think that more will be released, then all the folks that remortgaged their home to get this will be freaking out on this very board that 10C "lied" about it being limited.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Why do you think the turning point was Philly 2009? Just curious.
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options

the fan club ticketing severe fuck up. some 10clubbers were in the rafters. it was a schmoz. the board was a lynch mob for weeks. it was brutal.

ever since then, people are a lot quicker to bitch about all things fan club.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    boyo79 wrote:

me too. the second disc I bought from iTunes, and I'm sure the 3rd will show up "somewhere". ;) in essence people are paying $700 for a fucking package. in-SANE.

either way, I think that more will be released, then all the folks that remortgaged their home to get this will be freaking out on this very board that 10C "lied" about it being limited.

It is insane. It's really stupid. I don't get the backpack either.
    Look at the orange fixer. You could get a white fixer and it sounds the same. You're paying for the "packaging." didn't people pay $800 for that when people were finding them in record store tweets? It's a collectible, I get it... but Vedder didn't come deliver it to your house and do your laundry. It's just a record. The DVD/Bluray is just a movie. I've heard it's a great movie (disc 2 & 3), but it's just a movie.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    tigers84tigers84 Greenville, SC Posts: 457
    i would LOVE if the site went down for a MONTH. Maybe instead of breathing every breathe on this site people would enjoy life including FRESH air!!!!! Those of u buying dvds and backpacks for $300-600 are why he/I am getting bored of this forum. Dont tell me not to get on here either. GET A LIFE!! I wonder why Ed doesnt like technology. Do u even know WHY u "like" this band?? is it for backpacks?? they also produce music. How many of u r in the "fan" club after the crap started. R UUUUUUU on here for the right reasons or just for profit. I sell stuff on here and will continue. Im actually selling 95% of my PJ "collectables" bc Im tired of all this. I only want MUSIC now. Thanks for the original posting on this!!

joe2468 wrote:

please dont
    BUGS IN THE WAY, I FEEL ABOUT YOU
  • Options
    LamentLament Posts: 294
    joe2468 wrote:

please dont

Right on, man. I made a post that got locked last week talking about how when Pearl Jam played Solider Field in 1995, because of some sort of issue with the venue they weren't able to sell any merchandise whatsoever. If that happened these days you'd have one hundred threads complaining over how unfair it was that they couldn't buy a poster/shirt/keychain to remember the show for every one post you'd have about the actual show itself. It's...very different now. I'm not saying not to enjoy the posters/shirt/etc., but the perspective does seem to have changed somewhat drastically.
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    vanisle09 wrote:

I'm not sure if it's a generational thing, or just what the internet era has now become - 'think of something, you want it, you click on it, you got it' - and when the world doesn't work like that people start getting upset and angry..... meanwhile large parts of the world don't have clean water or reliable sanitation.....
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    i like that we can have an honest chat about this ... AND NOT GET IT LOCKED ....and im also glad im not the only one who noticed the difference around here ...

the fan club ticketing severe fuck up. some 10clubbers were in the rafters. it was a schmoz. the board was a lynch mob for weeks. it was brutal.

i could not have said it any better ...... but i would add
    it all started with those event only tshirts (i think it was the 2009 tour) ... people started paying 100-200 bucks for tshirts FUCKING TSHIRTS!!!! and i will be the first to tell you i spent $130 on the chicago cubs shirt that year .. and when i got it i was so fucking pissed at myself cause i spent it on something that will either get dirty/stained/torn/shirk etc etc .. it was at that moment i said this is getting out of control ...
  • Options
    LamentLament Posts: 294
    joe2468 wrote:
    i like that we can have an honest chat about this ... AND NOT GET IT LOCKED ....and im also glad im not the only one who noticed the difference around here ...

it all started with those event only tshirts (i think it was the 2009 tour) ... people started paying 100-200 bucks for tshirts FUCKING TSHIRTS!!!! and i will be the first to tell you i spent $130 on the chicago cubs shirt that year .. and when i got it i was so fucking pissed at myself cause i spent it on something that will either get dirty/stained/torn/shirk etc etc .. it was at that moment i said this is getting out of control ...

The funny thing about the hysteria with the event specific shirts is that they had them back on the 1998 tour (the shirt images were the same as the posters), but I guess weren't a big enough deal back then to warrant making them for the 2000 tour.
  • Options
    Why do people need to buy two of everything? Play one, keep one sealed. Those keeping them sealed are only doing for reason - the resale value.

I must admit I've caught the bootleg bug this year and must have easily bought 60 of the damn things but thats all I'm getting. Don't care for a backpack or a £40 3 disc dvd. That's just a rip-off in my view. Compare it to the Harry Potter limited edition dvd/bluray boxset that I'm getting the wife for Xmas - something like 19 discs with great packaging and for £70. Each to their own I guess but I've come to the point where I'm not paying over the odds for a PJ product. Look at posters going for $200 the day after a show. Mental. If people show a little patience, they could save themselves a lot of money.

Anyway I'm off the look at a sealed album now....... (I kid, none of my PJ things are sealed!!)

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    edited November 2011
    joe2468 wrote:

That is true. In 2008 a friend of mine got to a show and bought me the Reaper shirt. I had him get an L and an XL because I didn't know which size would fit better. I ended up putting the XL on ebay shortly after the concert and someone paid $80-s0mething for it! It was crazy. I never expected to make money like that off that shirt. Then Ten Club sold them a couple months later anyway!

I will add, I don't think the people HERE on the board are the ones paying for crazy stuff on ebay. Not too many of them anyway. Most of us around here know better that if we wait, Ten Club might make more DVDs, or someone here might get rid of theirs... it's the "immediate satisfaction" that people have to have it NOW because it's sold out. Same reason the posters always have record prices immedately after the show, then 6 months later they're half of that (for the most part).

It's like the Vault CD... sure, I admit I was kind of interested in it. But I didn't bid on any. Someone here offered a burned copy of it with a photocopy of the jacket... good enough for me! :) I was kind of unimpressed with the show anyway... some out of tune bass, Vedder singing rather flat on at least 3 songs... but some people HAVE to have it!
    Post edited by High Fidelity 2000 on
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    tigers84tigers84 Greenville, SC Posts: 457
    Is Gene Simmons running the show now.
    BUGS IN THE WAY, I FEEL ABOUT YOU
  • Options
    It's like the Vault CD... sure, I admit I was kind of interested in it. But I didn't bid on any. Someone here offered a burned copy of it with a photocopy of the jacket... good enough for me! :) I was kind of unimpressed with the show anyway... some out of tune bass, Vedder singing rather flat on at least 3 songs... but some people HAVE to have it!

I can't be doing with Ed's talking between songs on the Vault cd...some of it is cringeworthy! But thats another subject!

• Options
    evman wrote:
    crap i see one of the blu ray deluxe is bid up too 619$

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pearl-Jam-PJ20- ... 3715080897

hey,i just sold my wife for $700 to get my filthy hands on the dvd,anyone need kids 'cause i really need a backpack for my collection?