**Missoula Fanviews here**

Comments

• Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    down_ski wrote:
    cool! :cool:
    thanks for sharing
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    glorified j, that was an awesome review! Thanks!

down_ski, great pics...keep them coming!
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    Sad was played twice.. Easy Street and VFC reading..and Grand Rapids VFC There ya go beach
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    Tom K wrote:
    Sad was played twice.. Easy Street and VFC reading..

three times, it was also played at VFC Grand Rapids
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    down_skidown_ski Posts: 328
    I got all of Sad (and Bee Girl and BRY) on video last night!

//Was incredible
  • Options
    Kat wrote:
    Hope everyone had a great time. :)

I wasn;t in Missoula but WOW, all hail to the lucky ones, I refer to those who heard BEE GIRL!! AND bLACK, RED, AND YELLOW!

I have had some bad luck with vacation time and well, the death of my uncle, but I am scheduled for BOTH St John's shows! Until then, I will rely on the boots...

AWESOME, AWESOME,I love this band more and more........
  • Options
    down_ski wrote:
    I got all of Sad (and Bee Girl and BRY) on video last night!

//Was incredible

Any chance you'll be sharing? Via Bit Torrent or something?

That would be awesome!
  • Options
    Stone's got a beard!
    4-23-03 Champaign
    6-21-03 Alpine Valley
    9-9-05 Thunder Bay
  • Options
    Was there one from last night?
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Tom K wrote:
    Sad was played twice.. Easy Street and VFC reading..and Grand Rapids VFC There ya go beach

Reading was first to hear it though! (with me in attendence :))
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    sxysadiesxysadie Posts: 43
    I was there too (for Sad) aghhh so excellent

Stone needs to loose the beard.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
    well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride! -Unknown
  • Options
    TSIS says that there were some new vocal effects on Insignifigance? Any of you fine Montanians want to shed some light on this? Its a favorite of mine, so I'd love to hear anything about a new version!
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    Here is a kind of stupid question, but i'm curious, What kind of merch did they have, as far as tour shirts and what not?
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    sxysadie wrote:
    I was there too (for Sad) aghhh so excellent

Stone needs to loose the beard.

agree on the sad comment
    disagree on the beard, suits stone way more than ed in my opinion.
    i think he looks awesome with the beard.
  • Options
    mtjammermtjammer Posts: 16
    Here is a kind of stupid question, but i'm curious, What kind of merch did they have, as far as tour shirts and what not?

The merch was sad. The Briefs had a table set up but the only thing I found with "Pearl Jam" on it was the Tester poster designed by Jeff (linked in another thread). It was a bummer. I'll have to get my merch at the Gorge.
    6/16/93 (Missoula)
    2/8/95 (Missoula)
    10/20/01 (Bridge School), 10/21/01 (Bridge School)
    5/28/03 (Missoula)
    8/29/05 (Missoula), 9/1/05 (The Gorge)
  • Options
    TSIS says that there were some new vocal effects on Insignifigance? Any of you fine Montanians want to shed some light on this? Its a favorite of mine, so I'd love to hear anything about a new version!

I noticed absolutely nothing new on the vocal effects. Sorry to dissappoint, but I would like to think that I was paying attention! It was the same version as every other time I have heard it live or on bootleg. Only song that was remotely different was Porches intro, just a slower funkier intro. Show was great, though. I think by the end of the Gorge show, we will see that PJ is going to be playing some stuff they don't normally play. We will all be lucky this go around.

And by the way, whoever said that the crowd was marginal wasn't paying attention. It was loud as hell in there. Expecially considering that it was only roughly 7000 people and not everyone there was out to see the band. Towards the end it sounded almost as loud as Seattle at times and not every seat was taken, either.
  • Options
    VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    you guys kick ass, thanks fo rthe reviews and pictures
    Man, what a time to be a pearl jam fan!!!!
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Nice hair Ed....I guess he's does listen to our polls and opinions...
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Thanks for the reviews everyone. Now I hope and pray that 2006 will see PJ coming over across the water
  • Options
    swedeswede Posts: 558
    i swear this gig had the craziest singalong for even flow

thanks for the reviews and pics everyone
  • Options
    . Highlights for me were Sad, Bee Girl, Given to Fly. It was the first time I heard Ed talk about his daughter, and how it's changed him so much. He talked about people need to leave Cindy Sheehan alone then ripped into a very angry Lukin. During Porch he proceeded to rip all the strings off his guitar!

OMG angry Ed is back!! SWEEEET!!! Reminds me of him breaking his guitar at the Key in 2002.

Anyways I'd love to know what he said about his daughter. Kat...I know this is treading damn close to breaking the guidelines, but I only wanna know what was said at the show...what Ed felt comfortable sharing with us fans.
    I hope this is ok to talk about here, if not feel free to edit this part out of my reply, I'll understand.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    OMG angry Ed is back!! SWEEEET!!! Reminds me of him breaking his guitar at the Key in 2002.

Anyways I'd love to know what he said about his daughter. Kat...I know this is treading damn close to breaking the guidelines, but I only wanna know what was said at the show...what Ed felt comfortable sharing with us fans.
    I hope this is ok to talk about here, if not feel free to edit this part out of my reply, I'll understand.

He was talking about the war, and now that he has had a baby girl in his life for a year, how hard it is to watch them go to war that has "mixed opinions" and watch them die. He was very civil about the whole situation.
  • Options
    down_ski wrote:
    He was talking about the war, and now that he has had a baby girl in his life for a year, how hard it is to watch them go to war that has "mixed opinions" and watch them die. He was very civil about the whole situation.

aww thats awesome! Thanks :)
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Met the band met the band met the band met the band! They had that fundraiser for Tester before the show, and got in through a relative who helped coordinate it. Only like 100 people in there, maybe a handful more. Mike first, who was really friendly. Stone, who seemed disinterested. Eddie arrived last, was mobbed, but got to shake his hand. And finally Jeff, who was pretty casual as people pressed everything into his hands to get signed. (Matt and Boom didn't show for the fundraiser) Got pics with them all, and thanked each for the music. What a dream! And then Sad, I Got Shit, Black Red Yellow, Bee Girl? Daaaaamn. And the Gorge tomorrow. Life is good!
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    Met the band met the band met the band met the band!

congrats, man
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    Met the band met the band met the band met the band! They had that fundraiser for Tester before the show, and got in through a relative who helped coordinate it. Only like 100 people in there, maybe a handful more. Mike first, who was really friendly. Stone, who seemed disinterested. Eddie arrived last, was mobbed, but got to shake his hand. And finally Jeff, who was pretty casual as people pressed everything into his hands to get signed. (Matt and Boom didn't show for the fundraiser) Got pics with them all, and thanked each for the music. What a dream! And then Sad, I Got Shit, Black Red Yellow, Bee Girl? Daaaaamn. And the Gorge tomorrow. Life is good!

Stone was disintrested? That yuppie prick! ;)
    Shows
    10/31/93 Berkeley 10/01/94 Bridge 06/24/95 S.F.
    11/04/95 San Jose 10/19/96 Bridge
    07/16/98 Sacramento 07/21/98 Seattle
    10/31/00 Mountain View 08/04/01 Ralph Nader Rally
    10/21/01 Bridge 12/08,09/02 Seattle
    06/01/03 Mountain View 09/01/05 THE GORGE
  • Options

Oh, you lucky fuck!! I mean duck.
    I will walk with my hands bound
  • Options
    CateetoCateeto Posts: 377
    YOU MET JEFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
  • Options

He also shared that you remeber everything that your kid does in the first year of life.

I know everyone else is moving on, but I forgot to mention that the first four or five songs seemed to be Stone Solo heavy songs, which was nice to see, did anyone else notice this? He was soloing all over the place! Anyway, a great show.