Bad date stories

Illridethewave20Illridethewave20 Posts: 491
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Hey everyone,

I would love to share some of your bad dates stories on my blog. If anyone would like to share please feel free to post them on this thread, or also pm me if you want to remain anonymous.

For anyone who would like to read my blog please go to www.faildates.blogspot.com

thanks :) Can't wait to read some awesome fail date stories :):D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol:

you wanna go out sat?

make sure you bump this when you post new stories...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LOL wil do!
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I have to post my favorite bad date story. It's so bad I actually used it in a short story.

In college I went out with a guy I met working in the music library at UCLA and he was cute and smart and funny. He didn't drive (I think he had just moved west from NYC) so I drove to the restaurant, we had a nice time, went back to his apartment, talked, had wine. He walked me to my car and handed me a piece of paper and said, "Okay, I had a good time, but I've made a list of all the things you'll have to do to change if you want to keep going out with me."

He went through the list with me and I only remember a couple of the things. The first was "Stop smoking, I won't go out with a smoker." Yes, I smoked at the time. Number two, "You talk about your roommates too much, I don't care about them." I wish I remembered the rest. Then he said to me, "Do you have a list for me?" And I said something like, "I don't go out with people who make lists."

Pretty weird?
  • Jason78Jason78 Posts: 400
    A friend of mine went out w/ a girl one night and things were going fine until she sharted. I believe it was in the car and there was no hiding it. Needles to say the date ended and they never saw each other again.
    Enkidu wrote:
    I have to post my favorite bad date story. It's so bad I actually used it in a short story.

In college I went out with a guy I met working in the music library at UCLA and he was cute and smart and funny. He didn't drive (I think he had just moved west from NYC) so I drove to the restaurant, we had a nice time, went back to his apartment, talked, had wine. He walked me to my car and handed me a piece of paper and said, "Okay, I had a good time, but I've made a list of all the things you'll have to do to change if you want to keep going out with me."

He went through the list with me and I only remember a couple of the things. The first was "Stop smoking, I won't go out with a smoker." Yes, I smoked at the time. Number two, "You talk about your roommates too much, I don't care about them." I wish I remembered the rest. Then he said to me, "Do you have a list for me?" And I said something like, "I don't go out with people who make lists."

Pretty weird?

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Jason78 wrote:
    A friend of mine went out w/ a girl one night and things were going fine until she sharted. I believe it was in the car and there was no hiding it. Needles to say the date ended and they never saw each other again.

:?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I've been on many bad dates. Nothing that's funny enough to post here though.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    i hate when as soon as you see a person, you know you don't want to be there but you are stuck for a few hours. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    81 wrote:
    i hate when as soon as you see a person, you know you don't want to be there but you are stuck for a few hours. :x

that's the worst.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I'm speaking on behalf of my date as me being the bad date: I got insanely drunk at a concert, completely embarrassed myself and puked all over a Holiday Inn elevator and my date had to take care of me for the remainder of the night.

Nearly 5 years later, she's still with me. The extremely bad turns into good? :lol: :?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I'm speaking on behalf of my date as me being the bad date: I got insanely drunk at a concert, completely embarrassed myself and puked all over a Holiday Inn elevator and my date had to take care of me for the remainder of the night.

Nearly 5 years later, she's still with me. The extremely bad turns into good? :lol: :?

nurses syndrome?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

nurses syndrome?

She does have one hell of a mother's instinct...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    81 wrote:

what do you mean 'stuck'? I'm all up front and honest. "Nice meeting you, I'm going home" :wave:

had to do that a few times...but I just wanna know why some guys insist on bringing their buddy along? So they can make fun of the chick? I just don't get it.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Enkidu wrote:

Pretty weird?

when did he have time to make a list? and, after only one date he made a list??!?! :? :wtf: :lol:
    norm wrote:
    Enkidu wrote:

Pretty weird?

when did he have time to make a list? and, after only one date he made a list??!?! :? :wtf: :lol:

Seriously sounds like something out of a Seinfeld episode.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

what do you mean 'stuck'? I'm all up front and honest. "Nice meeting you, I'm going home" :wave:

had to do that a few times...but I just wanna know why some guys insist on bringing their buddy along? So they can make fun of the chick? I just don't get it.

that's sort of rude....and doesn't work very well when you swing by their place and they hop in your car.

:x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Enkidu wrote:

Pretty weird?

awesome fail date story I posted it up on the blog thanks!!!
  • oh god, there are so many.

The best one that comes to mind is the freak I was dating that drank too much and had a Jekyll and Hide thing going on. She locked me out of her apartment on a busy street at the end of a date, but just before that she began yelling at these three gangbanger types who then tried to pick a fight with me because I was standing up for her. Then a few dates later I found out her father was the former leader of the KKK. Man, did I run like hell.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Way before online was the way I answered a lonely hearts ad in the local newspaper.I had talked to this guy for a few weeks,he seemed nice so we planned to meet.
    He was preoccupied with what to wear,finally decided on his best green suit.I have an aversion to suits but didn't want to stress him out any more,as what to wear seemed to be a big deal for him.

I was walking to where we were to meet and I spot a guy who I think is going to a fancy dress party dressed as the Jim Carey in The Mask,minus the hat.
    I stand across from him for a while,he keeps looking then approaches me asking it it's me :shock: He is my date :wtf: in a lime green three piece suit

I really wanted to run in the opposite direction but suck it up and go for a drink,we get to a bar.As he lifts his glass I notice he has first aid plasters on EVERY finger ... EVERY finger :shock: My head's screaming at me to run telling me Kevin Spacey's character in Seven is based on my date .... he see's me looking at his hands and without hesitation tells me he has an obsession with biting the entire skin off the tips of his fingers :? but that makes them bleed and as he was excited about our date he had been biting them most of the day,he didn't want them to bleed over me :eh: so he covered them
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    stargirl69 wrote:
    Way before online was the way I answered a lonely hearts ad in the local newspaper.I had talked to this guy for a few weeks,he seemed nice so we planned to meet.
    He was preoccupied with what to wear,finally decided on his best green suit.I have an aversion to suits but didn't want to stress him out any more,as what to wear seemed to be a big deal for him.

I was walking to where we were to meet and I spot a guy who I think is going to a fancy dress party dressed as the Jim Carey in The Mask,minus the hat.
    I stand across from him for a while,he keeps looking then approaches me asking it it's me :shock: He is my date :wtf: in a lime green three piece suit

I really wanted to run in the opposite direction but suck it up and go for a drink,we get to a bar.As he lifts his glass I notice he has first aid plasters on EVERY finger ... EVERY finger :shock: My head's screaming at me to run telling me Kevin Spacey's character in Seven is based on my date .... he see's me looking at his hands and without hesitation tells me he has an obsession with biting the entire skin off the tips of his fingers :? but that makes them bleed and as he was excited about our date he had been biting them most of the day,he didn't want them to bleed over me :eh: so he covered them

wow. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    stargirl69 wrote:
    and without hesitation tells me he has an obsession with biting the entire skin off the tips of his fingers :? but that makes them bleed and as he was excited about our date he had been biting them most of the day,he didn't want them to bleed over me :eh: so he covered them

stargirl! :sick:

- Christopher McCandless
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    stargirl69 wrote:

shocking you met that guy from an ad in the paper ;):lol:
  • These posts are awesome, keep them coming. I will stagger my blogs in the next month or so. Please feel free to follow on twitter: faildatesblog , so you know when I put them up, I usually take a tag line from the blog and enter it in as the tweet!

you guys rock!!!
  • stargirl69 wrote:
    he had been biting them most of the day,he didn't want them to bleed over me :eh: so he covered them

Sounds like the gentlemanly thing to do when you have bloody stumps.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    RKCNDY wrote:
    stargirl! :sick:

I know :roll: :lol: I have some even better ones than that
    norm wrote:
    shocking you met that guy from an ad in the paper ;):lol:

I thought there was no way I would find a looni toon in a broadsheet newspaper :shifty: :wtf:
    Sounds like the gentlemanly thing to do when you have bloody stumps.

There was seepage :o:lol::sick::sick:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    stargirl69 wrote:

OH WOW! Yikes that is some seriously scary stuff!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    stargirl69 wrote:

Maybe he would've got a second date if he dressed like Ace Ventura... ;)

Stargirl, that's a rough one. Bet you were glad to go home, alone.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Maybe he would've got a second date if he dressed like Ace Ventura... ;)

Stargirl, that's a rough one. Bet you were glad to go home, alone.

:lol: Oh no I took him home :shock: :lol:

I joke of course :shifty: :lol:
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I went out with this chick once. She seemed pretty cool, and was pretty cute. She mentioned that she had cats...which is alright cause I have one myself and I love animals.
    Go back to her place and she had 8 of them!!!! 8 f'n cats in a tiny-ass apartment. It stunk and the second we walked in her personality changed from being pretty cool to lunatic chick. She even changed the tone of voice she had been using all night into that annoying tone you hear when someone talks to a baby.
    Told her I wasn't feeling well and was tired. Gave her a hug and got the F outta there!
    She called me a bunch of times after that, but we never went out again. If she's Crazy Cat Lady at the age of 27-28, what the hell is she gonna be when she's 67-68? :shock: :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    I went out with this chick once. She seemed pretty cool, and was pretty cute. She mentioned that she had cats...which is alright cause I have one myself and I love animals.
    Go back to her place and she had 8 of them!!!! 8 f'n cats in a tiny-ass apartment. It stunk and the second we walked in her personality changed from being pretty cool to lunatic chick. She even changed the tone of voice she had been using all night into that annoying tone you hear when someone talks to a baby.
    Told her I wasn't feeling well and was tired. Gave her a hug and got the F outta there!
    She called me a bunch of times after that, but we never went out again. If she's Crazy Cat Lady at the age of 27-28, what the hell is she gonna be when she's 67-68? :shock: :lol:

Dude, the personality and voice change would be frightening. :shock:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL