Comments

• Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

Hopefully you aren't having a Sconnie

83732.jpg

Nope:

37129.jpg

Good God... what is that?

A local brew in a handsome tall boy format.
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293

A local brew in a handsome tall boy format.

Huh.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    The second pic is the Ohio Players. It was kind of fun to find this lp in a stack of Frank Sinatra and christmas carol vinyl :lol::lol::lol: Sounds sexy too!

:lol::lol::lol:

did you grab any of the sinatra?

Nope, we have some of him already :)
  • Options
    The second pic is the Ohio Players. It was kind of fun to find this lp in a stack of Frank Sinatra and christmas carol vinyl :lol::lol::lol: Sounds sexy too!

:lol::lol::lol:

did you grab any of the sinatra?

Nope, we have some of him already :)

Nice... need to listen to him. It has been a while
  • Options

Stuff like that is awesome from time to time. I love spinning Doris Day, Dean Martin, Glenn Miller, Billie Holiday and most of all the almighty Muddy Waters and Howlin' Wolfevery now and then! Everybody should have that in their collection, it makes you happy, sad, thoughtful, inspired, horny, sleepy ...
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Stuff like that is awesome from time to time. I love spinning Doris Day, Dean Martin, Glenn Miller, Billie Holiday and most of all the almighty Muddy Waters and Howlin' Wolfevery now and then! Everybody should have that in their collection, it makes you happy, sad, thoughtful, inspired, horny, sleepy ...

For sure... I need to listen to B.B. King as well

I still remember seeing him Al Green, and Etta James :corn:
    Post edited by peacefrompaul on
  • Options
    Ooooooh Etta James! Don't get me started. Love her! B. B. King is awesome too!
  • Options
    jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    Talking to my grandma :)
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Just about to cook dinner
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    ready to start a quiz for the course I am taking currently
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    Leaving to pick my son up from work.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    drinking and watching revolution
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,583
    watching the Leafs vs Habs

GO LEAFS GO :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Letting out gas..stuffed myself at dinner.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    Just got home from a fantastic dinner accompanied with a plethora of cocktails.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Being drunk and acting sober. I'm the king if that.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    drinking my coffee
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    Listening to a Tool bootleg from last year... jamming during "Lateralus"

Wooooooo
  • Options
    jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    Smelling the beautiful hyacinth the hubby cut from the neighbors yard
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    watching touch
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    listening to the DJ interview Stone.

He's very animated...he likes 'mmm skinny bop'

he writes 40-50 songs a year, but doesn't really contribute a whole lot to PJ, maybe a few riffs here and there. He would rather give Ed a 'starting point'. and lets him run with that idea.

He is really proud of 'Life Wasted', there are other songs he isn't so proud of (but declines to name them).

The band has consciously made an effort to change up the setlists, "otherwise you become a robot", the fans really encourage them to keep it up, and they ask for songs that haven't been played in years. <
    does that mean they read the forum?

They actually made money in Europe on the Brad tour, they will be making a new album.

Stone takes his kid with him on the road when he can, but can still 'be a dad', and take her to school, make her lunch etc.

Next PJ plans, "We are gonna do something for sure, a few weeks away from finishing the record. Some rock, some ballads...i don't want to give it away"
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    entering handwritten checks into my accounting program,
    marking those that have cleared in the checkbook...

money money money ... money
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    RKCNDY wrote:

he writes 40-50 songs a year, but doesn't really contribute a whole lot to PJ, maybe a few riffs here and there. He would rather give Ed a 'starting point'. and lets him run with that idea.

He is really proud of 'Life Wasted', there are other songs he isn't so proud of (but declines to name them).

The band has consciously made an effort to change up the setlists, "otherwise you become a robot", the fans really encourage them to keep it up, and they ask for songs that haven't been played in years. <

They actually made money in Europe on the Brad tour, they will be making a new album.

Stone takes his kid with him on the road when he can, but can still 'be a dad', and take her to school, make her lunch etc.

Next PJ plans, "We are gonna do something for sure, a few weeks away from finishing the record. Some rock, some ballads...i don't want to give it away"

awesome, thanks for sharing that.
    40-50 songs a year?!?! That confuses me. A guy that wrote some of the coolest tunes I've ever heard, and I thought he'd slowed down in recent years. I sometimes tend to think he's too modest. We need to hear ALL these tunes! :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    RKCNDY wrote:
    but doesn't really contribute a whole lot to PJ, maybe a few riffs here and there. He would rather give Ed a 'starting point'. and lets him run with that idea.

hey stone, it's ok to bring more than just a riff...in fact, we as fans encourage it
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

40-50 songs a year?!?! That confuses me. A guy that wrote some of the coolest tunes I've ever heard, and I thought he'd slowed down in recent years. I sometimes tend to think he's too modest. We need to hear ALL these tunes! :D
    norm wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    but doesn't really contribute a whole lot to PJ, maybe a few riffs here and there. He would rather give Ed a 'starting point'. and lets him run with that idea.

hey stone, it's ok to bring more than just a riff...in fact, we as fans encourage it

when they asked him about writing songs, Stone was saying, something along the lines of "there are so many ideas, and you don't want to bring something in and then let somebody else turn it into theirs"

he writes stuff, saves it on his hard drive, and then will go back and re-listen to things, and then decide if it still sounds cool or not. It's why it took 10 years to write Moonlander.

They usually have audio clips of the show on the website by the next day: www.BobRivers.com :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Chilling until 2
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    running home to grab my wallet and a quick bite to eat.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    Going to lunch
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

norm wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

when they asked him about writing songs, Stone was saying, something along the lines of "there are so many ideas, and you don't want to bring something in and then let somebody else turn it into theirs"

he writes stuff, saves it on his hard drive, and then will go back and re-listen to things, and then decide if it still sounds cool or not. It's why it took 10 years to write Moonlander.

They usually have audio clips of the show on the website by the next day: http://www.BobRivers.com :D

here is the full interview...http://www.twistedradio.com/podcasts/BR ... 9_4291.mp3

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Gathering information and statistics from the California Department of Food and Agriculture for a group project