Options

*** Adelaide 1 Fanviews Here 21/11/06 ***

13»

Comments

• Options
    i was row H on mike's side. also noticed his guitar was rather quiet all night.

Absolutely terrible mix in my opinion. Didn't have any real balls.
  • Options
    pearl_man wrote:
    never heard a version of black done like that before. all of us just kept singing the "do do do, do, do do doooo" even when the music stopped. i think ed was impressed.

the crowd seemed really into it too. very loud for the whole night. definately louder than both brisbane nights, thats all i can judge it on tho so dont rely on me. just wait for what everone else says.

before stone sung dont gimme no lip, he was saying how unwell ed was. you could definately tell, his voice was dissapearing at some of the higher notes.

This happened heaps at the Euro shows.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i went to the sydney, melbourne and newcastle shows and the only times i really heard mike that well was when i was on his side of the floor or when i was in the first level for melb 2. the other nights i was centre floor first couple of rows or stones side and mike was barely audible....
    kinda sad - but good to hear stone at the same time and i realised he plays alot more solos than i thought.
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    I didn't make it to Adelaide so I'm officially not supposed to be keying in here but I'm just checking up to find out what was wrong with Ed? Was he physically sick as in vomiting or what? Please let on, I hope he's okay and can finish the tour properly, would be awful if he got too sick to complete Perth. Glad to know the shows have gone so well, not happy at all with my husband who said he'd divorce me if I went to see the band anywhere else other than Melbourne, next time they come out I'm going interstate regardless of what he says.
  • Options
    Without A Doubt Far Better Than The Melbourne Shows!!!
    Absolutely Unbelievable! The Best Show I Have Been To! I Went To Last Thursday's Gig In Melbourne And It Didn't Come Close To Adelaide Last Night! The Crowd Were Unreal! I Think The Guys Were Mighty Impressed! They Left Us In Awe And Wanting More!
    The End Of Black Was Unreal! The Guys Were Blown Away!
    Thankyou Pearl Jam!!! Keep On Rockin' In The Free World!
  • Options
    Must say Im a older Pearl Jam fan. I was 17 when I brought TEN. (showing my age!). I went to the gig with no expectations at all.

I have to say i was completely blown away!!!

The guys really turned it on. Great mix of songs and so unpredictable.

I was on the side of the stage in the stands and when the guys played Baba ED looked up at me standing up clapping my hands. I had a Lynard Skynard shirt on and he changed the lyrics to "I can see Lynard Skynard!" Made my night!!!

I went to see U2 and have to say Pearl Jam surpassed them.
    Adelaide went nuts and it made me feel so proud.
    The band really appreciated the response they got too. How about the end of Black?? Amazing.

I think Adelaide will hold a special place in Pearl Jams hearts.
  • Options
    heyjose wrote:
    Stella, when the hell am I going to meet ya??

:D

it was bound to happen! just promise me you'll bring up to 2nd row during encore next time ;) lol!
    wah
  • Options
    What a great show. I could not believe the crowd - loudest I've ever heard any audience at any concert. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
  • Options
    heyjoseheyjose Melbourne, Australia Posts: 503
    :D

it was bound to happen! just promise me you'll bring up to 2nd row during encore next time ;) lol!

It was that, or kill that couple next to me, and I don't condone violence!

Sue : Ed seemed A LOT healthier last night. He's just been massively under the weather from the tour.
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• Options
    LOL :)

nice job restraining yourself ;)

yeh i had a bit of a giggle looking back at you at one point.... those people next to you just didn't look like they wanted to be there
    wah
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    ALIVE '06 wrote:
    Without A Doubt Far Better Than The Melbourne Shows!!!
    Absolutely Unbelievable! The Best Show I Have Been To! I Went To Last Thursday's Gig In Melbourne And It Didn't Come Close To Adelaide Last Night! The Crowd Were Unreal! I Think The Guys Were Mighty Impressed! They Left Us In Awe And Wanting More!
    The End Of Black Was Unreal! The Guys Were Blown Away!
    Thankyou Pearl Jam!!! Keep On Rockin' In The Free World!

I'm quite offended by your post. Although I didnt go to Sydney I went to the 3 Melbourne shows and all were incredible the way I see it. You make out Adelaide was far better than Melbourne, well that's YOUR opinion and you're welcome to it, I guess and I'll never know what the Adelaide shows were like seeing I couldn't go to them, but I can't imagine enjoying any concert more than I did Melb 3. The setlist was awesome and the guys were in fine form. They played for 2.5 hours and didn't want to leave the stage, I saw 2 renditions of Black which were absolutely outta this world (Melb 1 and 3). What the fuck is this one upmanship about shows in Australia anyway? Cant we just agree that each show has been speical in its own way instead of better than in this or that city? I'm sure PJ played their best at every show and haven't tried to better themselves in any city over another, though they may want to play a little longer in Perth, their last Australian show. No doubt we'll be seeing a whole lot of posts about how much better it was in Perth than anywhere else, and how you missed out if you didn't go to Perth, blah blah blah.

There have been a few complaints about the Melbourne crowds, having gone to all 3 concerts I felt that the crowds were pretty good. Sure there were bum sitters and people who wouldn't rock out, but you're going to get these types at any concert you go to in this country. I went to U2 and although they were great and the crowd was way bigger, I'd choose a PJ concert over a U2 concert U2 any day. At U2 btw, there were plenty of people who didn't rock out/move to the music as well.

Let's just agree to enjoy each PJ show for what it has been, rather than comparing the crowds from city to city and carrying on about how much better the concert you went to was than any of the others. Let's face it, everyone is going to be biased about the shows in their city, especially if they didn't get to see the band in any other state. It's getting a little old everyone comparing shows from state to state when plenty of us couldn't go to as many shows as we wanted to and in a way it's only natural but hey, it's the same BAND we're comparing here, seems pointless to me.
  • Options
    ^ they went to melb 3 and are a casual fan :)

you see my point?

each to their own..i can see how they'd enjoy a set like adelaide 1 more :)
    wah
  • Options
    I'm in my late 30's and I've been to a lot of gigs in my time but what I saw on tuesday night in Adelaide was hands down the best gig I've ever been to. So i bought tickets for the wednesday night as well. What i got in return were two amazing shows but two different shows by the same band...wow!
    What an amazing band Pearl Jam are but they're also a lucky band to have a fan base that is so passionate about them and their fans are lucky to be into a band which is so appreciative of their audience. Blown away!
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    jatzjatz wrote:
    I'm in my late 30's and I've been to a lot of gigs in my time but what I saw on tuesday night in Adelaide was hands down the best gig I've ever been to. So i bought tickets for the wednesday night as well. What i got in return were two amazing shows but two different shows by the same band...wow!
    What an amazing band Pearl Jam are but they're also a lucky band to have a fan base that is so passionate about them and their fans are lucky to be into a band which is so appreciative of their audience. Blown away!

nicely put dude thats my thoughts exactly.... how much did we get from ed and the boys this tour!! 110%!
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Pjamaholic, what are you offended for?
    Isnt this thread reserved for people who went to the gig?
    As you said everyone is entitled to their opinion. I was at Melbourne 3 and my brother and all Melbourne shows.
    And having spoken with many other people who travelled to all gigs, the Adelaide one was better I think, setlists, and ESPECIALLY crowd!
    Not to say Melbourne wasnt goot because it was and i didn enjoy it but I think Adelaide 1 was a better gig and the crowd was unreal!
    Anyway, THANKYOU GUYS FOR A MOST MEMORABLE TOUR! YOURE THE BEST!
  • Options
    PappasPappas Posts: 809
    ALIVE '06 wrote:
    Pjamaholic, what are you offended for?
    Isnt this thread reserved for people who went to the gig?
    As you said everyone is entitled to their opinion. I was at Melbourne 3 and my brother and all Melbourne shows.
    And having spoken with many other people who travelled to all gigs, the Adelaide one was better I think, setlists, and ESPECIALLY crowd!
    Not to say Melbourne wasnt goot because it was and i didn enjoy it but I think Adelaide 1 was a better gig and the crowd was unreal!
    Anyway, THANKYOU GUYS FOR A MOST MEMORABLE TOUR! YOURE THE BEST!
    i went to every adelaide show and every melbourne show

adelaide 1 shat on any melbourne show in terms of crowd

and im not being biased i was so suprised

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Options
    Pappas wrote:
    i went to every adelaide show and every melbourne show

adelaide 1 shat on any melbourne show in terms of crowd

and im not being biased i was so suprised

I was very suprised but even in 2003 the Adelaide show was better than the Melb shows.... Perth and Adelaide shows are always better than the Sydney and Melbourne shows for some reason.

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c5/sleater-kinney/Picture017-1.jpg

kings of leon they were so awesome...

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c5/sleater-kinney/Picture002-1.jpg

pj during black..

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c5/sleater-kinney/Picture003-1.jpg

I was 4th row I was so lucky... didnt get as good seats for night 2 but thats ok also.

• Options
    i have to say of the 3 shows i went to over the past couple of weeks, this was BY FAR THE BEST. maybe because i was up the front helped ;) or maybe because i got acknowledgments from ed and mike!!!!!! ed did that whole hand above his eyes looking out towards the audience thing RIGHT AT ME and i got a trademark 'point' from Mike!!!! and they were both about 3m in front of me when they did it! i couldn't stop SMILING :D:D:D:D:D well not until security told me to get down from standing up on my chair! but it was good, good times ;)
    EVENFLOW MEMBER #009 and i'm LOVIN the new PJ!!!! avacado all the way!!

i know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
    i HOPE you'll be a star,
    in somebody elses sky, but why, why, why can't it be, why can't it be mine?!
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c5/sleater-kinney/Picture017-1.jpg

kings of leon they were so awesome...

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c5/sleater-kinney/Picture002-1.jpg

pj during black..

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c5/sleater-kinney/Picture003-1.jpg

I was 4th row I was so lucky... didnt get as good seats for night 2 but thats ok also.

wow i think u were 3 rows in front of me, pretty much right infront of me i think cos my photos are at about the same angle!!!

i HOPE you'll be a star,
  • Options
    UNDONE*21 wrote:
    my first pj show! :D

everyone else has pretty much summed up last night. but it was awesome! despite not being able to hear mike! any one else on stones side not hear mikey so good?

the end of black was magic...i cant wait to hear the bootleg! i scored a stone and mike pic!

yea i was on stone's side i would have loved to hear more mccready! man WHERE WERE U!!!!!!!!! i fully kept looking for u, but the fact that i have no idea what u look like didn't help!!!! no deal!!! was ur seat as good as expected??

i HOPE you'll be a star,
  • Options
    ed did that whole hand above his eyes looking out towards the audience thing RIGHT AT ME

Haha I thought that was more of a glare when he did that in mine and my friends direction then something like a McCready point. But if it is a good thing then it makes me feel better any way :)
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    where is the bootleg....uggg

Muddy
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    Mudfest wrote:
    where is the bootleg....uggg

Muddy

hopefully be d/lable Friday/Sat...

• Options
    So it's been a while....

Adelaide I was my first Pearl Jam show ever, and I must say that it was the best concert I have ever been to.

I joined ten club quite recently, but I was lucky enough to come across another user on this forum (cheers Jim) who was selling a spare 10C ticket, so we were in the seventh row on Mike's side. At the end as we all stood up on our chairs I /think/ Ed looked at me, I have him the peace sign, and he did it back. I was and still am on top of the world.

The show was fantastic and the audience was amazing (especially sitting amongst the 10 clubbers). I don't think I could ask for more...

But I did go to Adelaide II. Though the audience was perhaps not as well versed they were enthusiastic all the same and the set list was damn good (Present tense, eeeee!). I had a great time (this time in section E row A with my mate). We rocked out hard and had fun.

I just hope that next time I have the cash to follow these guys around the country like a lot of you lucky buggers have done. But for now, I am content to sit back and enjoy the bootlegs of these shows that I was lucky enough to experience (do I hear myself screaming?).

Now begins the long wait for the band's eventual return to our shores.
  • Options
    Words cant describe this show-after being dissapointed with Adelaideians at the U2 concert I was so proud of the audience at this concert-we just went absolutely off. The set list was incredible....from Small Town, Go, Once, Wishlist with added lyrics, Every song after that in main set was incredible.

Encores were fantastic, wont ever forget Black a really special experience.
    Being in my thirties I've seen a few shows but this one will always stand out as one of the very best. Thought PJ were great in 2003 but this show blew that one away

Still stunned weeks after!!!!!
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    I just hope that next time I have the cash to follow these guys around the country like a lot of you lucky buggers have done. But for now, I am content to sit back and enjoy the bootlegs of these shows that I was lucky enough to experience (do I hear myself screaming?).

Now begins the long wait for the band's eventual return to our shores.
    The more the merrier. The game of 'spot the poster-tube-carrying touring fan at the airport' was one of my favourite past times on this tour.

Right up until I boarded the perth plane to Sydney, and couldn't see anyone else with a tube. It was then when I realised it's all over, and the post tour depression kicked in.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Kat wrote:
    November 21, 2006 - Adelaide, Australia; Entertainment Center
    Opening: Kings of Leon

Set List: Small Town, Go, Do The Evolution, God's Dice, Once, Immortality, State of Love and Trust, Wishlist, World Wide Suicide, Even Flow, Severed Hand, Army Reserve, Daughter/Beds Are Burning (Midnight Oil)/War (Whitfield & Strong), Why Go, Given To Fly, Interstellar Overdrive (Pink Floyd), Corduroy

1st encore: Man of the Hour, No Woman, No Cry (Bob Marley & Vincent Ford), Better Man/Save It For Later (English Beat), Black, Life Wasted, Alive

2nd encore: Last Kiss (Wayne Cochran), Don't Gimme No Lip, Sad, Last Exit, Jeremy, Baba O'Riley (Pete Townshend)

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post here only if you were in attendance.

corduroy to end the main first set!

and
    and and...

u lucky bastards!!! lol