Options

*** Adelaide 1 Fanviews Here 21/11/06 ***

KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
edited December 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
November 21, 2006 - Adelaide, Australia; Entertainment Center
Opening: Kings of Leon

Set List: Small Town, Go, Do The Evolution, God's Dice, Once, Immortality, State of Love and Trust, Wishlist, World Wide Suicide, Even Flow, Severed Hand, Army Reserve, Daughter/Beds Are Burning (Midnight Oil)/War (Whitfield & Strong), Why Go, Given To Fly, Interstellar Overdrive (Pink Floyd), Corduroy

1st encore: Man of the Hour, No Woman, No Cry (Bob Marley & Vincent Ford), Better Man/Save It For Later (English Beat), Black, Life Wasted, Alive

2nd encore: Last Kiss (Wayne Cochran), Don't Gimme No Lip, Sad, Last Exit, Jeremy, Baba O'Riley (Pete Townshend)

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post here only if you were in attendance.
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    No Woman, No Cry fucking awesome.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    Don't Gimme No Lip!!!!!!!!
    The more I see the less I know for sure. - John Lennon
  • Options
    skgskg Posts: 5
    bookworm30 wrote:
    Don't Gimme No Lip!!!!!!!!

Did Stone sing it?????
  • Options
    No Woman, No Cry fucking awesome.
    No Baby, No Cry!!
    Adelaide 7/3/98, Adelaide 16/02/03, Melbourne 18-19/02/03, Brisbane 10-11/11/06, Adelaide 21-22/11/06, Adelaide 17/11/06, Sydney 22/11/06, Brisbane 25/11/06, EV- Adelaide 27-28/03/11...
  • Options
    skg wrote:
    Did Stone sing it?????
    YES!! his voice wasnt quite right tho.
    Adelaide 7/3/98, Adelaide 16/02/03, Melbourne 18-19/02/03, Brisbane 10-11/11/06, Adelaide 21-22/11/06, Adelaide 17/11/06, Sydney 22/11/06, Brisbane 25/11/06, EV- Adelaide 27-28/03/11...
  • Options
    never heard a version of black done like that before. all of us just kept singing the "do do do, do, do do doooo" even when the music stopped. i think ed was impressed.

the crowd seemed really into it too. very loud for the whole night. definately louder than both brisbane nights, thats all i can judge it on tho so dont rely on me. just wait for what everone else says.

before stone sung dont gimme no lip, he was saying how unwell ed was. you could definately tell, his voice was dissapearing at some of the higher notes.
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    amazing night so many highlghts! where to begin! STONEY SANG TO US!
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    [size=+2]AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH![/size]
    wah
  • Options
    ryankryank Posts: 2
    skg wrote:
    Did Stone sing it?????

Half way into the show people in the fan club area started chanting, "Let Stone Sing" then Eddie said something like, "well this is a democracy"

Then after the encore Stone had some words with the crowd and thanked the band and Eddie and starting singing
  • Options
    [size=+2]AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH![/size]

HEY STELAA STONEY SANG!!!! HOW GOOD WAS THAT!!! IMMORTALITY!!

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    I'm probably way too excited right now to make any coherent sort of contribution, but that was my first Pearl Jam concert ever and it was absolutely brilliant.

Sitting down amongst the 10C just made things even better. Everyone got into it and it made for an amazing experience.

I don't even really know where to begin with my highlights... the additions to Wishlist were great though :) OH, and Sad! That was unexpected and awesome! Black.... Betterman w/ save it for later, that was excellent... I could go on and on.

If they are anywhere near as good tomorrow night I will be very happy.
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    pearl_man wrote:
    never heard a version of black done like that before. all of us just kept singing the "do do do, do, do do doooo" even when the music stopped. i think ed was impressed.

the crowd seemed really into it too. very loud for the whole night. definately louder than both brisbane nights, thats all i can judge it on tho so dont rely on me. just wait for what everone else says.

before stone sung dont gimme no lip, he was saying how unwell ed was. you could definately tell, his voice was dissapearing at some of the higher notes.

I thought there might be something wrong with Ed when MR told me that he didn't want to go for a surf with him yesterday. Instead they just did lunch.
    I didn't think much of it at the time (due to Sundays epic show) but MR said that Ed just collapsed into a sofa backstage at Newcastle due to him being "completely buggered"

Maybe Ed's becoming burnt out :eek:
  • Options
    tim's right, WHERE TO START!!!

there was major confusion re. soundcheck... whether they came REALLY early (NO!) or really DID have delays coming from sydney ( :eek: ) i'm sure someone knows the story!!!

pre-show at the gov was nice... i hope paaks (?) is enjoying his goon right now haha :D

STARTING WITH SMALL TOWN! ahhhhhh :o

lyric changes... adelaide thrown in somewhere... for the life of me.. can't remember! and my God its been 3 years :D

DTE - stoked they played this, david - his fave song - onya truck, your hallelujah fingers rocked :D;) did i hear an 'admire stone' too?

GOD'S DICE!!! wha-wha-WHAAAAAAAAAT! awesome

nice to see the verses in order in once this time... baha!

SOLAT - my 2nd show and 2nd time i hear this - yeh :D no gus this time, awwww!!

immortality - :eek::eek::eek: rang joel - hope ya enjoyed that :o

WISHLIST!!!!! added lyrics
    'i wish i lived in adelaide.... i'd go to the beach and get laid...' ummm WAS THAT RIGHT!? :eek: more on that... can't wait for the boot :D

lovely intro speech into army reserve :)

daughter - bed are burning - war - crowd went nuts :D ed pointed out the mic in bits and let us sing

man of the hour was beautiful... just held my breathe the whole time

no woman no cry - what a treat :)

ed teasing us before betterman... kept going for it but held back... :eek: 'ooo-oooo-oooh' :D

BLACK - OH. MY. GOD.

the crowd continued the 'do-do-do's' WELL after they stopped playing and ed and the guys just looked on at us all chanting it all 'wtf' :D in a good way :p

IS THIS WHEN ED SAYS WE'RE COMING TO ADELAIDE FIRST NEXT TIME WE COME BACK?

:D

alive :o got some dodgy vid :D

starting 2nd encore with last kiss... awwwww :D i'm secretly very glad to have heard that live :o

don't gimme no lip!! so that was jim and others starting the 'let stone sing' chant? hahaahaha :D

*giggles* ohhhh i dunno what to say about that... very fun :p

sad... :) *thankyou*

closing with baba - YEEEEES! :D:D:D crowd participation passable :p

my 2nd pearl jam show... and i really emjoyed it over my first ;)

i got 10C NEXT to my godbrother and behind my brother so with 6 people you're close with... it goes off! :D

mark.. i swear.. one more 'i love you eddie...' :eek: :p:D

BRING ON NIGHT 2!

PS. THEY GAVE ME MORE TOWELS THAN I PAID FOR!!!

hahaahahaaa!!
    wah
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:
    HEY STELAA STONEY SANG!!!! HOW GOOD WAS THAT!!! IMMORTALITY!!

I KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!! :eek: :D :eek: *dies*

my review is kinda long... sorry :eek:
    wah
  • Options
    ive been waiting to write a fanview for soooo long! Finally :D

tonight was absolutally awesome, perfect setlist, the crowd was exceptional, finally an australian crowd sung our part in baba! :D dont gimmie no lip was halarious fun, sad was an unexpected suprise, as was no woman no cry.

immortality!! :D i wanted this one sooo much, and it was everything i had hoped!

the highlight had to be the end of black, hearing the crowd continuing the song was beautiful, and the band were just sitting back in awe!

its really still sinking in that i just saw pearl jam, it was a truly amasing night, cant wait for tomorrow! just really hope eddie gets a good nights rest and that he's feeling better tomorrow.

ill probably think of more hightlights later, im constantly thinking of more and more as i type.... gods dice! oh almost forgot about that!! good to see it back! :D
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • Options
    I KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!! :eek: :D :eek: *dies*

my review is kinda long... sorry :eek:

Your review is tops. This'll be another boot to add to my collection. Well done to you guys.

I really hope Ed's OK, not only for his sake but for the Perth crowd too. I can feel their anticipation from here.
  • Options
    the show was tops up there with the gorge for me..... it was really a top class pearl jam live performance. the whole crowd was into and so were ed and the boys.. the set featured many none common tracks (once, sad, no lip, gods dice, immort....) awesome just awesome. If tomorrow night is half as good as tonights show I will be a happy man. PEARL JAM WERE ON FIRE THATS IS ALL. Tim

• Options
    BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    Immortality! Sweet!!! Nice to see them bring that out and Undone the night before.
  • Options
    Frankly, lets get something straight here - Adelaide, despite being bagged by every other city in Australia shone tonight, as bright as the brightest light on top of the brightest christmas tree (merry christmas to all by the way...!) we are fucking awesome! THe display we put on for Pearl Jam was amazing, especially considering rather average audiences in other cities... we are fucking brilliant!
    Everybody loved No Woman - but more to the point STONE SANG DON'T GIMMIE NO LIP - for fuck's sake people, that was fucking amazing - 14 shows and we have never seen anything like that before....
    This show was something else - any cynical bastard who dares bag any part of this show is a moron, and more over Adelaide WELL DONE WE ROCKED!!!
    adelaide 2003, madrid 2006, marseille 2006, paris 2006, melbourne 2006, adelaide x 2 2006,
  • Options
    miss edith wrote:
    any cynical bastard who dares bag any part of this show is a moron, and more over Adelaide WELL DONE WE ROCKED!!!

:D i was thinking this on the way home! we kicked ass and if anyone says otherwise, they're wrong.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • Options
    Wow! First Pearl Jam Concert and easily far better than the best concert I had been to until now! Unfortunately they decided to come during exams so I can not elaborate on how much I enjoyed it as I have an exam to prepare for :(
    WISHLIST!!!!! added lyrics
    'i wish i lived in adelaide.... i'd go to the beach and get laid...' ummm WAS THAT RIGHT!? more on that... can't wait for the boot

There was 2 more lines to it. One was something like "Sick of the USA" and other was about surfing.

Can't wait to do it all again tomorrow night!
  • Options
    miss edith wrote:
    Frankly, lets get something straight here - Adelaide, despite being bagged by every other city in Australia shone tonight, as bright as the brightest light on top of the brightest christmas tree (merry christmas to all by the way...!) we are fucking awesome! THe display we put on for Pearl Jam was amazing, especially considering rather average audiences in other cities... we are fucking brilliant!
    Everybody loved No Woman - but more to the point STONE SANG DON'T GIMMIE NO LIP - for fuck's sake people, that was fucking amazing - 14 shows and we have never seen anything like that before....
    This show was something else - any cynical bastard who dares bag any part of this show is a moron, and more over Adelaide WELL DONE WE ROCKED!!!

we did Im proud of our fans we did show the rest of our country whos boss when it come to PJ crowds.... Amazing. I was fourth row dead centre also :D

• Options
    Zoso wrote:
    we did Im proud of our fans we did show the rest of our country whos boss when it come to PJ crowds.... Amazing. I was fourth row dead centre also :D

nice! 8th row for us :D

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/yellow_ledbetter/p1-1.jpg
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/yellow_ledbetter/p2-1.jpg

pretty dodgy but you get the idea :p little odd at first... then when ya have a close look it's actually really really cool :)
    wah
  • Options
    nice! 8th row for us :D

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/yellow_ledbetter/p1-1.jpg
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/yellow_ledbetter/p2-1.jpg

pretty dodgy but you get the idea :p little odd at first... then when ya have a close look it's actually really really cool :)

I have a few really nice pics they came out well for once in my live gig life. Stella so better than U2 :D Say yes hehehehehe

• Options
    Today would have to come close to the greatest day of my life.

I started off today with having my final year 12 exam and then going straight to pearl jam. Was my first PJ show, and was by far the best show ive ever seen. Highlights included black, given to fly, daughter (with midnight oil !!!!) and sad.

And to top off the night i managed to catch one of matt's drumsticks!!!

What a day
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:
    I have a few really nice pics they came out well for once in my live gig life. Stella so better than U2 :D Say yes hehehehehe

grats on the pics, make sure you post a few! :D

tim... tonight has been the best live concert i've ever been to :) tomorrow... is gonna be real special :)
    wah
  • Options
    We were 6 rows centre... anyone else love Ed's stumbling back into Betterman? Wasn't really sure what went on there, but putting it down to being overwhelmed by us all cheering - we cheered him out, then cheered him back in....! Not to mention the amazing Black participation resounding through the place - wow.... Ed even had to clap us...! By the way, who else shat themselves with God's Dice - Fuck Yeah.....!!!!
    adelaide 2003, madrid 2006, marseille 2006, paris 2006, melbourne 2006, adelaide x 2 2006,
  • Options
    grats on the pics, make sure you post a few! :D

tim... tonight has been the best live concert i've ever been to :) tomorrow... is gonna be real special :)

aww thats awesome stella really pleased u liked it that much. It was just something special from the boys and we knew how to make them feel at home huh we rocked Im proud of us! They gave you black again....

• Options
    That was awesome. Crowd was heaps better than Melb1, although, still a few stiffs in the non-10C seats! But the noise was deafening.

Setlist was fantastic. Good mix of classics and some random rarities. How good was MOTH, Sad and Don't Gimme No Lip?!!?!?!??!

Loved the show. Probably my fave PJ gig I have been to.

Also managed to sell my spare ticket, and but a much better one for tomorrow night.
  • Options
    miss edith wrote:

I for one would not bag Adelaide, or anywhere else for that matter. Luv yr passion though. 'Tis good to be proud of your home. Good on ya and well done to you all. Can't wait for the boot. Especially Black, ... and God's Dice, ... and Don't Gimme No Lip,....and .....

Going to Adelaide for my first time in about a month. Am looking forward to it.