What did you want to be when you grew up?

2»

Comments

• Mamasan23 wrote:
    Hatriet wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I always wanted to be a firefighter. My grandfather was the Chief of the Chicago FD when he retired and just about every other male in my family was in the CFD. I don't have any brothers, so I've always wanted to carry on the tradition. I actually went to take the test years ago, but then I met my now hubby and he didn't want me to do it :x I'm probably too old to get into it now, oh well!

Great thread!

My dad is a firefighter, I went to work with him one day and decided I really wanted to do that, but I have a problem with one of my eyes so I couldn't! :( How come your hubby didn't want you to do it? It would be such a cool job! :)

Aw I'm sorry to hear that :( Well since your dad is a firefighter, you understand how scary the job can be...I don't think my hubby liked the idea of me running into burning buildings. He's such a wuss!!! :lol:

Haha it's okay, plenty more to do! 8-) and yeah, it does look scary, I can understand both points of view, nice to know he cares so much too! :)
    Harriet. :)
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Kinda progressed like this:

Checkout girl at grocery store (so I could punch buttons and count money all day - I was 10)
    Rock star
    Astronomer
    Physicist
    DJ
    Photographer
    Photographer to rock bands
    Pearl Jam's photographer

Still evolving :mrgreen:
  • Suziemay wrote:
    Photographer

Me too!
    PJ Manchester MEN - 20.06.12
    PJ Manchester MEN - 21.06.12
    EV Manchester O2 Apollo - 28.07.12
    PJ Leeds Arena - 08.07.14
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    a professional football player (soccer) until i realised i was a good player, but not that good :lol:
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
    Suziemay wrote:
    Photographer

Me too!

:mrgreen:
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    a pilot.... fighter pilot to be exact
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    a madame
    a country star a la Loretta Lynn
    a talk show host

some things never change...
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    A mechanic..

Way to go dipshit :evil: :lol:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,558
    loan officer
    www.myspace.com
    loan officer

Not a juggler?? :lol::lol::lol:

Ohh, I crack myself up.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I wanted to be either a baseball player or an archaeologist. I know, strange combination. I'm now a 6th grade teacher of children with Autism.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.