What did you want to be when you grew up?

HatrietHatriet Posts: 80
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
What did you want to be or do when you grew up, or what do you want to do now? :)
Harriet. :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    It's not very original, but astronaut. Even after the Challenger thing when I was 6, still wanted to be an astronaut. Not so much now though.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    a pimp
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I always wanted to be a firefighter. My grandfather was the Chief of the Chicago FD when he retired and just about every other male in my family was in the CFD. I don't have any brothers, so I've always wanted to carry on the tradition. I actually went to take the test years ago, but then I met my now hubby and he didn't want me to do it :x I'm probably too old to get into it now, oh well!

Great thread!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Jason78Jason78 Posts: 400
    A chef or a rock star. The chef thing worked out so I suppose that's quazi rock star. :mrgreen:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,941
    this would somehow suggests I've grown up.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • It's not very original, but astronaut. Even after the Challenger thing when I was 6, still wanted to be an astronaut. Not so much now though.

I think it's original! And I'd also love to be an astronaut, but how do you become one?! That's what I wanna know :?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I wanted to play basketball for Bob Knight for a career.
  • Hatriet wrote:
    What did you want to be or do when you grew up, or what do you want to do now? :)

You must have read my mind...I was going to start the exact kind of thread!!
    PJ Manchester MEN - 20.06.12
    PJ Manchester MEN - 21.06.12
    EV Manchester O2 Apollo - 28.07.12
    PJ Leeds Arena - 08.07.14
  • Simple man
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I wanted to be a radio dj or anything that would involve music. I still would love to do this but finances hold me back!
    PJ Manchester MEN - 20.06.12
    PJ Manchester MEN - 21.06.12
    EV Manchester O2 Apollo - 28.07.12
    PJ Leeds Arena - 08.07.14
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    edited November 2011
    Post edited by pinkbutterfly on
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
    Hatriet wrote:
    It's not very original, but astronaut. Even after the Challenger thing when I was 6, still wanted to be an astronaut. Not so much now though.

I think it's original! And I'd also love to be an astronaut, but how do you become one?! That's what I wanna know :?

Aside from the physical demands, I think most astronauts have multiple PhD's.
  • Hatriet wrote:

Aside from the physical demands, I think most astronauts have multiple PhD's.

Oh, maybe not for me then :lol: I can always dream!
  • 81 wrote:
    a pimp

a ho ROTFL!

:lol:
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    What I can remember most clearly is wanting to become a ballerina. :lol: Never took any classes or anything, not sure if I even wanted to.. Just wanted to be a ballerina.

Now I think I'm studying for what I wanna do. :) (Classroom assistant, etc.) At least it's what I want to do for now.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    I always wanted to be a firefighter. My grandfather was the Chief of the Chicago FD when he retired and just about every other male in my family was in the CFD. I don't have any brothers, so I've always wanted to carry on the tradition. I actually went to take the test years ago, but then I met my now hubby and he didn't want me to do it :x I'm probably too old to get into it now, oh well!

Great thread!

My dad is a firefighter, I went to work with him one day and decided I really wanted to do that, but I have a problem with one of my eyes so I couldn't! :( How come your hubby didn't want you to do it? It would be such a cool job! :)
  • I wanted to be an astronaut, actually fly the space shuttle, but my eyesight as a kid was terrible and you typically had to be an Air Force/Navy pilot so there wasn't a chance. Plus I'm a pretty smart guy but not multiple PhD level smarts in astrophysics or anything. I became a banker instead. Next best thing right?
  • eMMI wrote:
    What I can remember most clearly is wanting to become a ballerina. :lol: Never took any classes or anything, not sure if I even wanted to.. Just wanted to be a ballerina.

Now I think I'm studying for what I wanna do. :) (Classroom assistant, etc.) At least it's what I want to do for now.

Good for you! :) Good luck with that, you could always put on a tutu and entertain everyone in class if the atmosphere gets a bit dull... :)
  • I wanted to be an astronaut, actually fly the space shuttle, but my eyesight as a kid was terrible and you typically had to be an Air Force/Navy pilot so there wasn't a chance. Plus I'm a pretty smart guy but not multiple PhD level smarts in astrophysics or anything. I became a banker instead. Next best thing right?

Better! ;)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    a Native American, Mamakating Tribe.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,941
    I'm about to learn how to drive, backup, and parallel park a semi tractor with trailer!!

I have wanted to drive for a living for an awful long time. Now I'm going to!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Hatriet wrote:

You must have read my mind...I was going to start the exact kind of thread!!

:o weird! Good minds think a-like! ;)
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    I'm about to learn how to drive, backup, and parallel park a semi tractor with trailer!!

I have wanted to drive for a living for an awful long time. Now I'm going to!!!

Nice one! :mrgreen:
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    I would simply like to grow up someday though every time PJ tours, it's like I'm a teenager with all that angst once again; especially this year with all the 20th anniversary stuff. In many ways I am the same person I was when Ten came out, which is good in some ways but maybe questionable in others?
    Hatriet wrote:
    eMMI wrote:

Good for you! :) Good luck with that, you could always put on a tutu and entertain everyone in class if the atmosphere gets a bit dull... :)

Thanks very much. :) A tutu, you say..? Must write that down for emergencies. :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • eMMI wrote:
    Hatriet wrote:
    eMMI wrote:

Thanks very much. :) A tutu, you say..? Must write that down for emergencies. :lol:

:lol::lol: Don't forget the ballet shoes :)
    Hatriet wrote:
    :lol::lol: Don't forget the ballet shoes :)

How could I?! It just wouldn't be the same. :lol:
    If only I had known as a kid that all that was required of somebody to become rich and famous was to be in a sex tape, then I wouldn't have studied so hard. Kind of makes me wonder that if kids these days actually have such low aspirations for themselves.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I wanted to be a minister because when we went to church I liked that he got to stand up higher than anyone else and every one was quiet and listened to his every word.
    As the youngest child perhaps that indicated I never felt listened too :lol:

I actually became a children's social worker :shock:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Hatriet wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Great thread!

My dad is a firefighter, I went to work with him one day and decided I really wanted to do that, but I have a problem with one of my eyes so I couldn't! :( How come your hubby didn't want you to do it? It would be such a cool job! :)

Aw I'm sorry to hear that :( Well since your dad is a firefighter, you understand how scary the job can be...I don't think my hubby liked the idea of me running into burning buildings. He's such a wuss!!! :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2