Options

Backpack for Vinyl

2»

Comments

• Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    People overbidding on items is usually to kill touts/flippers.
    Tickets for the stone roses reunion tour went onsale the other day and were doing ridiculous amounts through ticket agencies and on ebay, someone bid £1000,000 on the tickets, just to get it shut down.

this is whats happened here..

i think.
  • Options
    BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506
    SwBkRn44 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Bant wrote:

Why do people think it was fake? There is zero evidence that auction was fake.

There really isn't any way to know unless you were the seller and fixed the auction...

We'll have a good idea if it was fake if the same seller has a bag for sale sometime soon.

Of course he might have got multiples somehow, or he's relisting his after his auction got effed with.

I still say it didn't actually sell for that, not that it was fake but that people might have been screwing with the auction.

The guy "screwing" with the auction has over 200 feedback of which is 100% positive. All signs point to this auction being legit.
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Bant wrote:
    SwBkRn44 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

There really isn't any way to know unless you were the seller and fixed the auction...

We'll have a good idea if it was fake if the same seller has a bag for sale sometime soon.

Of course he might have got multiples somehow, or he's relisting his after his auction got effed with.

I still say it didn't actually sell for that, not that it was fake but that people might have been screwing with the auction.

The guy "screwing" with the auction has over 200 feedback of which is 100% positive. All signs point to this auction being legit.

Or he's been doing this a long time...

C'mon someone that hikes more than listen to records has to have a Benny collecting dust! 8-)

I'll also donate $50 to the charity of your choice for a Benny or Easy St. :D
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Count me in the fuckin' 40 then cos' I'm a vinyl nerd.
    Benny for backpack seems ok to me. Someone has a Benny sitting on their shelf collecting dust. (my guess is 60% of them aren't being played).

If you aren't playing it and want a backpack, make the trade. Let dude listen!

Empty Glass fair trade bump
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Benny......I've heard it on vinyl once (thanks, Chris!)....someday.....someday.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    That was fake auction. Backpacks sell for $300 - $350. No way it's worth a Benny.

How was that a fake auction??
  • Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Bant wrote:
    That was fake auction. Backpacks sell for $300 - $350. No way it's worth a Benny.

Seller fees would be close to $100.00, don't think anyone will joke around to lose $100.00.
  • Options
    Good morning :D
  • Options
    I've increased my offer. Backpack and Blu-Ray are opened, but brand new in original packaging.
  • Options
    stickman wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Bant wrote:

Seller fees would be close to $100.00, don't think anyone will joke around to lose $100.00.

I meant to comment on this, but never did. The seller and buyer would actually be the same person/company to fix an auction. Happens all the time to create a false demand for items...
  • Options
    Backpack with a Blu-Ray Deluxe Set inside for your Benaroya Hall LP. I think that is fair. You will thank me in 10 years when the Benny is only worth a hundred bucks ;)
  • Options
    ST279453ST279453 Posts: 195
    PM Sent
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    I've got a backpack and blu ray unopened that I'd trade for a Benny Vinyl. PM me if you're interested.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Would you trade this for Binurual or lost dogs sealed?
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Backpack with a Blu-Ray Deluxe Set inside for your Benaroya Hall LP. I think that is fair. You will thank me in 10 years when the Benny is only worth a hundred bucks ;)
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Would you trade this for lost dogs or Binurual sealed?

I've got a backpack and blu ray unopened that I'd trade for a Benny Vinyl. PM me if you're interested.
  • Options

Really, dude? Did it occur to you that its rude to do this in someone else's thread? :roll:
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    crazypjfan wrote:

Really, dude? Did it occur to you that its rude to do this in someone else's thread? :roll:

Uh oh, looks like I made a cardinal sin.

Nope, absolutely didn't occur to me. I saw a PM was sent, so I posted also. I'm not hijacking anyone's trade offer, just putting it out there that if there is more than one person willing to make that trade, I'm open to it.

It's not the end of the world, chill out.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

Uh oh, looks like I made a cardinal sin.

Nope, absolutely didn't occur to me. I saw a PM was sent, so I posted also. I'm not hijacking anyone's trade offer, just putting it out there that if there is more than one person willing to make that trade, I'm open to it.

It's not the end of the world, chill out.

it's kind of an unwritten rule that you start your own thread for this type of thing. even better if you wait until this guy's offer either goes through or dies on the table.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    I agree w/ Hugh...
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Decided to just keep the blu-ray but the backpack is up for trade.

Looking for the following vinyl:

Binaural
    Yield
    Avocado
    RVM
    LO2L

Thanks!