Options

For those who are craving for stuff...

javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
edited October 2011 in Lost Dogs
On Nov 13th weekend, not only Pearl Jam is in Buenos Aires, there is a kind of fair going on, both on Nov 12th and 13th, it is the Feria Internacional de Coleccionismo Discografico, that would be translated into Record Collecting International Fair or something like that. Nothing to do with Record Store Day but there is a lot of wackos like us who trade CD and Vinyl. They come from all over the country, and there are some that come from Chile and Brazil.

I could make it on the 12th, not the 13th, so I could ask for rare PJ related stuff. Last year there were a lot Music on Vinyl stuff, which is cool, but not what we are interested in. However, there were many counterfeit Temple of the dog vinyl, red, green and purple.

So, I can go around the stands and ask for contact phone numbers, email addresses, webstores and so on, and then I can post them here, on this thread, so that you can take a peep and ask about what you are interested in if they aren't gone the following day.

I have my ticket for Pearl Jam concert the following day, so I won't be able to do anything for you later, since I am leaving for La Plata, the city where the concert is held, on the 12th. But you can tell me "hey, Javis, ask for this and let me know what you found..."

No need to PM (it would be easier for me)

VERY IMPORTANT THING: DON'T EXPECT YOUR "HOLY GRIAL" TO BE LAYING AROUND IN BUENOS AIRES. THERE MIGHT BE A CHANCE IT IS, BUT IT IS NOT VERY LIKELY.

off to dine...
... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,743
    would love the rolling stone with the free copy of Ten magazine made in argentina?

although I have a friend who organises this fair also looking out for me
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    pdalowsky wrote:
    would love the rolling stone with the free copy of Ten magazine made in argentina?

although I have a friend who organises this fair also looking out for me

That is a good one, tell your friend that there are many news agents in Buenos Aires downtown who still have that issue, it is a special issue, just the mag and the cd, apart from the RS monthly issue, the Ten mag contains pics of the band of that era, of course the articles are in spanish, some are translated and some are written by RS respected journalists, and the Ten CD is a "replica" of the US Epic release, it is a picture CD with the booklet, this release is curated by RS Argentine Magazine, before that, the Argentine Ten release was empty, the booklet contained the cover but inside it was blank, the same as the Brazilian release, which most people believed to have an extra track but it is the same instrumental piece of music after release, however, the Brazilian publishers wrote the title of that track on the back cover, MASTER/SLAVE.
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...