Albert Pujols....

2»

Comments

• Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    this thread blows my mind.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    pujols had a foot problem and not a fractured wrist? what?

that is a huge revelation. why would this story get out on a pearl jam message board in october and not anywhere else in the last 5 months? :?

not saying your lying. but i would assume it's possible the while he was on the dl for his wrist problem, he got his foot checked out as well...being that he's had issues there throughout his career.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603

that is a huge revelation. why would this story get out on a pearl jam message board in october and not anywhere else in the last 5 months? :?

not saying your lying. but i would assume it's possible the while he was on the dl for his wrist problem, he got his foot checked out as well...being that he's had issues there throughout his career.

ha, yeah. I did think what he said about cortisone was pretty interesting though.
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    All I know is that is even though my team was on the other end of that display last night, that was something special to watch. I hope the Rangers can recover, but I don't know. Looks like we have run into "that f-ing team" again this year.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I'm a little suprised hearing you say it was his foot and not his wrist. I think a plantar fascia rupture is what happened to Chen Ming Wang. That was a tough break.

Interesting stuff though. Interesting you say that about the cortisone shot in the achilles, the Phillies gave Howard one before the playoffs, I believe and he went on to rupture it. Interesting that from what you are saying, that could be considered irresponsible.
    i was shocked when she told me that too. everyone saw him get hit with that ball in the wrist area. there are certain wrist fractures that you could play with after 2 or 3 weeks if they are completely non-displaced and stable fractures, such as a fracture of the ulnar styloid process, but with that you run the risk of tearing the triangular fibrocartilage complex, which in most cases becomes chronic and is a surgical issue because it makes the wrist unstable. if he had a scaphoid fracture that requires casting in most cases up to 3 months then extensive rehab. in most cases of scaphoid fracture they have to surgically pin that back together because it has poor blood supply and does not heal very well on it's own. knowing what i do about professional sports and medicine, i had no doubt that the wrist injury was a cover story for the foot, or he had the foot taken care of while the wrist was injured. with a ruputred or surgically cut plantar fascia they can give you an orthotic for heel cushioning and arch support and let you play quickly as long as pain allows.

this woman is someone i have known and been dear friends with since i was in 7th grade. she has never lied to me about anything and i have no reason to doubt her word in this situation.

i never heard that about the cortisone injection in the achilles for howard. they may have injected the tendon sheath, which is the lining that covers and lubricates the actual tendon, which i have heard of in extreme rare cases, but i have never heard that injecting the actual tendon is ever indicated in any situation.. they may have told howard that "these are your options. we can do surgery now or we can try an injection to try to get you through the playoffs, we advise against the injection, but it is your choice". i don't know of any doctor that would come out an say "ok let's inject that achilles tendon!!" because he would be putting himself at risk of liability if the tendon tears. tendon rupture after cotrisone injection is about 1% of all cases, but after multiple injections in the same body part in a short timeframe it becomes more likely. this is why doctors spread out repeat cortisone injections to no sooner than about 3 months between them. the general rule of thumb for cortisone is no more than 3 per calander year per body part. if they did inject his achilles they had to have made him aware of all of the risks involved. that is not a decision that should be taken lightly.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179

i am going by the word of someone who works at the surgery center where the washingon university sports medicine surgeons operate. those are the team docs for all of the st louis professional sports franchises and their minor league affiliates. i am not going by reports in the media because everything in the media said it was a wrist fracture. i don't doubt that he had a wrist injury, but my question is why would he be in a walking boot non weightbearing, with crutches with a wrist fracture??

when you think about it, it makes sense.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    He'll look nice in pinstripes. Damn Yankees.
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    MAS wrote:
    MAS wrote:
    if someone can just explain how i can post a picture on here, I got an awesome before and after for u guys...

paste the picture's URL, select it, and click the button above that says "Img"

it doesnt have a url it was emailed to me..

Upload it to an image hosting site first (like Photobucket).

Once you upload it there, you'll have an IMG code.

Come back here, paste the IMG code, and voila.
  • Options
    MASMAS Posts: 628
    rackmultipart48780displ.jpg
    Shot at 2011-10-23
  • Options
    rackmultipart252180disp.jpg
    Shot at 2011-10-23
  • Options
    Upload it to an image hosting site first (like Photobucket).

Once you upload it there, you'll have an IMG code.

Come back here, paste the IMG code, and voila.[/quote]

thank you oona!!
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i thought he injured his wrist :?

royals-cardinals-7F65DBQ-x-large.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    rival. wrote:
    i thought he injured his wrist :?

royals-cardinals-7F65DBQ-x-large.jpg

he's saying "ouch! my foot!"
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i agree with cliffy. look at jeter. of course you are going to be smaller your rookie year. seasons after seasons of using top class professional trainers and training facilities, you are going to put on a ton of muscle. i do question ortiz's before and after pics though. ;)

derek-jeter.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    MAS wrote:
    rackmultipart252180disp.jpg
    Shot at 2011-10-23

nah...he's just been eating his Wheaties. :lol::lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com