Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i don't know about that, but i can tell you that man is about to get PAID
    Cha-Ching$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    he's one of those guys that i've always thought was on something. they still don't test for hgh in baseball...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    If it's ever discovered that Pujols is on any performance enhancers, I'll never watch baseball again. Everybody involved in the sport, even my beloved Phillies, could go fuck themselves if Pujols is cheating. I was fooled once (by Alex Rodrigeze) and I shalln't be fooled again.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Nittany1bnNittany1bn Near Philadelphia Posts: 214
    Best hitter alive. One of only 6 players in history with a .325+BA and 400+HR. And, just because you're big and strong and great doesn't make you a cheater.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Nittany1bn wrote:
    Best hitter alive. One of only 6 players in history with a .325+BA and 400+HR. And, just because you're big and strong and great doesn't make you a cheater.

all of the other guys that were big and strong were proved to be a cheaters.

interesting if he is or isn't. it's a shame the public actually likes him and his name won't "accidentally" get slipped like a-rods.

i am sure someone has something on him.
  • Options
    MASMAS Posts: 628
    if someone can just explain how i can post a picture on here, I got an awesome before and after for u guys...
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    he's one of those guys that i've always thought was on something. they still don't test for hgh in baseball...

Hgh alone will do almost nothing for you strength wise.
  • Options
    MAS wrote:
    if someone can just explain how i can post a picture on here, I got an awesome before and after for u guys...

paste the picture's URL, select it, and click the button above that says "Img"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Nittany1bnNittany1bn Near Philadelphia Posts: 214
    not all of them were cheaters, griffey, thomas, thome, plenty of good hitters weren't implicated. EVERY big name player who was implicated has had their name out there, with or without proof. If there was anything out there about Albert Pujols it would have come out somewhwere, the media has been chasing down evey PED story like a pack of dogs for years.
  • Options
    Nittany1bn wrote:
    not all of them were cheaters, griffey, thomas, thome, plenty of good hitters weren't implicated. EVERY big name player who was implicated has had their name out there, with or without proof. If there was anything out there about Albert Pujols it would have come out somewhwere, the media has been chasing down evey PED story like a pack of dogs for years.

please remove griffey's name from this discussion.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Just leave it at the fact the dude is a beast. Last night was unreal.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    MAS wrote:

paste the picture's URL, select it, and click the button above that says "Img"

it doesnt have a url it was emailed to me..
  • Options
    I really hope it's not a picture of him getting bigger from early in his career. People grow and unless it's a picture of him growing in his 30's, like a certain slugger did, it proves nothing.
  • Options
    you're limited to how much your body can grow just lifting weight naturally....
    IMO he's cheating... now granted the extra muscle mass wont help you hit the ball, but it would turn double into HR's, singles into doubles, and all those warning track fly's will start clearing the fence....
  • Options
    These are big people to begin with. Jeter has grown like crazy, look at a picture from the minor leagues and now. Complete change. And i love how players are being accused of taking steroids based on pictures
  • Options
    MAS wrote:
    you're limited to how much your body can grow just lifting weight naturally....
    IMO he's cheating... now granted the extra muscle mass wont help you hit the ball, but it would turn double into HR's, singles into doubles, and all those warning track fly's will start clearing the fence....

he did come back from that injury in about half the time he was expected to miss. certainly raised some eyebrows.

it's mlb, given it's recent history, people will always be skeptical of players like pujols. nature of the beast.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    He came back from a fractured wrist in a much shorter amount of time. How does that raise eyebrows? It's a broken bone, the only known steroids that would have any impact on bones healing would come up in any drug test

People love to raise flags just because there was a problem. Unless he was on that 2003 list, he has never failed a test.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    He came back from a fractured wrist in a much shorter amount of time. How does that raise eyebrows? It's a broken bone, the only known steroids that would have any impact on bones healing would come up in any drug test

People love to raise flags just because there was a problem. Unless he was on that 2003 list, he has never failed a test.

like i said, it is the nature of the beast in major league baseball. when you turn the other way for a decade and a half this is what happens.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A ... ors_070511

at game 5 a few weeks ago, you heard the same "you're on steroids" chants that they yelled to manny ramirez a couple years earlier. the skepticism, true or not, will linger over players like this for a while. it's the league's on fault. eventually it will go away i guess.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Hgh would probably help a bone heal more than any steroids based on what they do to the body. most steroids would probably have a negative effect.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776

+1

if the guy's swing doesn't prove natural hitter, i don't know what does.

incredible stroke.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

+1

if the guy's swing doesn't prove natural hitter, i don't know what does.

incredible stroke.

favorite player growing up. could have been the best ever if he stayed healthy. :x
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

favorite player growing up. could have been the best ever if he stayed healthy. :x

Steroids cause nagging injuries. Just saying, if we want to just make assumptions, that's a fair assumption.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Steroids cause nagging injuries. Just saying, if we want to just make assumptions, that's a fair assumption.

they also help you recover quicker and allow you to get stronger later in your career. the opposite was true of griff compared to his contemporaries.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Until he fails a test...I'm going to consider him clean.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    first off, pujols came back from a "fractured wrist" in half the time because he did not have a fractured wrist. having worked with professional athletes in rehabilitation and physical therapy i can say that what you hear in the press relating to any pro athlete's injury most times is not the entire truth, and in some cases an out and out lie....in the case of the "wrist fracture", my friend's wife works at a surgery center here in town and she said that pujols was there for a "routine procedure for a foot problem" and he left the surgery center in a walking boot and on crutches. ever try to use crutches with a wrist fracture? doesn't work too well. i don't know if it was a plantar fascia surgery, but his struggle with plantar fasciitis over the years has been well documented. it makes sense that he came back quickly from plantar fascia surgery because they do not go in and repair anything, they cut the bad part of the tendon and that is it. all you have to do is wait for the incisions to heal. this is why the plantar fascia is the only part of the body where they will give multiple cortisone injections in a short period of time without fear. too much cortisone exposure in a short period of time can cause soft tissue and tendon weakening and potential rupture, which in this case a plantar fascia rupture is the same thing has having the surgery, just not as precise. this is why they do not do cortisone injections in major tendons like the achilles, the patellar tendon, or quadriceps tendon, because too much risk of tendon rupture. they especially would not inject those areas on a multimillion dollar athlete and put his career at risk.

secondly, look at how durable he has been. he has barely been on the dl over the course of his career. anyone on steroids or human growth hormone over time begins to suffer from serious tendon issues like tendon degeneration. look at mark mcgwire and jd drew. they had similar patellar tendon issues that would not heal, even with the most advanced medial treatment. eventually tendon biopsies were performed and apparently they both had some tendon necrosis, or dead tissue within the tendon, which is a sign of long term steroid use. if pujols has been using anything, he would start to be on the dl much more often with much worse and more complicated issues. yes, steroids can help promote weight gain and faster return from minor injuries, but long term use is much more detrimental to your overall health and will ultimately shorten a career. pujols has also not shown typical signs of chronic use such as acne. he does have the baldness, but if you look at his numbers he has been very consistent over his career. if he started using anything during his career we would see a spike while using and a decline in his numbers while cycling off..
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

they also help you recover quicker and allow you to get stronger later in your career. the opposite was true of griff compared to his contemporaries.

To an extent, sure, it depends on how long you have taken them though. There are certainly some diminishing returns. He also had a number of tendon injuries which are some of the most common injuries caused by steroids, if I remember correctly

All, I'm saying, if people want to look at a picture of Pujols and say he is on steroids, then you have to look and other evidence for players you like, no matter how weak that evidence is. Neither has anything dirty on them, at all, one has grown (people grow) and one had injuries that can be associated with steroids.
  • Options
    first off, pujols came back from a "fractured wrist" in half the time because he did not have a fractured wrist. having worked with professional athletes in rehabilitation and physical therapy i can say that what you hear in the press relating to any pro athlete's injury most times is not the entire truth, and in some cases an out and out lie....in the case of the "wrist fracture", my friend's wife works at a surgery center here in town and she said that pujols was there for a "routine procedure for a foot problem" and he left the surgery center in a walking boot and on crutches. ever try to use crutches with a wrist fracture? doesn't work too well. i don't know if it was a plantar fascia surgery, but his struggle with plantar fasciitis over the years has been well documented. it makes sense that he came back quickly from plantar fascia surgery because they do not go in and repair anything, they cut the bad part of the tendon and that is it. all you have to do is wait for the incisions to heal. this is why the plantar fascia is the only part of the body where they will give multiple cortisone injections in a short period of time without fear. too much cortisone exposure in a short period of time can cause soft tissue and tendon weakening and potential rupture, which in this case a plantar fascia rupture is the same thing has having the surgery, just not as precise. this is why they do not do cortisone injections in major tendons like the achilles, the patellar tendon, or quadriceps tendon, because too much risk of tendon rupture. they especially would not inject those areas on a multimillion dollar athlete and put his career at risk.

secondly, look at how durable he has been. he has barely been on the dl over the course of his career. anyone on steroids or human growth hormone over time begins to suffer from serious tendon issues like tendon degeneration. look at mark mcgwire and jd drew. they had similar patellar tendon issues that would not heal, even with the most advanced medial treatment. eventually tendon biopsies were performed and apparently they both had some tendon necrosis, or dead tissue within the tendon, which is a sign of long term steroid use. if pujols has been using anything, he would start to be on the dl much more often with much worse and more complicated issues. yes, steroids can help promote weight gain and faster return from minor injuries, but long term use is much more detrimental to your overall health and will ultimately shorten a career. pujols has also not shown typical signs of chronic use such as acne. he does have the baldness, but if you look at his numbers he has been very consistent over his career. if he started using anything during his career we would see a spike while using and a decline in his numbers while cycling off..

I'm a little suprised hearing you say it was his foot and not his wrist. I think a plantar fascia rupture is what happened to Chen Ming Wang. That was a tough break.

Interesting stuff though. Interesting you say that about the cortisone shot in the achilles, the Phillies gave Howard one before the playoffs, I believe and he went on to rupture it. Interesting that from what you are saying, that could be considered irresponsible.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

To an extent, sure, it depends on how long you have taken them though. There are certainly some diminishing returns. He also had a number of tendon injuries which are some of the most common injuries caused by steroids, if I remember correctly

All, I'm saying, if people want to look at a picture of Pujols and say he is on steroids, then you have to look and other evidence for players you like, no matter how weak that evidence is. Neither has anything dirty on them, at all, one has grown (people grow) and one had injuries that can be associated with steroids.

like i said, mlb has brought discussions like this upon themselves. it's a shame people even bring up steroids and griffy jr in the same sentence, but that's just the way it is these days.

great performance by pujols last night. great job of redeeming himself. still, as this thread shows, it's easy for people to be skeptical of him given the sport's recent past.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

like i said, mlb has brought discussions like this upon themselves. it's a shame people even bring up steroids and griffy jr in the same sentence, but that's just the way it is these days.

great performance by pujols last night. great job of redeeming himself. still, as this thread shows, it's easy for people to be skeptical of him given the sport's recent past.

No doubt, agree completely.