Things that drive me CRAZY about my boss

GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Posts: 3,076
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Things that annoy me about my boss (and I use that term VERY loosely):

1- He uses a calculator for EVERYTHING. You can't figure out 1300 minus 250 without using a fucking calculator? You can't figure out the age of someone who was born in 1929 and who is having a birthday today without a calculator? Seriously?

2- No matter what he is eating, it sounds like he is sucking the life out of every bite. Your mama never taught you to chew with your mouth closed? You don't know how to use a tooth pick afterwards?

3- He naps at his desk in plain sight. Every day.

4- He constantly uses the wrong word for things. Example: "I'm not very tech savory" (said this to a client); "Oh, I didn't mean to act like that..it must have been my alter eagle". This is in addition to not remembering anyone's names--including co-workers (he has worked here for almost 35 years). No, he is not trying to be funny. He is seriously an idiot.

5- He counts the obituaries every day and keeps track of how old people are when they die...all to try to prove a theory he has about how old people are on average when they die.

6- He reads the meat market ad out loud every week.

These are just a few....

What does your boss do that annoys the piss out of you?
Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• He spends our money like it's going out of style and then can't make payroll on payday.
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • :lol:

My boss is actually really cool, but that was funny as shit. I know a few people who fit most of those descriptions and it would be really tough to work with them. Better when it is your angry Uncle Jimmy or something....anyone but your boss!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • supadupasupadupa Posts: 377
    I am the boss. I wonder what my employees say about me...
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    I love how the OP and the first commenter both have avatars that are flipping the bird. That's ironic.

Fuck you, boss...
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    supadupa wrote:
    if they talk about me.....theyre shreded. Its a requirment that a fresh apple be on my desk every day and that I get to use the bathroom first, moreover, a courtesy warning is given when they are about to drop a number two.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    My boss is great. Seriously, she's the best. She knows how to treat people with respect and common decency.

Couldn't ask for a better boss.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    I could normally have a lot to say but my boss just paid for half my transmission replacement so it's all good. And I take back everything I have ever said!!
    (for now!!) ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • supadupasupadupa Posts: 377
    supadupa wrote:
    if they talk about me.....theyre shreded. Its a requirment that a fresh apple be on my desk every day and that I get to use the bathroom first, moreover, a courtesy warning is given when they are about to drop a number two.

I just require that my employees show up when they're scheduled and not steal stuff from the office.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    My boss is great. Seriously, she's the best. She knows how to treat people with respect and common decency.

Was she standing behind you when you typed this? :P
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    supadupa wrote:
    supadupa wrote:

I just require that my employees show up when they're scheduled and not steal stuff from the office.
    all I really care about is that they show up and do their job....Im not a stickler for anything really and give the benefit of the doubt on most any things. they are all pretty good people
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • I technically have 4 bosses...its just the one above I talked about in the OP that drives me completely insane. I use the term boss VERY loosely. I give him tasks, I teach him things, I don't need to ask permission for anything from him, I have more licenses and make almost 3 times as much as him....the only things he has on me is he gets input on my annual performance evaluation and on paper, he is above me.

My other 3 bosses are amazing and the very reason why I absolutely LOVE my job :D
    Makes much more sense...

2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    My current boss is pretty good for the most part, but he never knows when to shut up. It's guaranteed that, unless he's got a meeting that starts right when ours is scheduled to end, our meeting will run long.

And I'm not talking like 5 or 10 minutes long. We had one that was scheduled for a half hour last week and after an hour and a half I finally had to excuse myself so I could go pick up my kids. I have no idea how much longer it ran.

My previous boss was really good, but he was big with the malapropisms, too. "It's a mute point." Is one of his favorites.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    JTH wrote:
    "It's a mute point." Is one of his favorites.

haha!! I used to have a boss that actually would say "I want to touch all the bases" and "this is like rocket surgery"

Currently I have an excellent boss. I have known her for a long time, worked for her before. She demands a lot, but no-one here is smarter than her or works harder than she does. And she is always great about family things - I am able to make all my kids' activities and I can work from home if I need to from time to time. And she never throws us under the bus and gives us credit for things we do.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    DS1119 wrote:

Was she standing behind you when you typed this? :P

:lol: actually she's working from home today, she should have taken the day off, she's been burning the candle at both ends - and it's all work, no play
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Hubby is my boss and he drives me crazy in good ways ;)

I won't go into details 8-)
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,242
    My supervisor is funny as shit we call him Mclusckey after the corrupt cop from The Godfather :lol: ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    My boss used to talk about "all" his girlfriends and ask us for advice.... we were in a small office between 3 to 4 secretaries and him.... :roll:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    pandora wrote:
    Hubby is my boss and he drives me crazy in good ways ;)

I won't go into details 8-)

I'm sure your days are filled with fun with the "boss".... 8-)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Things that annoy me about my boss (and I use that term VERY loosely):

1- He uses a calculator for EVERYTHING. You can't figure out 1300 minus 250 without using a fucking calculator? You can't figure out the age of someone who was born in 1929 and who is having a birthday today without a calculator? Seriously?

2- No matter what he is eating, it sounds like he is sucking the life out of every bite. Your mama never taught you to chew with your mouth closed? You don't know how to use a tooth pick afterwards?

3- He naps at his desk in plain sight. Every day.

4- He constantly uses the wrong word for things. Example: "I'm not very tech savory" (said this to a client); "Oh, I didn't mean to act like that..it must have been my alter eagle". This is in addition to not remembering anyone's names--including co-workers (he has worked here for almost 35 years). No, he is not trying to be funny. He is seriously an idiot.

5- He counts the obituaries every day and keeps track of how old people are when they die...all to try to prove a theory he has about how old people are on average when they die.

6- He reads the meat market ad out loud every week.

These are just a few....

What does your boss do that annoys the piss out of you?

Wow... yeah, good luck with this KP. ;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,136
    Every now and then an idiom is misused, but that doesn't bother me. I like my bosses, co-workers in my group too. It's those stupid assholes across the hall that we depend on to do our job that piss me off. They'll determine that our computers need upgrades then give us Windows ME, randomly change server names without warning, and other crap like that. I can feel my blood pressure rising just typing about them... :x
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    I got one....when my boss poops his diapers, and then sits down immediately after. What a mess!

What? My boss is only 2 years old. :lol:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • dcfaithful wrote:

Wow... yeah, good luck with this KP. ;)

no worries dc, I run shit around here :lol:

If it weren't for the other great people I work with, I would have walked a long time ago!
    Makes much more sense...

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,842
    My boss is great.
    He is just kinda gross at times. Like the time he got shingles and felt compelled to describe it in excruciating detail.

But seriously, a great guy that has my back.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I got one....when my boss poops his diapers, and then sits down immediately after. What a mess!

What? My boss is only 2 years old. :lol:

:lol:
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    mine is pretty awesome.

except he insists on talking my ear off about football when he knows i hate football.

so if that is my biggest complaint, i think i am ok :)
  • can someone please post some annoying habits of thier bosses? PLEASE?

I'm starting to feel like a total bitch becuase most of these comments are "oh my boss is awesome!!"

:lol::lol:
    Makes much more sense...

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    can someone please post some annoying habits of thier bosses? PLEASE?

I'm starting to feel like a total bitch becuase most of these comments are "oh my boss is awesome!!"

:lol:
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505

Mine is annoying...especially when my coworker (my hubby) and I play rock-paper-scissors to see who gets diaper duty! Like seriously! Can't you just take one for the team???
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238

If it makes you feel better, I'll tell you about my former-former boss (the guy before the "mute point" one). He was a total a-hole who took credit for things that he had little to nothing to do with and passed the buck when there were problems. I couldn't stand working for him.

He and I got into a shouting match one time about what he felt was me dropping the ball on something. Essentially, I didn't explain in minute detail to one of my coworkers how to do a very routine task. She messed it up and he felt it was my fault because I took it for granted that someone who'd been working at this job for more than a decade would understand how to do something that somebody in their first year should know how to do.

He got fired about two weeks later.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    My boss is a COMPLETE idiot. She doesn't know how to work any Microsoft Office programs, so I'm constantly showing her how to...wait for it...save files! Sometimes I truly wonder about our society and all the idiots that are in charge.

Also, I work for a non-profit organization where people skills are a HUGE part of the job. We have relationships with members and spend a lot of time exhibiting at tradeshows, conventions, and the like. My boss has absolutely no people skills at all. She is very cold, talks over people when they are talking, and doesn't listen to a damn thing anyone says. A number of our members have confided in me that they think she's a total bitch...which she is...so I'm just hoping one day our board realizes this and fires her.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2